Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
question

I bought what I thought was an elevon mixer from tower for the grim (my old radio doesn't mix) when the package got here, flaperon mixer is what's labeled

its the great planes mixer for the tower hobbies flying wing
put it in a plane and try and see if the elivator is elivators and the ailerons are ailerons
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:22 AM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
thats what i was going to suggest. use a known working setup that is easy to get to receiver and use a couple new servos by themselves set on the bench like they would be in the reaper . take one pair and go to your good aileron and ele channels...and see what the loose servos do? straight up and down on elevator stick both servos should move same diretion. left right on stik they should move opposite.! take advantage if you get that far and mark all leads and seervo direction and double check before glueing them in!
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:57 AM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
thats what i was going to suggest. use a known working setup that is easy to get to receiver and use a couple new servos by themselves set on the bench like they would be in the reaper . take one pair and go to your good aileron and ele channels...and see what the loose servos do? straight up and down on elevator stick both servos should move same diretion. left right on stik they should move opposite.! take advantage if you get that far and mark all leads and seervo direction and double check before glueing them in!
that doesnt matter you can still revers the servos after they are in
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
rocky how many oz. does all your fpv stuff weigh? and what is minimum spee d it will go when fully loaded ? i know you can get 30 minutes out of your set up right? well when it was all still on the reaper.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:59 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
Quote:
rocky how many oz. does all your fpv stuff weigh? and what is minimum spee d it will go when fully loaded ? i know you can get 30 minutes out of your set up right? well when it was all still on the reaper.
it all still is i can go about 65mph and my gear is about 3 ounces
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:31 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
oh ok but what about minimum speed how slow does your osd show in mph before it stalls and or you cant really turn it??
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:48 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,977 Posts
Quote:
oh ok but what about minimum speed how slow does your osd show in mph before it stalls and or you cant really turn it??
no osd but pretty slow
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:42 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
879 Posts
GoPro folks.. can you post a few photos of your GoPro mount location along with your other gear?
Kerbob is online now Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
GoPro folks.. can you post a few photos of your GoPro mount location along with your other gear?
Good plan! I just got mine yesterday and Need mounting ideas. I was thinking of cutting a small square for the go pro to fit and just taping her down. The case for it is way heavy.

I'm thinking right behind and to the left of my FPV camera.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:09 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
879 Posts
I leave the case off when it is on my EasyStar, but I think I want to use the case on this one. I plan for this to be much more acrobatic/wild than my EasyStar and want the extra protection from the case. I'm going to use the Skeleton Case so I can plug in my cables though.
Kerbob is online now Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
I leave the case off when it is on my EasyStar, but I think I want to use the case on this one. I plan for this to be much more acrobatic/wild than my EasyStar and want the extra protection from the case. I'm going to use the Skeleton Case so I can plug in my cables though.
Your using your GoPro as an FPV camera? If so I wouldn't use it for acrobatics then.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:47 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,312 Posts
Rocky did a nice vid showing his GoPro mount setup. Check out the build threads on his youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/rockyFLYR
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
Rocky did a nice vid showing his GoPro mount setup. Check out the build threads on his youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/rockyFLYR
That's for the hercules. Right?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:53 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,312 Posts
Yeah- I get confused sometimes.
Ryan and Cardo both have GoPro's set up on some Reapers.
A couple 'o pictures?
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
Yeah- I get confused sometimes.
Ryan and Cardo both have GoPro's set up on some Reapers.
A couple 'o pictures?
I'd love to use the case around the go pro as it's nice insurance. But the extra weight is what kills me. That's why I was figuring I can inbed it into the foam a bit. and put some foam around it to protect it.