HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:49 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Trader Rating: 84
Time to add a little spice to the situation.

The wife looked up the tracking originally. I just did it again and saw that the Fedex package was done via Fedex Home Delivery. With some research I found the following:

Home delivery uses contracted drivers (not Fedex employees)
Home delivery contractors own their own eqt
Home delivery contractors get paid by the box
Default shipping method is no signature required
The vendor did not understand this and shipped with no signature required

With a little research I've discoverd that the home delivery is a nightmare. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with Fedex. Should I just go ahead and file a CC dispute? This is sounding bad.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:24 PM
United States, FL, Brooker
Joined Apr 2008
554 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I had the same problem. They used to deliver to the backdoor of my house, while UPS delivered to the front. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I ordered a plane and watched the delivery schedule. The computer said it was delivered at 4 PM. I checked around the house and there wasn't anything. At 7 PM I get a call that I have a package sitting on a neighbor's porch two blocks away. There it was with the FEDEX tag and everything.

If we paid them the way they delivered they'd be screaming! Especially when they tell YOU to hunt for it.

Rant over.
Russell_C is offline Find More Posts by Russell_C
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Mar 2006
21 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Do not wait, dispute the charge with your Credit Card provider. You paid for something and it was not delivered. The problem is between your vendor and FedEx. The vendor paid them to deliver and they did not. Not your problem except it was your goods that they did not deliver. The only leverage you have is with your CC provide. . You can sit around and wait for FedEx or the vendor till the cows come home and you have nothing. I've been there and done that. Dispute the charge. NOW!!!!
LSF2298 is offline Find More Posts by LSF2298
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:15 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
i REFUSE to use fedex unless its the only way a vendor will ship.. I had an incident last year where 3 days in a row the fedex driver noted on the tracking "delivery attempt failed : customer not home".... little did he know he was delivering to MY business and i was there ALL DAY all three days waiting patiently for my package ...

i called fedex global's 800 number they gave me the run around i got 3 different managers on the phone one finally gave me the phone number to the local center i called them and explained the situation the lady on the phone was rude at first until i made it very clear that MY business was open all day each of the three days.. im the ONLY one on that lane... and i have sales receipts to prove i was open....

needless to say on the phone with her "this was the 4th day" she called the driver after i saw the attempt failed on my tracking again and my package was there 5 minutes later and i never saw that driver again..... although he had delivered to my shop many times before
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:19 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,104 Posts
Trader Rating: 389
Well, I Refuse to Not use FedEx, unless insisted upon.

No major problems.

Only one, and claim, process and check along with the damaged plane was back to the buyer in about One month.

Now, just go beat that with a rubber vegie dog.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
John, I had a problem like yours. Had a package that was coming through FedEx. I am a stay at home father, so I am ALWAYS around when FedEX says they will be there. Anyways I was expected a packaged. I tracked it for a week. 6PM rolls around. FedEx site said out for delivery all day. 30 min later it said delivered.

I called Fedex and talked to the lady at the other end of their 1800 number. I told her that I am at home all day and no one showed up. We talked for a bit and she told me she would call the local branch that was in charge delivery. She tried to call them, but they were closed for the day. She told me she left a message and to expect the branch manager to call me first thing the next day.

the next day rolled around and I got a call around 10am. He told me that driver couldn't make it to my house before his shift was over and that he would try to get there today. I informed him that while I was upset that I was expecting a package on a certain day I was more upset that he lied to me and posted that my package was delivered when it was. I also informed him that I would be calling corporate again to express my disapproval of his answer. He then began to tell me how that was not appropriate.

Long story short. Whenever you complain to FedEx corporate about a certain FedEx employee (get a name and their position) they loose a bit of their year end bonus (or so the corporate office told me). BTW, they agreed that the manager handled it wrong.

I also had another problem with a driver throwing a package at my door. I think I ranted about that somewhere on RCG as well.

