HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 21, 2010, 01:24 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2004
920 Posts
.

i agree 4s and no looking back.

3s is not a second thought anymore. Just cancelled my backorder 3s Rhino's and ordered 3 more (have 3 already) 4s 1600 30C Turnigy's. I'm perfectly happy with how she flies now and whats the sense in dropping to a 1300 for a measly 30 grams weight -- I like the long fly times with this lipo.

Went ahead and trimmed the tail cone as Don showed on his AMX -- went down to 41mm as recommended in the WEMO manual... should help with thrust.

The goggles i have are made by Scott and i looked for the package but I think my wife threw it away. There is no other description or name on the goggles.

But either way --- these ones i found are KEY to them working for you. No other goggles i've used have i been nearly as happy with. These are great on cloudy days as well as bright sunny. There let alot of light thru but somehow the sun is not piercing at all, contrasts are great.

What you're looking for is the "Amplifier Lens" that Scott carries. So they say -- The patented Amplifier Lens increases clarity, contrast, and definition through a sophisticated light transmission process that matches the optimum absorption wavelengths of the eye.
Translation? The amplifier lens are designed to be used in all conditions, if you want a sunlight specific lens look for a chrome lens, if you want a lens that does better in cloudy or night conditions find a goggle with clear, night, or light amplifier lens.


My wife bought them randomly for me from Dicks for $20 bucks -- best i've owned in 12yrs of snowboarding, this is my first season with 'em.

You look at the lense and think you would see a pale pinkish-orange --- but then you put them on and its almost as if there is no color tint to them at all --- colors come through unaltered, and shadows on the backsides of bumps and hills (on the mountain snowboarding) are clearly visible whereas they would be invisible w/out on a sunny day --- seeing terrain clearly is SO important when riding.
WRXronald is offline Find More Posts by WRXronald
Last edited by WRXronald; Feb 21, 2010 at 01:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2010, 01:31 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXronald View Post
i agree 4s and no looking back.

3s is not a second thought anymore.

The goggles i have are made by Scott and i looked for the package but I think my wife threw it away. There is no other description or name on the goggles.

But either way --- these ones i found are KEY to them working for you. No other goggles i've used have i been nearly as happy with. These are great on cloudy days as well as bright sunny. There let alot of light thru but somehow the sun is not piercing at all, contrasts are great.

What you're looking for is the "Amplifier Lens" that Scott carries. So they say -- The patented Amplifier Lens increases clarity, contrast, and definition through a sophisticated light transmission process that matches the optimum absorption wavelengths of the eye.
Translation? The amplifier lens are designed to be used in all conditions, if you want a sunlight specific lens look for a chrome lens, if you want a lens that does better in cloudy or night conditions find a goggle with clear, night, or light amplifier lens.

My wife bought them randomly for me from Dicks for $20 bucks -- best i've owned in 12yrs of snowboarding, this is my first season with 'em.

You look at the lense and think you would see a pale pinkish-orange --- but then you put them on and its almost as if there is no color tint to them at all --- colors come through unaltered, and shadows on the backsides of bumps and hills (on the mountain snowboarding) are clearly visible whereas they would be invisible w/out on a sunny day --- seeing terrain clearly is SO important when riding.
Thanks, I am on a mission to try some amplifier goggles.

Are these the goggles? Description: No-Fog anti-fog treatment ContourFlex Frame Compound Perimeter ventilation Cylindrical dual lens Helmet Compatible Hypoallergenic Super Soft Face Foam Amplifier lens brings out detail and contours in the snow 100% UV protection.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:44 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2004
920 Posts
well yes Amplifier is the right feature. )

Not sure though looks like you have a dark tinted lense photo'd there. If that's your preference go for it -- but I would say that is only good for HIGH light or very bright sunlight conditions.

I think but don't quote me on this the color of my lense tint is "Rose". Seems to me to be a good color for all light conditions/levels except for nightime (when riding on the hills under the resorts flood lights).

If you go with a darker tinted lense, on a cloudy day i think all you will see is a dark or black sillouette. I desire to see the jet and have Red wing tape on the bottom of a few of mine -- so its important to still see the real colors.

The rose lense does not distort color much at all...

I really wish I had kept the package then i could give you the specific type.

Couple pics is best I could do for ya... sorry on that. Hope it helps. Nice thing is they fit over eyeglasses nicely as well. Pictured are kids goggles (probably why there is not a big Scott emblem on the front) cuz i have a narrow face and that's what fits me. You can get the same in regular adult size as well...

