Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:12 PM
United States, OH, Louisville
Joined Feb 2004
70 Posts
Build Log
Dynamic Foamy Dynex 2.4 Nano pattern Plane

I'm posting some pics of the Dynex 2.4 build I did over the last couple
of days. This plane was a nice, easy build and hopefully a good flyer.

Feel free to hijack this thread with pics and comments.
walexand1 is offline Find More Posts by walexand1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:54 AM
USA, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2008
103 Posts
Subscribed for the flight report. Thanks
melkor is offline Find More Posts by melkor
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:52 PM
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2003
430 Posts
Just finished my Dynamic Foamy DYNEX 2.4, bought a Mustang and pulled out the gear, added two 1.7 gram servos and that was all I needed. Great looking, easy to build and based on what I saw at E-Fest a nice airplane. 
I should have bought it at E-Fest, got home ordered it and it arrived Thursday. Two hours later its ready to fly.
The Mustang was only $80 bucks and I hope to sell the carcass for $20 bucks with the charger.

FLIGHT REPORT
Excellent, I am very pleased with the Dynex 2.4. It was very smooth, very solid and it did exactly what it was asked to do. Good hover, good knife edge and still would pull out of a hover after 4 minutes on a 150 mAh battery. I flew it 5 times but also flew my micro 4Site and Fancy Foam Seminoll between the 5 flights. The Dynex flies much like the Seminoll, and much better in my view than the 4Site which is much harder for me to get into a stable hover. My Dynex 2.4 weighted 30 grams without battery and 35 ready to fly with a 150 mAh battery. I did add very small and light wheels so I can ROG on both the gym floor and the soccer floor we fly on. I am very glad I added them. I expect to strip the electronics out of my 4Site and set up another Dynex 2.4, well done.
jfassino is online now Find More Posts by jfassino
Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:34 AM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,060 Posts
Nice looking bird!!
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:04 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,549 Posts
Is it all 2mm Depron?
How much did the bare airframe weigh, or conversely how much does the AR6400+ motor+ 2 servos weigh?

I would like to build up an airframe, just want to know what weight to shoot for and i don't have the electronics in hand.
Todd's models seems to have everything in stock. Lots of other places have the 6400 and the servos, but not the Mustang motor and gearbox.

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:10 AM
Joined Feb 2004
70 Posts
Nice bird, jfassino. I'll try mine next week in a hangar or get real brave and try it in the garage today! I don't want to risk it outdoors.

If I remember right, the completed model weighed 14 grams.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:20 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,549 Posts
Thanks.
I just ordered all the bits from myatomic for ~$115.
Never dealt with them before and don't know yet what the shipping will be. I hope they will be fair
Todd's only had the Sukhoi motor, not the P51.
I could have bought the P51 plus an extra servo for about the same money I guess, but shipping would have been higher.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:06 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
I have the AR6400 and the rest of the guts for this plane. I was wondering if it would be better with the long travel servo's? Do you think it needs them or does the regular AR6400 and servo's work fine?
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:29 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
does it fly better than the 4 site?
lightspeeddud is online now Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
Joined Feb 2004
70 Posts
I flew mine today outside for a few minutes and I think it's a keeper. The air was dead calm (before the storm) and all I did was straight and level with rudder turns. There were no bad pitch tendencies with rudder input and during slowing and acceleration. Since I was on rutty concrete, I made a slow three-point landing with no problems. My battery started the low voltage shuffle after a minute and a half, maybe since it was 10 degrees outside. I'm sure it handles indoors like Jfassino reported in Post #3, can't wait to try.

Jfassino - nice wheels, I'll have to try those on my next one.

ducatirdr - I think the AR6400 would be enough. I have the 6400L and I had to reduce
my throws down from 100% to 60% to keep the rudder from banging either edge of the elevator.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:24 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
does it fly better than the 4 site?
you can check out the video on their site ...a 4site pops in for a visit
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:24 PM
Joined Sep 2003
430 Posts
I tried mine out side today and while it flew great the cold weather at 25 degrees cools the 150 mAh battery very quickly inflight and results in low voltage. I took the airplane inside and after the battery warmed it gave the expected performance, so it was just a temperature issue. Guess we need little coats for these tiny lipos so we can fly out doors in cold climate.

I may make a little depron jacket and try that. Any solutions you guys have found?

What a great little airplane. I am going on vacation this week and plan to take it with me, may get to fly it on a cruise ship.

too much fun.

Jim
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:15 PM
United States, IL, Bloomington
Joined Feb 2002
977 Posts
I am hoping my Dynex shows up tomorrow.
Looks like a fun plane.
wgeffon is online now Find More Posts by wgeffon
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:18 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
I talked to them today...recent orders are all leaving tomm..post office was closed today
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:19 PM
Joined Sep 2003
430 Posts
Wayne,

This looks similar to the micro flyer you had at E-Fest last year. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it and if you have a recommendation for a brushless solution.

Jim