HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:43 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Cool
Like chocolate and peanut butter?

Two things that really go well together, or don't. You decide.

You have to watch until about 1:30 or so for it to change, and then, well it made me crack up. I'm still laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeA3...layer_embedded
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:00 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
I must admit, as strange as it is, they are real smooth at the transitions.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:12 AM
United States, PA, Union
Joined Sep 2007
202 Posts
That combo blends nicely, but some of the other ones they did are pretty choppy.

Clever, but I'll stick to the originals; both are great songs IMHO.

I do love peanut butter cups though.
curly56 is offline Find More Posts by curly56
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Last edited by Arbo; Feb 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Last edited by Arbo; Feb 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:39 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Feb 13, 2010, 01:00 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Here's the official site. Their album is at the store link.

The last song, "Dreaming of a Whole Lotta of Breakfast" is my second favorite. The others are just so-so. That being said, many of the songs mad me laugh. I love people mashing up pop hits and messing with them.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:48 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
I was laying in bed with my girlfriend about 1983, and listening to WREK, Ga. Tech FM station, about 2am on the weekend. The song line up was great, in fact my girlfriend made a remark about it, I agreed and said, yeah, and no commercials, then, and this had been about ten songs in a row, the intro for Tom Petty's "Refugee" started up, sounded good, then it was the chipmunks version. We about died laughing. It was all in the timing, we should have called the DJ to complement him.

I sort of liked the above, but found myself anticipating the guitar rifts from Don't Stop and they wouldn't be there. Enjoyed listening to it though. I always liked that Sandman song though, heavy metal rockers with kids, write some strange songs, I think.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
I was laying in bed with my girlfriend about 1983, and listening to WREK, Ga. Tech FM station, about 2am on the weekend. The song line up was great, in fact my girlfriend made a remark about it, I agreed and said, yeah, and no commercials, then, and this had been about ten songs in a row, the intro for Tom Petty's "Refugee" started up, sounded good, then it was the chipmunks version. We about died laughing. It was all in the timing, we should have called the DJ to complement him.

I sort of liked the above, but found myself anticipating the guitar rifts from Don't Stop and they wouldn't be there. Enjoyed listening to it though. I always liked that Sandman song though, heavy metal rockers with kids, write some strange songs, I think.
Ever read through this series? See if your local library has it. Well worth the effort.

It is not acknowledged, but it is possible that this Sandman is responsible for the lyrical ideas, at least in part.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:10 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
Ah, I was thinking it was inspired by this sandman:
Mister Sandman - The Chordettes (4 min 41 sec)
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:39 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Okay, does that girl have the flatest delivery or what? It's the singing zombie hour.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:40 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
It's supposed to be a lullaby, I think. So flat puts you to sleep?

It was that or Chet Atkins, guitar only version.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
It's supposed to be a lullaby, I think. So flat puts you to sleep?

It was that or Chet Atkins, guitar only version.
I happen to love that song, but I really do not like watching people sing if they do not put anything into the act.

Just my issue mind you, but I think singing is a performance, and thus should be performed. It is not just opening one's mouth and making the proper tones. I have a guitar that can make the proper tones, I expect a human to add some human.

This is one of the reasons why I do not like to see bands play live anymore. Very few of them actually perform beyond playing their instruments on stage. If I have the recording at home, I really do not need the recording recreated in front of me. I could train monkeys (if you'll allow a little hyperbole) to play the music proficiently, I want a performance.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
Okay, does that girl have the flatest delivery or what? It's the singing zombie hour.

That song always had a pretty flat delivery. It is sometimes used as an example of how pop music was pre-rock and roll. Didn't they use it in Pleasantville?

As far as the song in the OP, all it made me think of was the final scene of the Sopranos. So I watched that instead

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 13, 2010, 01:01 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
That song always had a pretty flat delivery. It is sometimes used as an example of how pop music was pre-rock and roll. Didn't they use it in Pleasantville?

As far as the song in the OP, all it made me think of was the final scene of the Sopranos. So I watched that instead

Pat MacKenzie
Glad it made you think of something different. Cool.

I'm not talking about the emotional delivery of the song itself. It is not exactly the blues, eh? I'm talking about her performance itself.

Put it this way, if a woman looked like she does, while making love to you, how would you react?