HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2012, 08:48 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
... maybe this plane is so cheap cause it was ment to have a prop on it...
It's been mentioned if vendor puts the word jet on anything they can triple the price...CMP prop models are nice also
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,281 Posts
Need Falcon 120 Fuse

Guys:
I need to see if anyone can help me. Yesterday I was flying my Falcon 120 (Dynamax/Scorpion/CC 160) at a fly-in when I had a mid air with a small electric prop plane. My plane flew thru the prop plane but in doing so, my plane spun and ejected the batteries thru the canopy. I got the plane down but it landed in a tree. The wings, booms and tail were damaged but repairable but the fuse is pretty much written off. All of the bulkheads from the wing LE to the nose are gone. I would like to see if anyone has a serviceable fuse (even one that needs glass work or paint but which has all of the ply formers intact) they would like to sell. If so, please e-mail me at:

edwarda10pilot@aol.com

Thanks very much,
Ed
A10pilot is online now Find More Posts by A10pilot
Old May 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Sooty to hear that Ed. Midairs suck! I don't have one but I'll ask around.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old May 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,281 Posts
bri:

Yeah, it has been decades since I had a midair. Usually, when I fly (at our field or a fly-in) I watch the other pilots and decide who I am comfortable flying with (i.e. I like pilots that fly in a predictable style and not "flit" all over). Since I was the only large EDF at the fly in I got in a hurry to demo the plane and did not pay attention to the guy already flying and it cost me. Incidentally, as is usually the case, we were the only two planes in the air. I think the other mistake I made is my spotter was not familiar with the speed of the "jets" ( I had just gone to full throttle at the bottom of a big split "S"). On a related note, as I mentioned, when the planes collided my batteries came out of the plane. The batteries landed near the end of the runway (almost at the point of impact) and the plane was about 300 ft away from the batteries!!!

Thanks for asking around for a fuse for me.
Ed
Old May 27, 2012, 06:24 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
Ed sent you a pm
Clay
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old May 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
Australia
Joined Jan 2010
66 Posts
Bad news on the midair Ed! Here is a snap of mine before and after my midair with a 100cc aerobatic 3 months ago. Maidened my version 2 yesterday, good to be back on the horse.
SLING is offline Find More Posts by SLING
Old May 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
man that sucks gus sorry for yuor loss .if racer does'nt have a fuse i have a orange and black one that needs some work ...i'll take a look at it tomarrow and see if it is fixable.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 28, 2012, 02:53 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Uses common smoke components (pump, tank, tubes etc) and heating element is pretty simple what is not simple is what's happening with oil while preparing for flight that's the thing that's different and it looks like I'll have a small fight with NASA to get any copyright or patent.

I know there are some others out but hopefully I can compete on price and size
So I'm guessing this is going to be for sell, no chance on more info then? Any idea when they will be for sell?
dpowellmeii is online now Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old May 28, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,281 Posts
Sling:

Sorry about your loss but glad you are back in the air.

Sally:

If you have one that needs work but is salvagable, I am interested

Clay:

Got your PM, reply sent. Thanks very much

Thanks to all for looking,
Ed
Old May 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowellmeii View Post
So I'm guessing this is going to be for sell...
Yeap, don't think the avg person would want to make them...can be a PITA

Quote:
...no chance on more info then?...
Trying to keep weight under 1lbs and priced in the upper 1s lower 2s for large multi steps, prolly less than half for 90s and half that for 70s

Quote:
...Any idea when they will be for sell?
Hopefully end of year
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old May 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,254 Posts
Finally got the rings and mounting plate done for my twin Falcon 120. Now maybe I'll go ahead and get the rest of the build done.

Have some more to do on it to clean it up, but you get the idea. With this arrangement the plate the fans are attached to can be tilted if I need to change the thrust line of the fans.

Built the rings similar to what Knife Liddle did using 3 layers of 1/32 plywood and a layer of 8 oz FG cloth on top. They are really strong.
It will have twin 90mm EJet Jetfans. Should sound awesome and move pretty good.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old May 29, 2012, 09:14 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
what inlet ring are you using ?
Old May 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
what inlet ring are you using ?
Pretty sure these are HET 9305 ring. They are a brown hair to large where they fit on the housing and a blonde hair to small ID. But easily fixed. I put like 1-1/2 larders of packingf tape around the housing and then CA the lip to the tape (that way it could be removed if you want in the future), and sand the id once in place so there is a perfect transition.
http://www.highendrc.com/index_eprod...roducts_id=203

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old May 31, 2012, 06:50 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,422 Posts
Allright Rodger, your up! The Schubi will be in the mail to you tomorrow. Your handywork will be all over it the next time you see a picture of my Velox.

But I got to tell you, I've flown the new Stumax 110 in my Spark twice now. The performance is amazing and after my maiden a number of guys asked if I was running a turbine. If Stu's soon to be released 120 is on par with the 110 it's going to be intense on the Falcon. Since the 110 can put out 17lbs of thrust at <6000w (19.5lbs with a HET 700-98-840 on 12 cells) I'm thinking about changing out the one on my Falcon
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MCSGUY; May 31, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:38 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
thats a beauty ...cant wait to see my Nacelle on that one