HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:23 PM
California
Joined Jul 2009
3 Posts
Discussion
M.E.N. Trainer

Has anyone seen plans for a M.E.N Trainer, circa mid 70's Undercamber wing 3 channel tail dragger, I think I had a 25 engine on the one I had, I would be interested in plans or an old kit if someone had one available, I flew mine in North Tonowanda NY back in 77.
gojino is offline Find More Posts by gojino
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,520 Posts
Sweet plane.. my first... no longer have it or plans though . Had an enya .19 in mine and it was plenty of power.

From RC Universe.. Long ago but may still have plans ,etc..

shellydog -> RE: M.E.N. Trainer plans or kit (12/31/2004 12:42 PM)

Hello! I have a kit that I do not want to part with. However I will have the plans copied for you at a slight fee. My printer is just out side of town. I will make templates of those special under cambered wing ribs too. It should be an easy kit to scratch. Just remember the fuse sides are lite plywood. You should have a saw to cut them. I live near the original designer & kitter Jerry Jarvis <M.E.N.> Model Engineering Of Norwalk CT. He still runs a hobby shop but has no intentions of re-kitting his designs. Too bad! This plane is Awesome in calm to moderate wind conditions. I learned to fly R/C with this plane. Just let me know I will be glad to help! Shellydog
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:24 PM
Spring, Texas
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
M.E.N. 20 Trainer

So, did anybody come up with the plans for the M.E.N. 20 Trainer? I have one still flyable but it has been around a long time and a fresh model would sure be nice. I still have my instruction manual for the kit, which includes a list of materials, but I think the plans are a goner. If anybody has plans or knows a source to purhcase plans, please email me. exsailor@sbcglobal.net
Exsailor62 is offline Find More Posts by Exsailor62
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:11 PM
USA, MA, Weymouth
Joined Mar 2004
1,119 Posts
Looks like the AMA might be able to help...

Dear Gojino, Thermalin & Exsailor62:

The PIPE Here...please head to

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1404206

for what could be the BEST solution for your shared challenge, in getting a set of plans to build an M.E.N. Trainer from!

Hope it helps...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE....!!
The PIPE is offline Find More Posts by The PIPE