Good luck getting your package.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:54 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Well nothing yet. I'm going to give it till tomorrow and if neither the vendor or Fedex has contacted us we are going to file it with the CC. We called them last night and discussed the process so we are ready.

Anyone want updates of how it goes?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 04:16 PM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2009
903 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Yeah keep us updated. I've been watching this thread I wanna see how it turns out for you (good I hope of course!)
rdbell is online now Find More Posts by rdbell
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:41 PM
Joined May 2002
4,104 Posts
UPS side note

On a side note, I paid $20.00 for a document to be sent to me over 2K miles with signiture release. Less than 24 hours on one standard clock and I have it in my hands, and it is dry as a bone in the desert.

I asked for it and was willing to pay for it. So, I got what I asked for.

Sad really, that some think they deserve premium service without paying for it. I too am the same, as if you can spot it, ya got it.

Back to this thread; If you do Not ask and are willing to pay for your personal needs, then you get what you get, usually rock bottom shipping.

"Oh, sad o' Mary sang her song of sad o' Dan who.................... ~"

Jared
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
He paid for an item to be shipped..

what he got was NOTHING.

so in essence he did not get what he paid for.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:37 PM
Joined May 2002
4,104 Posts
Good piont Liquidity, at least.

Now, paid for what kind of shipping? Standard/In house/base/premium/insured/reqested carrier/full insurance and/or signiture release?

I am not w/o sorrow, in the least. And wish all and only the best for this.

Point is: As stated. When you get free or discount shipping then it is. If a company does not offer the shipping you need/desire like full insurance w/ XXX carrier, active tracking and direct sig release and are willing to pay for it without trying to get something for nothing, well, the Wolves abound.

A customer must take charge of their order just as any other thing in their life. Well, unless married, and that is another topic for another thread on another forum.

Bottom line on this one; You paid for it, at least CC charge. You should have received it and didn't. You are proceeding to resolve it. We are all human, and like myself, far more than normal.

Always, Always and Always again keep track/print out and log all activities.

You will have resolve within a few weeks!.

Jared
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jcstalls; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: typo/spelling errors only
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:15 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
Well I understand your points and I appreciate them. I'm also happy that the $20 - 2000 mile shipment worked out for you. In this case the store is about 60 miles away and they shipped Fedex. I don't know but that seemed pretty premium to me. Still I do see your point. I guess I should have paid EXTRA so I can prove that they didn't lie about doing what I paid them to do in the first place.

Just poking a little fun to make a point. You do make some good points but what I'm curious about is what to expect with my venture to get this resolved now that it has happened. By the way, we didn't pay for free or discounted shipping. We paid for FEDEX which is actually pretty expensive. Turns out we would have been much better if we did actually pay for the discounted shipping and had it shipped standard snail mail. I bet it would have been here the next day without issue. My point is that more expensive (translated premium) isn't always better
Last edited by johnbyrne; Feb 17, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:58 PM
United States, IL, Hinckley
Joined Mar 2003
74 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
If you haven't already notified your CC company and filed a dispute don't wait any longer.........nothing gets someone's attention more than being told that a payment is being returned to the buyer.

Trust me, I've had to do it more than once to vendors, shipping companies and individuals.

Don't hesitate just do it!
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,183 Posts
The plan is to do just that tomorrow if not resolved. Fedex said to give them till then to determine if they can locate the package. We have 60 days to dispute it so one more day isn't going to hurt to be fair. Darn it, why do I always have to be so nice lol.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:26 PM
Joined May 2002
4,104 Posts
Poking is cool, as I am a fan of Gumby's buddie.

Another point and a great use of a cheap calender is to keep track of all of these "Day".

As we know, some request all this time, then we find out our right under our CC/PP and other have expired. Stalling, yes I know, is a nice trick.

Oh, did not and don't mean you when always stated. I mean one. English is still most challenging after over 50 years.

Jared
RCG Plus Member