HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:06 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,922 Posts
The 3536-1800 is the motor we are using on similar planes with 3S batteries. Once it is airborne we are usually only be running part throttle anyway. Which prop are you using?
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
UH60 Pilot
United States, KY, Fort Campbell
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The 3536-1800 is the motor we are using on similar planes with 3S batteries. Once it is airborne we are usually only be running part throttle anyway. Which prop are you using?
9x6 apc e
E1Allen is offline Find More Posts by E1Allen
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:04 PM
UH60 Pilot
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
I really want to do a 6s setup, trying to find the right combo
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:07 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,922 Posts
You should be fast. I would definitely do a bench test for amps and heat but you should be able to get a combination that will work.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:28 PM
United States, FL, Key Largo
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E1Allen View Post
I really want to do a 6s setup, trying to find the right combo
good lord i couldnt imagin this thing on a highspeed 6s setup. things already fast, any faster is just being a giant wing of death, for anything it hits, be good for zombies with that speed thoe lmao
minegun2 is offline Find More Posts by minegun2
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:43 AM
I didn't think it'd do that
Australia, TAS
Joined Nov 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You should be fast. I would definitely do a bench test for amps and heat but you should be able to get a combination that will work.
Hi Lee, what speeds are you guys achieving? , I'm running 3s 2x3000mah, 3536-1400 and a HKing 9x6 folding prop, carries a gopro, vtx, board camera, and a fy31ap flight stabiliser. 50mph straight and level at full throttle is best she'll do. Is this reasonable for the combo?
omelette is offline Find More Posts by omelette
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
UH60 Pilot
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minegun2 View Post
good lord i couldnt imagin this thing on a highspeed 6s setup. things already fast, any faster is just being a giant wing of death, for anything it hits, be good for zombies with that speed thoe lmao
Well, I think I found the right motor. 700kv 6s swinging a 11x7 prop. Supposed 7lb of thrust on my 6.5lb reaper.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...trunner/Detail

This is the motor.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:19 AM
United States, KY, Cold Spring
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
Nice looking motor there...Look forward to seeing the difference!

At what size does the the props start to become a little to large for the deep reaper? Or is there even such a thing?
brettskermetzger is offline Find More Posts by brettskermetzger
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:38 PM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
913 Posts
As long as you cut away the foam on the trailing edge (before installing the shock cord!) so that the prop has enough clearance, you'd probably run into problems with high watts before running into problems with the fit of the prop.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:34 PM
UH60 Pilot
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elCapitan View Post
As long as you cut away the foam on the trailing edge (before installing the shock cord!) so that the prop has enough clearance, you'd probably run into problems with high watts before running into problems with the fit of the prop.
Ah yes, I will have to redo the shock cord, probably try to keep it intact or retie it to fit the larger prop
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:46 PM
KD0ZEQ
United States, CO, Snowmass
Joined Nov 2012
177 Posts
Reaper XL

I have my reaper almost ready to go . I am using it for my FPV platform. My delay is this .. i really do not want to maiden with FPV gear cause you never no. I have 2 4000 3s Zippy. Am getting ready to cut in wing for placement but what about when am ready to put fpv gear on?That will change the cg and have to recut and move batteries. Does this sound right.? Any suggestions?
Dubjay is offline Find More Posts by Dubjay
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:11 PM
UH60 Pilot
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubjay View Post
I have my reaper almost ready to go . I am using it for my FPV platform. My delay is this .. i really do not want to maiden with FPV gear cause you never no. I have 2 4000 3s Zippy. Am getting ready to cut in wing for placement but what about when am ready to put fpv gear on?That will change the cg and have to recut and move batteries. Does this sound right.? Any suggestions?
No, even if you don't have fpv gear or a Gopro like I didn't during the build I still took pennies on my scale and made weights roughly the same as the fpv gear. I balanced that with the batteries in the right location so no issues with cg. Should only cut battery holes once. If your cg is real close like that it should be almost identical with FPV gear.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:17 PM
UH60 Pilot
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
You can see the pennies I used in this picture
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:36 PM
KD0ZEQ
Joined Nov 2012
177 Posts
Yup . Sounds good just need to get myself a little scale. Was thinking that was probably a option. Nice not to be in the dark about it.
Thanks for reply and pic
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:43 PM
KD0ZEQ
Joined Nov 2012
177 Posts
Post #7

O.k what a great idea and am definitely makeing one. The battery parallel soldered up useing deans without wire. I bought a castle parallel harness and weighs a lot and also to much wire. I saw pics of details Thread post #7. very cool