HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:40 AM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFLYR View Post
Habit, to say the least. A real bad habit of doing that. I've caught them leaving twice, when I was in the living room. "Thanks for knocking and ringing the bell." I asked them, "Don't you need a signature?" They reply "no", as they already signed an "x". No point in telling them off about it at that point, as they don't care.
...I hear that...You'd think it would be "Good Business" on their Part if they'd git a signature...what if some Nimrod comes in behind them Pickin up packages left on peoples Porches....Don't seem like Good Business Practices..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:21 PM
Suspended Account
WTFLYR's Avatar
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
It gets even better. I was repairing a custom wooden door on a house where their dog had damaged it. Apparently the delivery guy didn't see me directly behind the door as I was stooped down, when he rang the doorbell. Anyways, he rang the doorbell and immediately started walking away. Now what's the point there? In the 2 seconds time it took me to open the door and announce myself, he was halfway back to the truck.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
Registered User
mshay's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
ok well i got one i could use some help on. fedex delivered a package about a week ago to my house. well it wasnt for me or the wife. dont know who the person is on the shipping paper so i thought the hell with it, i wanted to know what was in it. theres some video camera batteries and a power cord, i looked at the reciept that was in it and even on that it has someone elses name but my address. now wouldnt you think whoever ordered it would know their own address? i really dont know whos it would be, and im not about to go all over the base housing knocking on everyones door, and well i may sound like an ass but im not paying to ship it back to that company either. whats up with this situation? anything like that ever happened
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
If ya call FedEx...they'll come and pick it up...or..you can flag a truck down..if ya see one..and they'll take it off your Hands...I would'nt have Opened it though...But thats me...Billy..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
Registered User
mshay's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
If ya call FedEx...they'll come and pick it up...or..you can flag a truck down..if ya see one..and they'll take it off your Hands...I would'nt have Opened it though...But thats me...Billy..
yeah see i thought maybe fedex screwed up the address but the reciept was the same way. but oh well it is what it is. it will be sitting at my house til someone comes and gets it. but thats just me.
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
Suspended Account
WTFLYR's Avatar
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshay View Post
ok well i got one i could use some help on. fedex delivered a package about a week ago to my house. well it wasnt for me or the wife. dont know who the person is on the shipping paper so i thought the hell with it, i wanted to know what was in it. theres some video camera batteries and a power cord, i looked at the reciept that was in it and even on that it has someone elses name but my address. now wouldnt you think whoever ordered it would know their own address? i really dont know whos it would be, and im not about to go all over the base housing knocking on everyones door, and well i may sound like an ass but im not paying to ship it back to that company either. whats up with this situation? anything like that ever happened
That's from 2 cent businesses that still use post-its, in combination with modern computers. I had a lovely hobby business that should not attempt online business ship my package to another person nearby. Not exactly the same thing, but I'm sure it happened the same way. They mixed me with another nearby customer, based on location. They obviously didn't consider that they may actually have customers far away, that live nearby. They also obviously do not have an integrated computer system, that ties orders and final label printing together.

BTW, I asked them to reship and they wouldn't. Fortunately they canceled my order and refunded me. They said we have to try to retrieve the package, and then send it to me, if I still want the goods. I told them, I know what happened, as you sent my package to another customer nearby that is into rc flight. Now what's the chance that they are going to return the nice free goodies you just sent them?
Idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshay View Post
ok well i got one i could use some help on. fedex delivered a package about a week ago to my house. well it wasnt for me or the wife. dont know who the person is on the shipping paper so i thought the hell with it, i wanted to know what was in it. theres some video camera batteries and a power cord, i looked at the reciept that was in it and even on that it has someone elses name but my address. now wouldnt you think whoever ordered it would know their own address? i really dont know whos it would be, and im not about to go all over the base housing knocking on everyones door, and well i may sound like an ass but im not paying to ship it back to that company either. whats up with this situation? anything like that ever happened
If they're for a Kodak ES C340, then you can send it on to me. My batts are shot, and I've really wanted the power cord, so I don't need the batts when transferring pics to the computer.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Last edited by WTFLYR; Feb 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: The their, there, they're thing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:54 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,900 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
I would probably have opened it too thinking it was the package I ordered but they put the wrong name on it. In fact, I usually don't look at the label when I'm expecting a package and one shows. I just open it.

With that said, tape it back up and call Fedex. As said, they will come and get it. You could also simply check in the phone book for that name and see if there is someone near and call them. That wouldn't take much time but do make them tell you what is in the box to prove it is theirs. Then tell them where they can pick it up.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 03:32 PM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Could have been a Bomb....Yikes!......hehehe.....just Kiddin...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:50 PM
Registered User
mshay's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFLYR View Post
That's from 2 cent businesses that still use post-its, in combination with modern computers. I had a lovely hobby business that should not attempt online business ship my package to another person nearby. Not exactly the same thing, but I'm sure it happened the same way. They mixed me with another nearby customer, based on location. They obviously didn't consider that they may actually have customers far away, that live nearby. They also obviously do not have an integrated computer system, that ties orders and final label printing together.

BTW, I asked them to reship and they wouldn't. Fortunately they canceled my order and refunded me. They said we have to try to retrieve the package, and then send it to me, if I still want the goods. I told them, I know what happened, as you sent my package to another customer nearby that is into rc flight. Now what's the chance that they are going to return the nice free goodies you just sent them?
Idiots. ..

If they're for a Kodak ES C340, then you can send it on to me. My batts are shot, and I've really wanted the power cord, so I don't need the batts when transferring pics to the computer.
come on guy.. i cant just give the stuff away...unless it sits here for 60 days..so right before i deploy i will post the stuff here for free but shipping well i will charge whatever is on the original reciept..of course ship via fedex!! ha!!!!!!!!
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:43 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
flyinwalenda's Avatar
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,872 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
FEDEX plays "hide and seek" with my packages and I think it's because of different drivers. It took me a few days once to find a package. UPS uses the same driver (for my route) and he treats packages with care.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:51 PM
theres notn duct tape cant fix
TRAXXAS DEMO's Avatar
USA, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jul 2009
833 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
yeah i hate FedEx i have lost many things with them but the always gave me the cash to buy it though like they should.i hate it when they try to deliver a package that needs to be signed for and they try but nobody answers.
When nobody answers the door they tracking # says they delivered it but i don't get it till four days after that.
TRAXXAS DEMO is offline Find More Posts by TRAXXAS DEMO
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion They didn't retrieve the plane???? TimOBrien Electric Plane Talk 1 Feb 27, 2008 06:55 PM
Rant Has anyone had a FedEx package delivered at 11 p.m.? Spackles94 Life, The Universe, and Politics 16 Sep 20, 2007 12:11 AM
Joke They didn't study willhaney Humor 15 Apr 03, 2007 06:00 PM
Alert No, they didn't!!! Kado BladeRunner Heli 6 Jan 20, 2005 11:37 PM
I didn't even know they had rednecks in Sweden! boomerace Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Dec 16, 2003 12:13 PM