SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:31 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
Here is the maiden flightsof a Herc we built.

Hercules Pusher Maiden flight (4 min 27 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
Merry Christmas!!!!

The Muppets: Ringing of the Bells (1 min 26 sec)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
UH60 Pilot
United States, KY, Fort Campbell
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Merry Christmas!
E1Allen is offline Find More Posts by E1Allen
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, FL, Key Largo
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
so i got a park 480 and a 10x7 prop and a 10x5 prop. wear i live wind is a issue and times and ive built and flown wings before ( the blue ff wing specifficaly) but im haveing a hard time trying to decide on the grim reaper or the albatross cause they both are the same price. and im curelty trying to get rid of time of the air frames i do have, and cutting back down to two planes and i just got a new easystar a few weeks ago, but for a long run situation, what do u guys think between the two planes, albatross or grim reaper?
minegun2 is offline Find More Posts by minegun2
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minegun2 View Post
so i got a park 480 and a 10x7 prop and a 10x5 prop. wear i live wind is a issue and times and ive built and flown wings before ( the blue ff wing specifficaly) but im haveing a hard time trying to decide on the grim reaper or the albatross cause they both are the same price. and im curelty trying to get rid of time of the air frames i do have, and cutting back down to two planes and i just got a new easystar a few weeks ago, but for a long run situation, what do u guys think between the two planes, albatross or grim reaper?
It is hard to compare the two.

Both are EPP tough. Albatross is a easy to fly and very quiet. It flies more like the EZ Star but is self stabilizing and cut from EPP so it will last longer.

Reaper is faster than the Albatross. It takes more skill to fly. It goes where your point it. It is a great flying wing design.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It is hard to compare the two.

Both are EPP tough. Albatross is a easy to fly and very quiet. It flies more like the EZ Star but is self stabilizing and cut from EPP so it will last longer.

Reaper is faster than the Albatross. It takes more skill to fly. It goes where your point it. It is a great flying wing design.
how do they comepare for windy days thoe? and yea thats what im having a hard time to figure out cause i got the easy start already, and im looking for somthing a little sporty a bit, since it does get windy here. but i dont want sonthing to fast, i try to keep my planes near me till i go get my new glasses. i need some what of the size to see the thing lol
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
The Albatross has a polyhedral wing, and therefore rights itself in the air very easily. However, it is certainly more susceptible to being kicked around in the wind. The wind won't take it out of the air, but it will be moving a lot.

The reaper is less susceptible to getting kicked around, but like lee said, it goes where you point it. If you're experienced in flying in the wind, ok, but if the wind does catch you on a roll or something, and turns you towards the ground, you'll be heading there fast.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
I fly both frequently. There is a place for both even for experienced flyers.

Look at our videos on our web site. Decide how you want to fly.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I fly both frequently. There is a place for both even for experienced flyers.

Look at our videos on our web site. Decide how you want to fly.
thats the thing i liek them both lol so im trying to decide wich one to get right now. thats why im trying to get the diffrent views from everyone lol
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:36 PM
TOO MUCH FUN!!
USA, SC, CAMPOBELLO
Joined Jun 2002
283 Posts
Get both!!
billdad1 is offline Find More Posts by billdad1
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdad1 View Post
Get both!!
i cant im only able to get one right now, need to be repairs on the old ford f-150 i have so im cutting back and limilting my self on planes for a while. so im like getting rid for 4 scratch builds i did, and im getting rid of a supercub that got to many battle wounds from ww3 so a few weeks back i picked up a new easy star, and im looking for one mone plane to get to entertain me for a while till i get the truck done.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
What kind of experience do you have flying? For wind I would suggest the reaper but its harder to fly
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
What kind of experience do you have flying? For wind I would suggest the reaper but its harder to fly
been flying for almost three years in the very very south part of florida, where its usualy windy here constanly. ive flow 450s helis too for a while also, ive flow two wings that i built out of foam board and fff foam, or lows blue foam. ive built three rc powers f-22 raptors, and ive had two bixlers in the past too, most of my planes were running grayson hobbies microjet v3 on it. and 1300 to 2200 mah 3s batterys. im pretty profiecent in my flying, but im not gona be building many planes or buying them anymore. so im cutting down to two planes.

P.S. ohh and the super cub too
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
UH60 Pilot
United States, KY, Fort Campbell
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Never flown albatross so my vote is reaper. I like mine so far
E1Allen is offline Find More Posts by E1Allen
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E1Allen View Post
Never flown albatross so my vote is reaper. I like mine so far
will it fly any good with the park 480 1024kv on a 10x7? cause im kinda leaning to it too