HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2010, 06:56 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
Maybe I spoke too sonn on the lookds of the DX8i, I have several radios and yet my favorite is a Tracker III. My radios include JR9303,9503,8103,7202,662 SX600,378,Dx6i and a DX7. I like the looks of the 9303/9503 but I have to say that my favorite is still the Tracker III. Maybe is just that I am old. I like the 2.4 Ghz system I just wish the receivers were not so expensive. I paid $149 for JR 921's the other day and when you need 3 is a lot of money. I speaclly like the illuminated display.
enrique1123 is offline Find More Posts by enrique1123
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2010, 08:08 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,091 Posts
I had a Tracker II also. Had great success with it, sold it when I bought my Evo though. For all-out favorite radios, I think mine would be the old Ace MircroPro 8000. It looked clunky as 'ell, but did stuff even the newer radios don't do; like the ability to switch model memories in flight (has to be purposely set up to allow that to happen)...great for checking/comparing setting changes. Auto trim was another great feature...when your plane was out of trim...especially for maidens...you hold corrective stick, push a button and the radio autormatically (quickly or slowly) slews the trim until your sticks are centered. Let go of the button and trimmed. This allowed for more trim movement than just using the standard trim switch. Sold that one too when I bought my Evo. FWIW, I was probably one of the very first to bash in a Spektrum DSM1 Rf deck into my Evo and have since added a DSM2 module. Now I can fly both style receivers at the cost of two antenna and a switch to select which Rf deck is powered. Looks funny but works good AND it has sliders for flaps and spoilers!!!!
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2010, 08:23 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
I think the I am used to the programming features of the Tracker III very easily, maybe that's why I like it so much. I've had the 9303 for a shile now and when I bought it, it had a FM/PPM module that I replaced when the Spektrum DSM2 module came out. The first DX6i came with the Blade 400 and I bought the second one to get an extra receiver and a training radio for my young nephew. As soon as the 9503 came out I got one and I installed a Corona module on my 9303 so that I could get a whole bunch of inexpensive receivers for my parkflyers. The really nice airplanes and scratch build one will only get Spektrum receivers though. The Corona stuff is good for a parkflyer but I couldn't trust my really nice planes with it. For those I rather pay the extra money for a little extra piece of mind. I have never had a glitch with the Corona V2 receivers. I looked at the Aurora 9 before buying the 9503 but the catch is that Eflite and Horizon come out with such nice stuff that is BnF. So for me the only choice was the 9503. I was ticked off when I had to send it back for the software upgrade or fix but overall Horizon customer service is by far one of the best in the industry. I really don't need a new radio now but father's day is just around the corner and my wife and three daughters know that if they want to see a smile on my face it has to be RC stuff, cars, boats, airplanes and lately helicopters.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:18 AM
Joined May 2005
914 Posts
ANY updates???
OICU812 is offline Find More Posts by OICU812
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:27 AM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
I hate to spoil it but did you guys see the DX10t? I found it by accident on YOutube
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
Rockford, IL
Joined Oct 2003
969 Posts
Why did they have to make it so ugly. Well, at least the DX6i will have company. I couldn't have a 6i because I would just about throw up every time I used it.

They really should get someone with some design sense to design these things.

Tom Moody
Tom Moody is online now Find More Posts by Tom Moody
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:46 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moody View Post
Why did they have to make it so ugly. Well, at least the DX6i will have company. I couldn't have a 6i because I would just about throw up every time I used it.

They really should get someone with some design sense to design these things.

Tom Moody
I'm personally waiting for Apple to release its iTransmitter.
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:50 AM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
The DX6i and DX8i seem to have been designed by the same folk and the DX7 is a rebadged 7202 but the DX10t has some german design in it. It looks more like a Graupner MC-32.
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:41 AM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
I am looking forward to the DX8 when it is available, but I was really discouraged because I was talking to a hobby shop owner yesterday who told me that the DX8 was going to be $500 when it comes out. I think that is too much for this radio considering the price of the competition. (He also said that the 9503 would probably be the same or a little less by then.) If that was the case, I'm not sure what I would choose.
Sea Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Sea Monkey
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:37 PM
San Diego, Ca
Joined Oct 2007
489 Posts
That can't be right!

Because yeah, if the 9503 and the dx8 are the same price, the win goes to the 9503 as far as quality, looks, and channels are concerned.

There are a couple of dx8 features better than the 9503 but I think the list of features goes to the 9503 hands down in total.
LAdams is offline Find More Posts by LAdams
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Decals!
Old Apr 01, 2010, 08:10 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
If the price was the same for both radios I would still take the 9503 hands down. There has to be a reason for customer to chose the DX8i over the 9503.
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:22 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrique1123 View Post
If the price was the same for both radios I would still take the 9503 hands down. There has to be a reason for customer to chose the DX8i over the 9503.
How about telemetry and SD card input?
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Apr 02, 2010, 08:12 AM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
The SD card slot is a plus for me but the telemetry is not a big selling point personally.. I really like the idea to be able to store models on the memory card but I can transfer data with the usb adapter on my 9503.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 01:55 PM
OCALA.FLORIDA.
Joined Oct 2009
13 Posts
It look's to simillar to the dx6i,i like the dx7 better.
mikerc15 is offline Find More Posts by mikerc15
Old Apr 16, 2010, 06:13 PM
Sundsvall
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Well here is the answer from Spectrum about why there is no info on the DX8i on their site.

----
The product in question has not been officially announced worldwide. We
did preview the product in Europe in February and limited information
was released at the Nurnburg Toy Fair. In the USA, where our primary
English website is based, we will have all the detailed information you
are looking for once we make the official worldwide announcement in the
coming months.

Best Regards,
Spektrum

----

I guess the we just got to keep waiting for it. I hope it will be available before this years flying season is over. We only have May to October here in northern Sweden.
SEALen is offline Find More Posts by SEALen