SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:23 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Oconomowoc Wi
Joined Mar 2008
1,311 Posts
OK.... Just saw a photo on some heli site....Its not too horrible......We can only hope they got the neck strap position correct! ........ And why cant they put a "ON" light on thier trannys??? JR..... are you listening too?..... seriously...They cant use that much juice!
davonat is offline Find More Posts by davonat
Last edited by davonat; Feb 20, 2010 at 11:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:48 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,497 Posts
Without a 360 degree view...I'm not sure about the DX8. I've been waiting for Spektrum to put a side slider(s) on their Tx's for proportional flap/spoiler type activation. A turn knob on the top of the radio is not going to do it for me. I don't want to remove my fingers from the sticks to make an adjustment. Also, why go with a 4 cell battery. A system that would take a 2S LiPo would be AWESOME (like what I use in my Evo). The addition of telemetry is nice to see though. I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more radios provide this function.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:54 AM
Joined Dec 2005
189 Posts
It's neat that we all have different taste. I love the look of the DX8!
The 11X on the other hand is butt ugly to me.

That's my 2c
Mr.Buzzy is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Buzzy
Old Mar 28, 2010, 01:02 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Also, why go with a 4 cell battery. A system that would take a 2S LiPo would be AWESOME (like what I use in my Evo).
You'd be surprised at the amazing battery life of the DX6i, which also runs on a four-cell setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Buzzy View Post
It's neat that we all have different taste. I love the look of the DX8!
The 11X on the other hand is butt ugly to me.

That's my 2c
Hey, finally someone who agrees with me!
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:13 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Without a 360 degree view...I'm not sure about the DX8. I've been waiting for Spektrum to put a side slider(s) on their Tx's for proportional flap/spoiler type activation. A turn knob on the top of the radio is not going to do it for me. I don't want to remove my fingers from the sticks to make an adjustment.
Right there with ya bud.....

I do have a DX6i and the 4 cell works well for me. I use Sanyo Eneloops and can't remember the last time I charged. OK I do, but it has excellent run time.

The real question is why not 1s LiPoly. More than adequate and no cell imbalance to worry about.....
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2003
281 Posts
The looks of the radio leave a lot to be desired. But then look at the Tracker III, not a very nice looking radio but it did the job very well. I like the looks of the 7202/DX 7 but even better the 9303/9503. I am sure that they will make some changes before it is released to the publi and I do expect the price to be between the DX7 and 9503. Does the release of the DX8i mean they will keep them coming? DX9, DX10 and DX11? I just want them to lower the price of their receivers. The SD card reader is a great idea for storing more model memory.
enrique1123 is offline Find More Posts by enrique1123
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:02 PM
Sundsvall
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
All I can say i that the DX6i and now the DX8 are among the best looking radios out there. The DX7 looks like an antique compared. I hope you ppl that are thinking it is ugly are not making the judgment from the not so good quality picture in the first post?

Here are a few better pics:

Anyway, it's good we all have different tastes. The world would be pretty boring otherwise!
SEALen is offline Find More Posts by SEALen
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrique1123 View Post
I am sure that they will make some changes before it is released to the publi and I do expect the price to be between the DX7 and 9503.
I am sure they will not make any changes, it's already appearing in ads in German magazines. Some online shops have also added it to their catalogs, priced at around €340.
But don't you find it strange that it has not even been announced in the US yet? Seems more and more like Spektrum are not able to offer anything above 7 channels in USA.
LAN is online now Find More Posts by LAN
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:47 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
They will have the 8 in the US. Paul B confirmed that on RunRider....
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:49 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
1,573 Posts
Hmmm...if it is $450 then they are definetely ripping you off...you can get an Aurora 9 with a 9ch rx for $459 AND the A9 has 1 more channel as well as fully assignable switches, a huge TOUCHSCREEN display, BB Gimbals, ability to adjust tensions and ratchets with disassembling the TX, full telemetry, firmware upgradability as well as many more features that make it far superior
M.Huerta is offline Find More Posts by M.Huerta
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:14 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,398 Posts
Yesterday I was looking at the DX8 at the Faszination Modellbau fair in Karlsruhe. Interestingly, I noticed the DX8i (whatever the difference I could not find out) will be available here on 7./8. April. But advance purchases for the DX8 are already offered by a few dealers in Germany; cheapest I've seen it is EUR €329 although most places advertise €339 for Tx, 8-channel Rx, telemetry transmitter, and charger. Frankly, it looks nice. And I read that a 2s LiPo could also be bought for use in the Tx.

Nonetheless it seems strange that you can buy the DX8 for either Mode 1 or Mode 2, yet Spektrum advertises the system as being programmable for all modes 1 to 4.

There are some features I really like, such as the vibration alarm (good for flying those models with a bad glide ratio and you don't like to take your eyes off the model in the air), the ability to change the switch allocations (channels), the built-in 3-position flap delay adjustment, and the variable milliamp output so I could change between flying in the U.S. and Germany. The SD/MMC memory card slot is also nice.

Slider switches on the side would have been smart.

I'm still not 100% sold on any 2.4GHz system, but I'm heavily leaning toward Spektrum despite the raves about Hitec and Futaba.
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Old Mar 29, 2010, 02:46 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
[QUOTE=James Frolik

I'm still not 100% sold on any 2.4GHz system, but I'm heavily leaning toward Spektrum despite the raves about Hitec and Futaba.[/QUOTE]

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

We've been flying full range 2.4GHz SS for well over three years; the two largest "fly-ins" in the world, The Joe Nall and the IRCHA each REQUIRE 2.4GHZ for 2010.
A number of USA clubs have gone to 2.4GHz SS only-------
See: http://www.joenall.com/
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...y+requirements

What is it that you don't seem to get?????????????
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Last edited by onewasp; Mar 29, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 04:25 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik View Post
Yesterday I was looking at the DX8 at the Faszination Modellbau fair in Karlsruhe..
James - can you confirm the DX8 does NOT have sliders? Since you have seen it wanted a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2010, 04:46 PM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Jan 2010
81 Posts
Does anybody know about DX-10 price. It is announced by a few dealers but no price info is available. Only one site show 9999,99 EUR what is (I hope )system/software bug.

PP
Swift58 is offline Find More Posts by Swift58
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:43 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

We've been flying full range 2.4GHz SS for well over three years; the two largest "fly-ins" in the world, The Joe Nall and the IRCHA each REQUIRE 2.4GHZ for 2010.

What is it that you don't seem to get?????????????
Hey Mister,

Be very careful with your comments. I get everything. And this forum is no place for one-upmanship. You assume too much without asking. Does your brain honestly believe I would post here if I were not interested in buying a 2.4GHz system?

I am sold on 2.4GHz, but not on any one system (brand), i.e. Spektrum, Futaba, Airtronics, Hitec... And I am leaning toward Spektrum. End of discussion. (A P.M. provides good taste in these discussions. Maybe you should consider using it more often.)

So cool your Joe Nall and the IRCHA hormones.
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik