Old Feb 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
Discussion
New parkzone night flying vapor!!!!!

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=de&tl=en

Description
Die Vapor night wird in einem anderen Farbdesign als die normale Vapor geliefert, und hat zusätzliche super helle, kleine und leichte LEDs. The vapor is delivered in a different color theme night than the normal vapor, and has extra super bright, small and light LEDs. Somit steht nun dem Nachtflug auch nichts mehr im Wege. Thus, now is the night flight and no more obstacles.

Lassen Sie die Nacht zum Tag werden. Let the night into day.

Die Leichtigkeit des Fliegens. The ease of flying. Mit diesen Mikromodellen machen Sie das Büro unsicher oder das Wohnzimmer zum Modellflugplatz. These micro-models, you make sure the office or the living room into a model airfield. Und so klein sie auch sind, sie fliegen ganz fantastisch. And so small they are, they fly quite fantastic. Als Stromquelle dient ein Einzelliger LiPo Akku mit 3,7 V Spannung und 70 mAh Kapazität, was zu Flugzeiten von bis zu 15 Minuten führt. As a power source is a single-celled LiPo battery with 3.7V Voltage and 70 mAh capacity, which leads to flight times of up to 15 minutes.

Die Vapor night ist trotz ihren ultraleichten 14 Gramm mit Spektrum DSM2 Technologie ausgerüstet und wird in zwei Varianten geliefert. The Vapor is equipped night, despite their ultra-light 14 grams with a range DSM2 technology, and comes in two variants. Zum einen als RTF Set Inklusive Fernsteuerung mit DSM2 Technologie, und die zweite Variante ist die BNF (bind and fly) Version, welche nur das Modell, Flugakku und Ladestation beinhaltet, und mit jeder Fernsteuerung mit Spektrum DSM2 Technologie gebunden und geflogen werden kann! Firstly, as RTF Set Includes remote control with DSM2 technology, and the second variant is the BNF (bind and fly) version which contains only the model, flight battery and charger, and each remote control with a range DSM2 technology can be bound and flown!

Technische Daten: Specifications:

Spannweite: 375 mm Wingspan: 375 mm
Länge: 387 mm Length: 387 mm
Gewicht: ca. Weight: approx 14 g 14 g
Antriebsakku: 3,7 V 1S LiPo 70 mah Power battery: 3.7 V 1S LiPo 70 mah
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2010, 03:21 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2002
224 Posts
Very interesting - thanks for posting.

I still don't understand why when Eflite has 3.7V cells of up to 120 mAh (at least that was what shipped with my MSR, they may be higher capacity now), why they still ship 70 mAh batteries with the Vapor and Ember.

Pete
Buckeye95 is offline Find More Posts by Buckeye95
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
the 70mah cell is more than adequate for the vapor along with being extremely lite. it helps the vapor fly 'vapor like'.

That being said i usually fly with a mix a batteries from 70 to 150maH- each battery adds a different dimension to the vapor flight envelope. From light and floaty - to crazy aerobatic- to smooth sport flier.
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:46 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
i fly the vapor on 50mah 20C its a lot more fun than the 70mah 10C or my bigger batteries
that's why
but this vapor is just the same as the old vapor with leds on it i don't see the point for a release :/ except making the price high again (the standard vapor is sold rather low since last year)
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:53 AM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2002
224 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, is the weight difference between the 70 mA and 120 mA that much different that it drastically improves flight performance? I do not own a Vapor, but do have an Ember and started using the 120 mA batteries that came with my MSR for longer flights. I have not flown it enough (or am not a good enough pilot) to notice a difference other then the longer flight times.

Pete
Buckeye95 is offline Find More Posts by Buckeye95
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:12 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
as i wrote i own a vapor.. from 50mah to 70 theres a slight diff.. from 50 to 100/120 there's a big diff!
the plane being 16gr, a battery being 1g or 4-5gr makes a big deal.

my 50mah actually flies very long (probably cause being lighter it doesnt need a lot of power)
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:34 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
before i started to fly a little wrecklessly ( i managed to snap the front wing mount where it attaches to the fuselage) and the plane was still at the stock weight, i could fly around at level flight on the lowest power setting using the pkz 70 and 110 batteries. slightly more power is required when using 138 and more so when using the 150. I have found that there is a good bit more power on tap when using the 138 batteries, and that this suits my flying style better as i prefer to fly at higher power settings looping, spinning, and twisting the vapor allover the place.

the 150 and a Citabria prop turn the plane into a fun EDF type of plane, ie much more pitch speed the resulting high end speed (as opposed to the low end pull of the stock propeller)

Different Battery/Prop combination's will give you different flying performance.

BUT all of this is not really on track, as this thread is really about the new night flight vapor.
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Feb 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
chompers, the night flight vapor looks just like a regular vapor with led so i think what you say is correct.
my 50mah batteries are 20C and also provide a lot more power than the 110s (vertical climb and instant looping are "np".. can turn around if i meet a wall instantly). your 150 batteries are 15C, and all the rest are 10C in what we listed i think.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 04:33 PM
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Nov 2003
517 Posts
Is it only one LED at the center of the leading egde, or are their nav lights on the wing tips too?

Rockwell
Rockwell is offline Find More Posts by Rockwell
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:15 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
As a Vaporaholic, I also confirm that the small weight difference between the 70mah battery and other slightly heavier battery make a LOT of difference. It's almost like flying two different planes. Both of them are fun, but I kind of like the zippiness of the 70mah battery!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:30 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
hehe im glad not to be the only vaporaholic. ive several "better" planes "but the vapor is just too much fun" (as they would say on horizon videos)
ive seen only one LED on the pictures as well, but i dont know.. also it says "NICHT" vapor
instead of "NIGHT" vapor .. w.. i am crazy?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
south germany
Joined May 2009
97 Posts
Why not "Licht Vapor"?
rainerm is offline Find More Posts by rainerm
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:57 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Saw something that look like a second light...

But cannot find the picture anymore, very sorry. It was in front wing triangle, so way at the top, pointing out or maybe up... Could aslo have been glare on the picture, but I could not see why glare would show up in that spot. Sadly, forgot to look for wiring on the wing post, which would have been a definite clue.

So if you see any pictures of the new Vapor, check that spot for me, but also, check for wiring (though who knows, it could come from the back wing post too)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2009
15 Posts
Image 13 in the photo gallery shows it lit up - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ZU1180#quickMM
metalfan49 is offline Find More Posts by metalfan49
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Looks like a plugin light module with ar6400 pins. Sukhoi better be ready.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti