HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:13 AM
Australia, VIC, Chadstone
Joined Dec 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
M3.0x22
They are M4 on the Dynamic-S, not M3. I would have expected the Blaze to be the same.

You can get away with shorter on the front (17-19mm) and it helps avoid damage to your LiPo as you slide it in from the front.
maca55 is online now Find More Posts by maca55
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:02 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,854 Posts
You might want to consider nylon fasteners too. They'll shear off in a crash w/o so much tendency to tear up your foam.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maca55 View Post
They are M4 on the Dynamic-S, not M3. I would have expected the Blaze to be the same.

I quoted from the manual.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
Australia, VIC, Chadstone
Joined Dec 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
You might want to consider nylon fasteners too. They'll shear off in a crash w/o so much tendency to tear up your foam.
Hmmmm.. funny you mention that. I experienced the 'tear up' today at a slope trying to land in a 30 knot cross wind. It came down rather hard and the guts were literally ripped out as the wings spun round. I will upload a link to the action soon.
maca55 is online now Find More Posts by maca55
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,854 Posts
Ya...it's an unfortunate nature of the beast with gliders & their long wings. You see 'em upstairs with all their grace & beauty, & don't think about how ya better not get close to the ground with wings anything but level, or things can get ugly real quick! And it's surprising how much a seemingly minor li'l cartwheel can tear up! A lesson learned the hard way, for me!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:49 AM
Joined Dec 2007
28 Posts
Can anyone please tell me the difference between Blaze and Dynamic-S ?

Thanks
sookainian is offline Find More Posts by sookainian
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:49 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
Can anyone please tell me the difference between Blaze and Dynamic-S ?

Thanks
I doubt if anyone here owns both to be able to thoroughly compare, but they seem almost identical.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:21 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Blizzard > Blaze > Dynamic-S it appears to be a cloning evolution. The Dynamic-S is the cheapest and is hard to fault(apart from that turn left thing) so I don't see any reason why you choose the more expensive option unless the cheaper one was flawed in some way. I tossed my Dynamic-S up into a 40kmh southerly again this morning and had a great time. At one point I had it powered off into the wind and it just hovered moving backwards looking kind of strange.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:02 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,854 Posts
Goin' by my notes, the only diffs besides the decalry are:
Blaze Dyn-S
Motor: 3520 - 1130Kv 35xx - 820Kv
Prop: 10x6 Folder 12x6.5 Folder
The plastic plate that covers the V-Tail servos is different, or not present on the 'S'.
Price: $129.99 w/Free Ship (Tower) vs $118.34 + $43.33 Shipping* from Hobbit Kong USA Warehouse.
*And this bullcrap stunt of theirs cost them ANY future airplane business from me.
Phoenix 2000 from Same warehouse, bigger box, weighs 1 kilo more; shipping was $17. I even contacted their "customer service" about the obvious error, and they told me I was wrong. I showed them the invoice.....and whattaya know - suddenly my messages started bouncing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
28 Posts
Anyone notice the tail mounting is slightly different ? the dymanic-s one seems like bolt on. But the Blazz like no mount ?
sookainian is offline Find More Posts by sookainian
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:57 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
Anyone notice the tail mounting is slightly different ? the dymanic-s one seems like bolt on. But the Blazz like no mount ?
Well, that's kind've why I said .............
Oh, never mind.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Price: $129.99 w/Free Ship (Tower) vs $118.34 + $43.33 Shipping* from Hobbit Kong USA Warehouse.
We have the same issue getting stuff from the US to OZ, or even from the UK to OZ. Hobbyking is the cheapest postal option for down under as far as I know.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Just got gifted enough parts to put one of these together. Motor was loose. While putting it in I realized there is a high probability of the outrnner cage rubbing the wires to the ESC.

Am I just putting it in wrong? Or did I miss this as an issue.

Any photos of your motor and wiring installs is appreciated!
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:13 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Just got gifted enough parts to put one of these together. Motor was loose. While putting it in I realized there is a high probability of the outrnner cage rubbing the wires to the ESC.

Rotate your outrunner in its mount to a position so the wires come out at around 4-5 oclock should give you plenty of clearance. They rub if you mount the wiring at 6 oclock.

Mick
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:20 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post

I really hate it when I get 'gifted' with crap. I would just assume they gave me junk.

None the less, something sounds fishy with your setup. There should be a wooden mounting tray just behind the motor. The motor gets mounted with the three wires coming out a about 5 o'clock. The wires then move along the right side of the fuse and come thru the horizontal slot/opening in the wood tray. This pins the wires between the wood tray and the interior side of the fuse.

If that won't work, then you could mount at 6 o'clock and pull the wires straight back and up thru the ciruclar opening in the tray. If you take this path, you will still need to hot glue/tape/something the wires to interior bottom of the fuse. White/clear silicon can also be used, works great to keep the plastic nose cone on.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Feb 16, 2014 at 08:09 AM.