Unfortunately (for this post anyways) my camera is taking really good pictures in both light levels -- but believe me when I say -- the sun is BRIGHT today coming in my windows and the pic w/out the goggles there was a TON of glare pretty much blinding me while I took the pic - the camera doesn't do it justice. But at least you can see with and w/out view of the color. Just looking at the goggle you'd think you would see alot of orange type color. But once your viewing thru the lense its not orangey at all (i HATE the true more orange/yellow type tint lenses which do cover everything you see with a yellow or orange tint -- so i'd say be careful not to buy just any orange looking lense).
WRXronald is offline Find More Posts by WRXronald
Last edited by WRXronald; Feb 21, 2010 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXronald View Post
well yes Amplifier is the right feature. )

Not sure though looks like you have a dark tinted lense photo'd there. If that's your preference go for it -- but I would say that is only good for HIGH light or very bright sunlight conditions.

I think but don't quote me on this the color of my lense tint is "Rose". Seems to me to be a good color for all light conditions/levels except for nightime (when riding on the hills under the resorts flood lights).

If you go with a darker tinted lense, on a cloudy day i think all you will see is a dark or black sillouette. I desire to see the jet and have Red wing tape on the bottom of a few of mine -- so its important to still see the real colors.

The rose lense does not distort color much at all...

I really wish I had kept the package then i could give you the specific type.

Couple pics is best I could do for ya... sorry on that. Hope it helps. Nice thing is they fit over eyeglasses nicely as well. Pictured are kids goggles (probably why there is not a big Scott emblem on the front) cuz i have a narrow face and that's what fits me. You can get the same in regular adult size as well...

Unfortunately (for this post anyways) my camera is taking really good pictures in both light levels -- but believe me when I say -- the sun is BRIGHT today coming in my windows and the pic w/out the goggles there was a TON of glare pretty much blinding me while I took the pic - the camera doesn't do it justice. But at least you can see with and w/out view of the color. Just looking at the goggle you'd think you would see alot of orange type color. But once your viewing thru the lense its not orangey at all (i HATE the true more orange/yellow type tint lenses which do cover everything you see with a yellow or orange tint -- so i'd say be careful not to buy just any orange looking lense).
WRX,

Thanks for taking the time to explain and to photograh the goggles and the difference.

I will check Dicks Sporting goods.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:29 AM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
Don, have you decided to carry the WEMO fan. I need to get a new fan as my stock is cracked.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:31 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,970 Posts
Yes but I have to getthem on order. If you need a new stock fan I have a few left.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:10 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
Thanks but I was less than impressed with the stock setup. I think I'm going to go with the WEMO and your 5400kv. I already have a 30amp ESC and some 3s 1350 25c's.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2010, 01:54 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,970 Posts
I have the Wemotec Microfan in stock now as of today.
http://www.donsrc.com/cart/index.php...d&productId=95


Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The Don; Mar 07, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2010, 08:52 PM
cmd
Registered User
cmd's Avatar
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
Don,

Given the Wemotec Mirofan appears to be the only robust fan available - will its installation require the nip and tuck due to the smaller swept area than the stock fan? I really don't need more speed than stock, but would like better reliability. I guess that would mean the 5400 on 3S ("only" double the Watts of stock)
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,970 Posts
Nip and tuck not needed. I do that for speed. Leave it bigger for extra thrust.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2004
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Nip and tuck not needed. I do that for speed. Leave it bigger for extra thrust.

Don

Hey Don, I went with 41mm on my exhaust exit --- since thrust is far from an issue, do you think I may net a little better speed if I shrink it down again to maybe 38mm exit? I don't want to choke the fan is all.

I'm going to need more speed punch now to rocket past the drag from all my new glue and tabe job; after the "crash".
WRXronald is offline Find More Posts by WRXronald
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,970 Posts
80% FSA is what I like to run on my model for speed. That may be why yours was not breaking 100 mph.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:16 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,970 Posts
I have a limited sale on Wemotec Microfan and Wicked EDF motors going on right now.

http://www.donsrc.com/cart/index.php...d&productId=97

Thanks!
Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:00 AM
Registered User
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,635 Posts
Just made a order from your site Don for the Wemo 50mm combo
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:01 AM
Registered User
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,635 Posts
How good are those lipos from Value Hobby
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion JPower P-38 (Sold By Banana Hobby) fred_n Electric Warbirds 6272 Jun 13, 2014 06:00 PM
Article Hobby Lobby JPower AMX Light Attack Jet ARF Review Bajora Foamy EDFs 394 Jul 12, 2013 02:49 PM
Build Log Wicked Powered Jpower F5-E The Don Don's RC 53 Feb 20, 2010 08:30 PM
Video Hobby Lobby's JPower AMX EDF with a Hoffman Magnetics Mightey Mite 60mm Motor Bajora Electric Plane Talk 2 Jan 06, 2009 06:48 PM