Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:45 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
anybody see them in the us yet?
Been looking, have not found one. Hope they make it here.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:27 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,729 Posts
I know banana, nitroplanes and tower all carry some form of st planes. One of them is bound to pick them up.
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Jun 08, 2010, 11:19 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
I have got mine. The wing tips are very thin, both of mine were damaged. The decals help to stiffen them up

My decals are not very good... they are very badly die cut and need cutting free with a knife of scissors..
Definitely not up to Multiplex standard...

The wing stripes are in 4 pieces and the fus stripes seem to be a similar number...The pattern of the stripes are slightly different on each corresponding piece on each wing.
It will take you as long to put the decals on as putting the plane together

There seems to be problems with the Esc see RC.Networks.De http://translate.google.com/translat...3DN%26rls%3Den

I like the comments on the decals "TRASH".... its nice to be right
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan
Last edited by dekan; Jun 08, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2010, 04:46 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,894 Posts
I've heard the same said about the decals on the ST Models MX2 aerobat, but with a very low heat on a covering iron (fitted with a cotton sock), they can be made to stick very well. That's what I did on my son's MX2 and it looks great and so far the decals haven't started peeling or wrinkling.
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Jun 08, 2010, 04:46 PM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,611 Posts
Hello all

I got my blaze today and put it together tonight. The wings look strong but the V tail looks a little weak. I put a 3 cell 2200 in mine and she is a little nose heavy but I will try it like that. The decals are ok but make sure you cut them out with a pair of scissors. The canopy is very good one of the best things about the plane. I hope the ESC is ok as it is a large part of the model. My prop is very well balanced. If the weather is OK I will try and maiden mine tomorrow

Dennis
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Jun 08, 2010, 05:31 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
I have finished fitting the stripes to the leading edges of both wings. I have now done a trial fitting of the wing joiner parts..

The top plate and the CF rod fit ok but the bottom plastic parts do not fit very well.. but the wing bolts to the fus neatly in spite of this.
I agree about the canopy.

I am going to fit some black parcel tape stripes on the underside of the wings to help with visibility, even then I reckon those thin wings at certain angles will be difficult to see.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 01:02 PM
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,611 Posts
Hotliner she ain't

Well I did the maiden on my Blaze 5 mins ago and I think I was expecting too much. I used a fully charged 3 cell 2200 mah lipo which fitted nice and if I pushed this back in the fus it balanced perfectly. So I chucked her with full power and she climed out nicely but a bit vertical. I had to put in several clicks of down to get her to fly level On mine I recon the elevator is about 1 mm below the neutral point.

Anyway she climbs nicely but is not that fast. With the motor off and the brake on so the prop folds in a 45 degree dive she was rather slower than I was expecting. She looks very slipery and sleek but I feel it should be faster.

For the money I spent on her (116.00..... I had a battery and receiver) the plane is ok and probably worth the money but I have to say I was expecting more of a swooping wow factor than I have got............... I actually feel that I was expecting more than I should given the price.

Landings can be quite slow and she is very very easy to launch. I found I needed more aileron than the instructions state.

All in all I am sure I will fly this plane but I have come back from the field a little dissapointed (But I think that is my over expectations).

By all means get this plane but dont expect a megga fast hotliner for 116.

I also don't feel it is worth upgrading this plane as the ESC and motor I feel is a big part of the price. I also dont feel that the tail will stand up to too much more power.

Over all 6 out of 10 would be my score....... See Revision below

Regards

Dennis
Last edited by Bigplumbs; Jun 09, 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Cant spell
Old Jun 09, 2010, 01:48 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Hi Dennis, where did you put your RX on your? I'm going to try and use a Loong max Tipple 1800mA 3s for test on mine..

I have some Tipple 2300MA 3s batteries, but I would prefer to keep things as light as possible..LHS is waiting for Spek AR500 RX's to arrive, so I will have an AR6110E temporarily..

I'm surprised that you found the Blaze pretty tame... but hopefully that will mean an uneventful maiden for mine
Last edited by dekan; Jun 09, 2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:00 PM
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,611 Posts
Revised view

I just went over the field near my house and had the second flight with the Blaze. It was 20.30 hrs flat calm and almost duskish. I have to say that I rearly enjoyed this second flight. Still not a speed demon but very nice to fly. On charging my battery after the first flight I only put 940 mah back in so this time I flew (Mixture of climb and swoop with motor off) for 12 mins and have now recharged and only put 1500 mah back in so 15 min flights of climb and swoop are very possible. If you use rudder in the turns you can turn far flatter and loose less height in the glide. The one thing I would say is there is no flex in the wing which is very good................. Now I know that I expected too much I think I will like this plane a lot and hope to have many enjoyable flights............... Now off to Hobby King to buy more batts.

I looked at my elevator it is actually only about 1 mm down from neautral. I will edit my other post

Also my ESC, Bat and motor were wery cool after the flight

Go on buy one and have some fun

Converted to the joys of the blaze................... Revised score 8 out of 10
Dennis
Last edited by Bigplumbs; Jun 09, 2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:06 PM
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan View Post
Hi Dennis, where did you put your RX on your? I'm going to try and use a Loong max Tipple 1800mA 3s for test on mine..

I have some Tipple 2300MA 3s batteries, but I would prefer to keep things as light as possible..LHS is waiting for Spek AR500 RX's to arrive, so I will have an AR6110E temporarily..

I'm surprised that you found the Blaze pretty tame... but hopefully that will mean an uneventful maiden for mine
My RX which is an AR500 is in the compartment under the wing as about 10 mm from the back of this compartment. I poked the long ariel on the RX down the fus towards the rear.

I also 'fixed' the ESC near the front of the plane so I can get the battery in easily.

Your maiden should be fine on the second launch she flew straight and level for about 5 seconds hands off.

Have fun

Dennis
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:54 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
I maidened mine this morning in gusty 8-10mph winds..

No problems, but it needed all the movement on the ailerons I could get, about + - 35degrees , to get anything approaching a decent roll out of it.
Loops are ok, but a little too big for my taste

The motor is adequate, if a little soft at the top end.

Is it "a Hot Ship" nope ! Warmliner...Na Tepidliner maybe
Glides well though...Value for money... probably.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 04:34 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Out again today winds even stronger than yesterday..The Blaze handled the conditions well..It makes a nice whistling noise gliding downwind at speed. I would think that it would slope well
I can't understand why the manual give a wind speed limit of 15mph.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:07 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,894 Posts
Thanks for the info dekan, any chance of some pictures of the installation etc? I'm very close to purchasing one, maybe at the Weston show next weekend if there any available.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:50 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
The Ripmax website has some ok pics of the Blaze.... but heres some detail shots.

Rx is wedged in at the rear LH side of the wing compartment, the 1800mA 3s battery, when fitted, front edge is level with the rear of the motor compartment
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:45 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,894 Posts
Thanks for the fast response and pics. Is there room for a 2200mAh 3s battery? It looks a bit tight in there!