Old May 10, 2011, 05:13 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
just got an e mail to say Michael, Crash Test Hobby, has shipped my GR, now lets hope USPS get it to the UK in record time
carl
It isn't USPS that has been the hold up it is customs. We have never had a plane not arrive in UK but the time it takes to get them there has varied.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,446 Posts
lee it wasnt a criticism about delivery or anything, i have had lots of stuff from the USA so i know how slow the customs can be, i was just getting excited about the GR on its way
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old May 10, 2011, 10:00 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,254 Posts
I'm excited too and we make an effort to go out of our way for our foreign customers. I don't mean to scare you only entertain with maybe a little frustration at the post service. The post office does an amazing job and have gotten planes in places I had to look up on the map because I didn't know where they are. I think they are as frustrated with the government regulations as we are.

We have some stories to tell like the ripped up Reaper package that was returned with tire marks across it and the post office wanted us to pay return postage. It was returned from a foreign country so they can't be blamed. The funny thing is that one of the local flyers wanted the kit to take some pictures of it and when he opened it all of the pieces were still there and the wing was fine except for the tire tracks across the EPP foam. The box was so ripped up the post office had put it in a plastic bag and taped over the top. We loved the "We Care" label on the end.

The plane is now built and flying. Try that with balsa.

Lee

Last edited by Lee; May 10, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:12 AM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
So if there are troubles here you know who I am going to blame!!!!
hahaha- point that crooked finger of blame right over here
When I was a kid I used to get in trouble all the time, mostly because I had a guilty look on my face
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old May 10, 2011, 10:15 AM
Joined May 2009
1,446 Posts
you should put that story on the web site to show how good the EPP is, it is a great selling feature, but like i said i had a look at loads of other wings, but the GR jumped out at me every time i looked at it, and reading this thread made my decision easier, and now cant wait, have just received my KEDA motor, and also treated myself to a new ESC too, and going to order a couple of the HS 81MG servos, and also just fabricated a parallel lead for running 2x 2200 mAh, oh i love the pre build, getting new stuff and going through the build in my head, now i just want that knock on my door
carl
Old May 10, 2011, 10:20 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
hahaha- point that crooked finger of blame right over here
When I was a kid I used to get in trouble all the time, mostly because I had a guilty look on my face
What do you mean had a guilty look. I fly with you all the time and you still look guilty. Have you ever talked your way out of a ticket? Nope ... you look too guilty.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:26 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
you should put that story on the web site to show how good the EPP is, it is a great selling feature, but like i said i had a look at loads of other wings, but the GR jumped out at me every time i looked at it, and reading this thread made my decision easier, and now cant wait, have just received my KEDA motor, and also treated myself to a new ESC too, and going to order a couple of the HS 81MG servos, and also just fabricated a parallel lead for running 2x 2200 mAh, oh i love the pre build, getting new stuff and going through the build in my head, now i just want that knock on my door
carl
The Grim Reaper is a design we have been working on for a long time. I'm sure it will still evolve but she is one sweet flying plane. It is amazing how far it can glide without power.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:43 AM
Joined May 2009
1,446 Posts
lee, your making the wait agony now
carl
Old May 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,385 Posts
Lee,

We have a differant problem. We promptly got out kits and built them. But. . . no motors! Seems like HK has been out of them forever. Any suggestions?

Jim
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old May 11, 2011, 03:52 PM
NKK for short...
United States, IN, Mitchell
Joined Oct 2010
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
Lee,

We have a differant problem. We promptly got out kits and built them. But. . . no motors! Seems like HK has been out of them forever. Any suggestions?

Jim
RCTimer sells a similar motor, unfortunately they're also from China, so it's a bit of a wait, but not near as long... Usually 10 business days
Note, that I think the prop shaft is a different diameter, as far as that matters.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...4&productname=
nkkromhof is offline Find More Posts by nkkromhof
Old May 11, 2011, 05:21 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
also this one that has a 4mm shaft
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=
Not sure if there is a clear advantage one over the other. If you do go this route would you please post your results?
Old May 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,254 Posts
I was making an order this morning and was surprised the Turnigy 35-30A 1700 was not only out of stock but not backordering.

The motor that rctimer has is the only other motor I can find that has the same stats. Not good!!!!!

I like the 1700KV so I can use the same prop as the Assassin and Widowmaker.

We need your help. Please post any motor you have used that has worked well.

Lee
Old May 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m96-ducted-2220-2700.html

I bought this....I'll post how it goes...
dec03001 is offline Find More Posts by dec03001
Old May 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2011
106 Posts
Fitted with a prop, not a ducted fan of course............................
dec03001 is offline Find More Posts by dec03001
Old May 11, 2011, 09:53 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Have considered buying a couple 'o these but haven't yet. I still have two of the gold 3530 spares kicking around...
Not exact specs but close
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb16-roc...08-1820kv.html