SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:01 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Trader Rating: 84
Good point and we won't let the time pass. The good news is that this is less than $80 so at least the standard $100 insurance is good. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cheers
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,136 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I rarely get a Fedex delivery but my last was an eye opener on how difficult their customer service can be. I ordered a plane and I get this tiny but really heavy box left at my door. I look at the shipping label and it's not my address. I called Fedex and they insisted it's impossible for their driver to leave a wrong box. They refused to pickup the box! They just kept insisting I was wrong. Well eventually that day the driver figured out his mistake and he had to backtrack to every house to see where he went wrong. Fedex never called him to question my delivery. I was very surprised. I noticed that Fedex uses third party drivers for residential deliveries which is what this was.
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:07 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Well well well, guess what. Got home last night and Fedex had left a box. Yep, the package was not delivered to the wrong address, just not deliverd. Interesting
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:24 AM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,136 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
Well well well, guess what. Got home last night and Fedex had left a box. Yep, the package was not delivered to the wrong address, just not deliverd. Interesting
Is it possible someone else got your delivery and just left it at your door?
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:19 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Never thought about that but I suspect it was Fedex given it was delivered 10 days late. There was no writing on the box to indicate that it had been delivered wrong. Also, my little girl was sitting at the computer in the den which is located about 20 feet from the front door. If anyone had knocked or rang the door bell she would have heard it.

Also, it turned out that the items while being food are the type that keep for awhile (boxed type stuff). The wife decided to keep it and give it to us so I had a good night last night eating some great stuff
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:34 AM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,103 Posts
Trader Rating: 389
Good to hear you got it.

If FedEx does not delivery within the time frame paid for, one can file for a refund. Some inclusions and exclusions, of corse. Don't know how this works if you paid a vendor to ship. If worth it, you could always look into into with both your vendor and FedEx.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:35 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Good idea. I'll check into it. With that said I suspect that the home delivery doesn't have a time limit. I'll do some rearch though. Thanks for that one, I'll let you know how it turns out. I may owe you a Coke!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,103 Posts
Trader Rating: 389
FWI: FedEx Ground Home delivery; Three to Five days.

One recent exclusion is in our area as a
'National Weather distribution warning". AKA, ack of God.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:30 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Well we did get 6" of snow 3 days after they said it was delivered which was 4 days after it was picked up. Still it took an additional 6 days to get there. I'll make a call and see what they say but wouldn't it be the store that gets the money back?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:41 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Glad ya got your Box JohnByrne...Man its a Bummer to have to deal with Problems....Looks like ya were'nt Bent out of shape too Long.....My last deal with them was bout 6 weeks......Have a Great Weekend..Billy...
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Feb 19, 2010, 05:10 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Thanks Billy

Called Fedex. Turns out the shipping is guaranteed and I should get some $ back. Of course the vendor gets it first "if" they file the dispute and then they may pay me if things go ok. The store owner was out and I left a message for her to file the dispute and call me. I bet she doesn't do it. I'm not too worried about it and won't make an issue of it (i.e., file a cc dispute over the shipping) given we got the package and we are happy. This will of course determine if we will ever give this store any business in the future ... not that we give them alot but we do from time to time so that is really an empty threat .. sigh.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:13 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2001
226 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
I can't add anything different, except that I was on a first name basis with the local FedEx supervisor. One time he recovered (found) and delivered a package on his own time on a Saturday.

I'm another one who will insist that vendors use another shipper if possible.
wjjones is offline Find More Posts by wjjones
Old Feb 20, 2010, 07:36 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
Thanks Billy

Called Fedex. Turns out the shipping is guaranteed and I should get some $ back. Of course the vendor gets it first "if" they file the dispute and then they may pay me if things go ok. The store owner was out and I left a message for her to file the dispute and call me. I bet she doesn't do it. I'm not too worried about it and won't make an issue of it (i.e., file a cc dispute over the shipping) given we got the package and we are happy. This will of course determine if we will ever give this store any business in the future ... not that we give them alot but we do from time to time so that is really an empty threat .. sigh.
I hear ya...I said the samething ...After a second Denied Claim, I did mention to them in a note...After they turned me down that their CEOs might be disgusted in an issue that would cost them thousands over my lifetime in lost Revenue....In just a couple days I did receive my money..and over time...i've gotten over the Deal....I've forgiven...and would use them again....Everyone of us say things we regret
later on.....I know i'm gonna regret eattin this much Popcorn.......Billy...
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintr View Post
at one point i used fedex to ship computer components to people all over the country most of the time everything went fine, but they had a bad habit of dropping things at the door and calling it done.
when there was a question they always covered it, but it could still be a pita. ask them to show where you signed for it, that should stop all of the bs.
if i did not need it i would not reorder, it should have no bearing on the outcome,
also the credit card company should take care of you first in all deputes.
good luck
Habit, to say the least. A real bad habit of doing that. I've caught them leaving twice, when I was in the living room. "Thanks for knocking and ringing the bell." I asked them, "Don't you need a signature?" They reply "no", as they already signed an "x". No point in telling them off about it at that point, as they don't care.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:30 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
I saw their home delivery truck yesterday. It is not a big truck but a standard sized. No wonder we didn't hear him come and go.