HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:17 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
i agree BRI the shubies use a much bigger tail pipe ,closer to 4 " i had to cut the end of the Nacelle off to get the size needed .i put a ply wood ring at the aft of the nacelle and that helps keep the shap back there.Rodrigo very nice looking Falcon ,what mods if any did you do to the airframe?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:23 PM
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jan 2005
2,288 Posts
"the shubies use a much bigger tail pipe"

shubies? Are we talking Dynamax?
Air Head is offline Find More Posts by Air Head
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:42 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2002
921 Posts
New retracts for the Falcon120

Hi guys........Just wanted to post a pic of the new electric retracts I just finished the prototype of the mains. Nose gear to follow shortly. They will work on 2 to 3 cell LioPo's and have a gear door servo sequencer that's programable built in. This version has brakes installed for the turbine version of the Falcon. As soon as I get them installed I'll make a video showing there operation. As for cost the starting price is $125 per retract, or $200 with brakes, wheels, and tires. One of the nice features about the retracts, if they are up, you don't need to turn on the receiver or transmitter. Just turn on the power to the retracts, and they come down. I will be providing a switch that provides power to the retracts and the receiver, and a BEC as an option.

Larry E.
Southeast Model Products Inc.
Orlando, Fl. 32825
407-381-8060
LJE4357 is offline Find More Posts by LJE4357
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
So i will try to use low timing, in the next time I will buy a schubler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
i agree BRI the shubies use a much bigger tail pipe ,closer to 4 " i had to cut the end of the Nacelle off to get the size needed .i put a ply wood ring at the aft of the nacelle and that helps keep the shap back there.Rodrigo very nice looking Falcon ,what mods if any did you do to the airframe?
Thanks Air sally, in Brazil we have a forum for electric airplanes and i did buildreport there.

http://www.e-voo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124906

look the pictures and you can see the modifications, if you have any question I can answer to you

PS: i'm using 4" tailpipe and the weight of airplane is 26 lb.
Rodrigo2019 is offline Find More Posts by Rodrigo2019
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
did you make the nacelle ?
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
did you make the nacelle ?
Yep, I did 3 nacelles but only one was good
Rodrigo2019 is offline Find More Posts by Rodrigo2019
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:05 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Head View Post
I was planning on using mine on 16 cells. XPS has it listed at 205 amps and my controller is 200. Not sure I can trust this without testing. I dont have a clamp on meter for DC so I guess I need to spend more money.
Go ahead and test it yourself, if your batteries are large enough and of good quality it will pull a lot of amps on high cellcounts, trust me on this. Take a look at the info on the XPS site and see how much the difference is in the ampdraw between different battery setups on 15S, they have numbers for 3 different setups listed.

A decent clamp on meter is like 25-30$ and is something any serious electric flyer should have in his toolbox anyways so get one, you will not regret it.
Arngeir Blakseth is online now Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:16 PM
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jan 2005
2,288 Posts
Amp Meters

Well I am an electrical contractor and my regret is that my clamp ons are only for AC. Lots more than the 20 or 30 bucks for them.

I have a 3000 X 3 battery - 9000 mAh so it should handle the current, but I was hoping the specifications were fairly accurate. My speed controller is only good for 200 amps so ill invest in the meter.

When I bought the fan I was thinking I was going to get the 24S 250 Amp but have the 16/200 so I am right at the limits and now think I may need to drop down the load again.

I bought this as the 20KW advertised setup and XPS seems to have lost interest in this and I cant get my plans close at this point.

I am hoping Fightercat gets back in the game - but they have also backed away.

I have had this project on the back burner for awhile but guess I need to set up a test stand to see what I actually have here.

???????
Air Head is offline Find More Posts by Air Head
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:36 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
Stumax 120mm in a Air Sally Nacelle

here the latest out of the shop Stus 120mm fan really light for it's size and power .hope my customer will like it ...it took me long enough
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
Very nice Roger!!! On the tail cone Stu just uses some silver tape to hold it on. It works on all the 90mm i have done
Quote:
here the latest out of the shop Stus 120mm fan really light for it's size and power .hope my customer will like it ...it took me long enough
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,773 Posts
Looks great Rodger! I plan to run it against the Schubi in the Velox and compare the results.

Billy, Stu mentioned you shamed the BVM crowd with your Stumax powered jet, is there a story there?
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
LOL...... E-Jets was Great for US
Yes the NEW StuMax 110mm fan went 206mph on 12s
Here are a first with a Stu 90mm and a second with the 110mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Looks great Rodger! I plan to run it against the Schubi in the Velox and compare the results.

Billy, Stu mentioned you shamed the BVM crowd with your Stumax powered jet, is there a story there?
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
in the past Stu's fans were'nt really noted for there speed .....guess he's been working on that .thats awsome Billy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:58 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
Yeah, high blade count fans where not supposed to be all that good for high speed, right?
Arngeir Blakseth is online now Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC View Post
LOL...... E-Jets was Great for US
Yes the NEW StuMax 110mm fan went 206mph on 12s
Here are a first with a Stu 90mm and a second with the 110mm
Incredible!! What motor did you use? I'm getting 164mph on my Carf Spark with the 110 on 10S using a Neu 1912-1Y (175mph on 11S) and I would love to upgrade to a 200mph bird.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY