|Feb 15, 2010, 06:22 PM|
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Aug 2006
Progress on the Yard Bee
Got allot done on the Yard Bee since my last update. Here is what has been done.
The motor came in so I was able to make the needed modifications to the firewall. Turns out the motor needed be moved about ¾ inch out to have the prop clear the nose. I used ¼” balsa sheet to build a spacer then attached it the firewall using thick CA. I also put a small hole in the firewall to run the wires through. Also the screws being used to mount the motor will go all the way into the 1/16 ply firewall.
With the firewall done I proceeded to assemble the fuselage which went together fairly easily and only minor sanding needed to get everything straight. I then test fit the motor to insure it would clear properly.
I then built the rudder section using CA hinges and sanding a bevel in the mount to allow for free movement of the rudder. I glued the hinges on one side then sandwiched the balsa on the other side. I also rounded the edges of the rudder for looks, and better aerodynamics. Also while I had the CA out I installed the wing filets and got them lined up and mounted properly.
Lastly I did allot of sanding I got the wing ready to cover now with leading edge round. I rounded the horizontal stabilizer and got the elevator beveled and sanded as well. I also got a good start on sanding the fuselage.
Next will be doing some finial sanding and test fitting of parts, and mocking up the plane. Once everything fits and works right then I disassemble and begin covering .
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold Clancy Yard Bee.||MATTS650||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Sep 05, 2009 08:42 PM|
|Wanted ANY Clancy Aviation Kits...Yard Bee, Stagger Bee, Speedy Bee....||bighank13||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||9||Dec 14, 2007 09:20 PM|