SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
150 Posts
Someone open it up and look to see if the USB data wires are connected. If they are, they should connect to a FTDI chip. That means you can use it for other things, it would take a little snooping though.
rp181 is offline Find More Posts by rp181
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:15 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,576 Posts
I'll hack my V1 Rx when I get a moment. Won't be surprised to find an ATMEL micro inside and the the 6 pads for ICSP programming on the board BUT then it will take someone cleverer than me to figure out how to reprogram it.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp181 View Post
Someone open it up and look to see if the USB data wires are connected. If they are, they should connect to a FTDI chip. That means you can use it for other things, it would take a little snooping though.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2010
150 Posts
I would be surprised to find an atmel (those are general purpose, specilized is cheaper) in it

If the USB data lines are connected, chances are the firmware already supports it. Hard part is figuring out what it does.
rp181 is offline Find More Posts by rp181
Old Jun 07, 2010, 10:34 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,576 Posts
I'm no expert but the HobbyCity $7 6A ESC's have Atmega 8L's in them from memory so I don't think they can be regarded as costly.

One way to find out. Screwdriver, where are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp181 View Post
I would be surprised to find an atmel (those are general purpose, specilized is cheaper) in it

If the USB data lines are connected, chances are the firmware already supports it. Hard part is figuring out what it does.
Old Jun 08, 2010, 03:16 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracanary View Post
i am sure that usb port is used for other things besides charging. Wouldn't it be nice if it could be used for calibration and changing the alarm values.
thats right, but lack of service is a major bad thing of this company, look at their website , V2 is not mentioned at all....
this company Quanum is same as Durafly who sells planes, i bought one a Cessna but they are not willing to sell spareparts for this plane....FUNNY and is bad service.
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Jun 08, 2010, 03:52 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,576 Posts
Here's what a V1 Tx and Rx look like inside. Ident has been ground off all the chips but the Rx is pretty simple. It has a USB chip and a micro which to my uninformed eye seems to do all the signal processing, including the 2.4GHz decoding.

Both Tx and Rx have the 6 pads for ICSP programming.

Expert comments welcome.

John

PS Bet those three unused holes on the Tx are where the v2 sensor lead attaches. So maybe you could even reprogram v1 TX to be V2 and add the lead -- just a wild thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
One way to find out. Screwdriver, where are you?
Old Jun 08, 2010, 04:18 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
581 Posts
How do you change the screen to have the Amp, Temp and MAH reading? Does it do it automatically once you attch the additional sensors? I have one of these but have only used it for volts per cell so far. I have the temp and Amp sensors but not used them yet.
J.E. Johnson is offline Find More Posts by J.E. Johnson
Last edited by J.E. Johnson; Jun 08, 2010 at 04:20 AM. Reason: adding picture
Old Jun 08, 2010, 04:35 AM
touching cloudbase not cloth!
UK
Joined Dec 2009
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.E. Johnson View Post
How do you change the screen to have the Amp, Temp and MAH reading? Does it do it automatically once you attch the additional sensors? I have one of these but have only used it for volts per cell so far. I have the temp and Amp sensors but not used them yet.
you just press the bind button once.
psychosaffa is offline Find More Posts by psychosaffa
Old Jun 08, 2010, 05:40 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosaffa View Post
thanks
Old Jun 09, 2010, 01:26 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
581 Posts
Quote:
Help please!

Mine does not change when I press the bind or power button.

When I start it up it says v2.0.0.0

Has anyone else had this issue? It is pretty pointless having the temp and amp upgrade if I can't see the readings.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:07 AM
UK
Joined Dec 2009
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.E. Johnson View Post
Help please!

Mine does not change when I press the bind or power button.

When I start it up it says v2.0.0.0

Has anyone else had this issue? It is pretty pointless having the temp and amp upgrade if I can't see the readings.
the v2 tx has what looks like a servo wire attached to it, are you sure that this is connected to the right terminal and not the temperature terminal? also make sure that everything is connected to your batteries and that the tx is switched on before you switch on the rx.

hope this helps
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:20 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
581 Posts
Quote:
the v2 tx has what looks like a servo wire attached to it, are you sure that this is connected to the right terminal and not the temperature terminal? also make sure that everything is connected to your batteries and that the tx is switched on before you switch on the rx.

hope this helps
I don't have anything connected to the transmitter except for the battery it is reading at this stage

Quote:
Because when I asked before I read this to say you only had to press the bind button. Hmmm I will hook up the amp and temp portion and report what happens! I might get lucky and look silly when it works!
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:25 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
581 Posts
Okay this is how it works:

You have to hook up the additional temp sensor to the transmitter and then rebind this to the receiver.

Once the unit has bound it works exactly as described - push the bind button to switch between volts and volts/temp/amp/Mah display.

Thanks for your help guys!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:21 AM
"Each Day Is A Lesson"
Goldsboro, NC
Joined May 2004
2,442 Posts
My,V-2, is on it's way, but I have one question.

Can the "Temp" be displayed in Ferienheit or or it just Celcius?

Thanks.

DD
diver don is offline Find More Posts by diver don
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:35 AM
UK
Joined Dec 2009
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver don View Post
My,V-2, is on it's way, but I have one question.

Can the "Temp" be displayed in Ferienheit or or it just Celcius?

Thanks.

DD
just celcius, unless im missing something something somewhere.