HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:16 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
1" up when combined with ail/ele or 1" when using JUST elevator? If so, that is my problem.. I have 3/8" and a total of 3/4" when both inputs are used
way more tork than mine ill use those when i build a second one for long range with a 500mah 3 cell... but i have one inch when using just elevator
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:18 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
ya im using these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6608
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:21 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Quote:
1" up when combined with ail/ele or 1" when using JUST elevator? If so, that is my problem.. I have 3/8" and a total of 3/4" when both inputs are used
Your plane should fly fine with plenty of control with this range of throw.
We balance ours at 10.5 inches back from the nose.
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
im using this motor on 7x5 or 8x4 yes use a cam 7x5 folding prop http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-20...s-Motor/Detail
Thanks ROCKY2,

How did you choose the Cobra C-2217/12 over the TR 35-30A? Does it have more power? More efficiency? Better for bigger props?

I haven't yet unlocked the deep mysteries of motor specs...
benjie is offline Find More Posts by benjie
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:31 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjie View Post
Thanks ROCKY2,

How did you choose the Cobra C-2217/12 over the TR 35-30A? Does it have more power? More efficiency? Better for bigger props?

I haven't yet unlocked the deep mysteries of motor specs...
1st it was i stock it does have more power and it runs great on an 8x4 and yes more efficiant but when i bought it it was cheaper
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:09 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Thank you all.

I am hoping that it was the ESC dying on me that caused the issues. I will have some new lipos in a few days and will return with results to give more data to the thread.

FYI, I am using 2x2200mah with the ebay 35-30 motor that comes with the $10 60A ESC. (man... I just realized how much garbage electronics i have on the grim.)
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:29 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Thank you all.

I am hoping that it was the ESC dying on me that caused the issues. I will have some new lipos in a few days and will return with results to give more data to the thread.

FYI, I am using 2x2200mah with the ebay 35-30 motor that comes with the $10 60A ESC. (man... I just realized how much garbage electronics i have on the grim.)
why 2x2200mah?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:27 PM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
Pierre, SD, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Took her for a flight real quick. Feels much better and I have full control under full throttle now. I'm going to tape the fins a bit better to the wing as it seems to be producing some unwanted drag.

I need to trip her out perfectly still lol.
She looking way better Bear,
and i am with you 100% on Vimeo!

nut
rcairnut is offline Find More Posts by rcairnut
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairnut View Post
She looking way better Bear,
and i am with you 100% on Vimeo!

nut
Thank you

I glued the fins on. Much more flush now. Just need to trim her out perfectly and I think I should not have anymore issues.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:11 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Very nice bear. The only reason you want a tiny gap in there is you want to make sure its not too tight so that with the tape adding thickness, it pinches too soon and doesnt go down all the way....

I like the new further forward horns too... that will help with full down when you are ready for all inverted flight!!

Have fun.

Rocky, I don't know if I would recommend 1" up of elevon throw with just elevator input. I think that would get some new-to-wing people in trouble. Tends to snap roll and spin if you are not used to that much control throw.

"$1400" for a wing set up???? is it big enough for the pilot to fly on top of it or what?? Who would want to limbo and tree dodge with that much money??? crazy.
P.
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
Very nice bear. The only reason you want a tiny gap in there is you want to make sure its not too tight so that with the tape adding thickness, it pinches too soon and doesnt go down all the way....

I like the new further forward horns too... that will help with full down when you are ready for all inverted flight!!

Have fun.

Rocky, I don't know if I would recommend 1" up of elevon throw with just elevator input. I think that would get some new-to-wing people in trouble. Tends to snap roll and spin if you are not used to that much control throw.

"$1400" for a wing set up???? is it big enough for the pilot to fly on top of it or what?? Who would want to limbo and tree dodge with that much money??? crazy.
P.
Thanks. I need to program my radio a little better I think. Not sure what to do for my end points. I have them pretty low. Anyway that price is for sheep who don't know what they are doing and or paying for. Thus why TBS is making bank probably.
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Rocky, 2x2200mah because I use 2200 on a lot of my other planes. Why does that sound odd to you?
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
USA, OH, Mason
Joined Jun 2010
136 Posts
I took my 4s Reaper out for a flight tonight. On the second flight, I decided to get a little daring and give it about 60% throttle in a 45 degree dive. It started out fine then all of a sudden it looked like a missile hit it--parts flying off and the wing tumbling in every direction. The batter landed on pavement and was toast. The ESC is the only other part that broke lose and that looks OK. The body and everything else landed just fine.

My guess is that the speed loosened the Velcro strap holding the battery and ESC. I need to strap that down better... but now I'm curious how fast that thing was really going. On this configuration I may put a sheet of flexible plastic over the electronics area, glued at the front seam forming a hinge and Velcro in the back. That would streamline it for high speed, although eventually the airframe itself becomes the limitation as this plane isn't really designed as a speed demon.

The fact that I only lost a lipo is a testaments to the Reaper's robustness.
andrejk is offline Find More Posts by andrejk
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:43 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post

Have fun.

P.
he asked what i was using and i told him i didnt recomend anything and i have well over just at 1000 in my zephyr now 1300 with a gopro
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:44 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Rocky, 2x2200mah because I use 2200 on a lot of my other planes. Why does that sound odd to you?
oh it doesnt just wondering why you neded so much mah