HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:22 AM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2011
72 Posts
[QUOTE=wheelspinner20;18421067]
Quote:
Could you please tell me what the root and tip chord of the grim reaper is not including control surfaces ?
[/QUOT

root is 12" tip is welll 5" or so mine is cut down to 50" span. so the tip dimension is an estimate. Without control surface.

P
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
The airbrush job makes it hit harder I hear.!!!!
Thanks Wheelspinner20, haha get your hearing checked , airbrush job makes it fly faster
HydroThief is offline Find More Posts by HydroThief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:56 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,057 Posts
Here is another motor link. Have any of you purchased from this supplier?

http://www.sdshobby.net/C-Series-Out...KV-p-2492.html

Here are Ebay companies with C3530 KV1700 motors

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

http://stores.ebay.com/skywave2009/_..._sid=901481993

It looks like it even comes with the hardware.

If Paypal will send money to them it is a good sign that they are a legit company.

Paypal will also protect your personal information.

Lee

WARNING!!! We are hearing that a company called ALIBABA is offering 3530-1700 kv motors then not shipping. LINK

Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Jun 06, 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:21 PM
United States, MS, Clinton
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
I ordered the 1400 kv from heads up rc and the 8x4 folding prop. I think it will work out just fine too.
bamabaxter is offline Find More Posts by bamabaxter
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:49 AM
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
Reaper arrived yesterday.....may have to call in sick for the rest of the week
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:46 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,358 Posts
My brother and I both tested our GR's durability by running into an unmoveable object. I launched mine and found it almost uncontrollable. The push rod had slipped on one elevon. I managed to get it to come back, but glided straight into my car's rubber bumper! It bounced six feet straight back! Anyway, my brother was somewhat distracted by all this and lost control of his plane which went straight in under power. The ground didn't yield as much as my rubber bumper.

Result was we both had bent motor mounts. We were suprised to see that. Apparently motors have a lot of inertia! I had actually thought the mount was overkill and thought about aluminum one. that would be a mistake. Oh well, we didn't break any wings or anything.
nageotte is online now Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:38 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,057 Posts
Gotta love a plane that can take the abuse.

Aluminum motor mounts can't be bent back without cracking. The stainless steel can take a lot of abuse. I like to remove the mount from the plane if I have to bend it back so I don't damage the back of the wing.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:40 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,057 Posts
I know a lot of you have gone 4S on the lipos. What is your speed increase over the 3S ?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:23 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
guys a quick question, if i wanted to resize the GR to say 48" do i cut off the ends of the wing, or the centre
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,975 Posts
Depends........
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,975 Posts
Actually I think most would cut out the center. But if you were interested in load carrying ability you may be better off trimming the wingtips. Why do you want to cut it down?
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:18 PM
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
Why do you want to cut it down?
My thoughts also
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:04 AM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
well the reason i asked was just for future reference, incase i ever say damaged the nose beyond repair or damage a wing tip, then at least i could cut out the damaged section and still have a great wing so dont worry the GR will remain the same size it was born as
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:36 AM
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
well the reason i asked was just for future reference, incase i ever say damaged the nose beyond repair or damage a wing tip, then at least i could cut out the damaged section and still have a great wing so dont worry the GR will remain the same size it was born as
carl
Don't think you need to worry about that unless you fly it into a running lawnmower, saw blade, or perhaps a medieval sword.....EPP takes a serious beating.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
I am thinking of buying this wing. I know I need all my own electronics. Do I have to cut the EPP myself or is it all cut already?

I'm thinking of getting this instead of the assassin in widow maker because I think it would make a good FPV platform. Thoughts?
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:55 PM
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
I am thinking of buying this wing. I know I need all my own electronics. Do I have to cut the EPP myself or is it all cut already?

I'm thinking of getting this instead of the assassin in widow maker because I think it would make a good FPV platform. Thoughts?
It is cut, but you have to cut your own slots for your electronics and slots for the spars, but since you plan to use it for FPV, that will allow you to custom fit your gear. Go ahead and spend an extra $6 on a cheap soldering iron. It makes cutting slots for all the accessories easier. I have an Assassin and a Widowmaker also. I use them all for different styles of flying. I too bought this plane mainly for FPV.