HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:26 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
Yep, that's a 15lb Falcon flying on a 4" fan. I plan to take the nacelle off it again tomorrow and put it in my test stand to get some measurements, I will not get any flying done anyways now that I'm missing a canopy. If I can't get hold of one I guess I will have to make one out of blue foam or something.

FWIW, batteries where right at storage voltage after the flight, so I had plenty of juice left. Looks like a 5 minute flight should be easy enough.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:19 PM
Were's the plane?
Warren,Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Yep, that's a 15lb Falcon flying on a 4" fan. I plan to take the nacelle off it again tomorrow and put it in my test stand to get some measurements, I will not get any flying done anyways now that I'm missing a canopy. If I can't get hold of one I guess I will have to make one out of blue foam or something.

FWIW, batteries where right at storage voltage after the flight, so I had plenty of juice left. Looks like a 5 minute flight should be easy enough.
Here you go.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/caforfa120re.htm
flyboy1945 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy1945
Old Apr 03, 2011, 07:08 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
Thanks, one ordered now. I will have to find a better way to install the next one, it really should some kind of internal framing to keep the sides from flexing out, I think that's what happened to mine, and then the attachment at the front slipped out and it was gone.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:27 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
Great job on that 4" fan!! That flew great!!!

Quote:

BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:36 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
heres the final pics of the Stumax Fan in one of my Nacelle.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Apr 04, 2011, 05:58 AM
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
521 Posts
falcon 120

Arngeir,
Well done on the maiden flight,can i ask how many watts your fan was producing? as i have plans to try a budget fan and motor on mine as i have another airframe for my xps fan,
cheers Euan.
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Old Apr 04, 2011, 06:10 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
I can't tell you the exact numbers as I have not measured the amps with this Turnigy motor, but my guess is it's around 80A on 12S, so it's about 3.5kW. I'll take the nacelle off again to get it painted up while I wait for the new canopy to arrive so I'll put it on my testbench to get thrust numbers as well as amps and watts.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 09:30 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,492 Posts
Quote:
I can't tell you the exact numbers as I have not measured the amps with this Turnigy motor, but my guess is it's around 80A on 12S, so it's about 3.5kW. I'll take the nacelle off again to get it painted up while I wait for the new canopy to arrive so I'll put it on my testbench to get thrust numbers as well as amps and watts.
Hey Arngier. You should post your vid in the Haoye Turbax Turnigy thread. The flight looked great. Plenty of power. The Falcon gets into the air quickly at only 15 lbs and doesn't need brakes.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:56 PM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,033 Posts
Still looking for a Falcon 120 with retracts that's ready to fly....
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:14 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
Shoot air sally a price..if its good enough he might just do it..
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:09 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:39 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,492 Posts
My Falcon flying wing mod For Sale

I've started a thread in the e-jets for sale section to sell my Falcon flying wing or to put together a new one for sale, or both. Links and pics later today.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:35 PM
United States, UT, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2009
550 Posts
Finally got my fan mounted into Rodgers nacelle, its not as good as the ones he does , but Im still happy with it. Cant wait to fly her this is my first 120mm jet.
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:31 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
Hey flip that looks great ,nice work .give your self some credit well done !