HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike_Then, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:10 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,564 Posts
Discussion
T-Rex 500 assembly is going well!

I'm really enjoying the build/assembly process of my T-Rex 500. Just like when I used to race R/C cars, I find something very relaxing about assembling a box of parts. Not stressful like trying to glue an airplane together. Maybe it's because the parts line up and you can't screw up. Who knows? Anyway, it's been fun so far and I've made a HUGE amount of progress in just a few days. The head is finished and so is the frame and tail.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:42 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,564 Posts
Made lots of progress today. Set up the radio, swash mix, etc. Also leveled the swash plate, balanced the main blades, and set the pitch of the main blades. Got them as close as possible; that Century Flybar Lock tool really helped. I'm sure the tracking will be off so I will wait to see what it looks like in a hover. Balancing those blades were a pain, but I finally got it. I have good luck with electrical tape. Pic is below, it was from my cell phone so it's not the best quality in the world.

Tomorrow I will secure the tail servo and get that set up, as well as mount the gyro. I should start installing/programming the Co-Pilot II. Wonder if I can fly it this weekend, if I keep up my current pace?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:59 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,564 Posts
I haven't had much of a chance to work on the heli since Monday night. Got a good playing after-hours computer job (the guy's server crashed) and I've spent the past two nights trying to recover the server. The data is intact, but I'm not having much luck getting the server itself restored. Hey, I gotta make money to pay for the server somehow, right?

The weekend weather is supposed to be beautiful, better than it has been in a long time. I need to get this thing finished and ready to fly!
RCG Plus Member