HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2010, 01:17 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Then comes the air sally ducting. It always costs us up the wazoo in the end when they could of just designed it correctly from the beginning. I guess that is life in the forever '80's mentality of edf's!
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:30 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Thanks for the clarification CN.

So, the more scale intake on this one makes the peoples happy BUT, lemme get this straight, lets beat on the manufacturer a little because we think it MIGHT...just maybe... have a cheater hole?? Even though it is anybodies guess right now since there is only one photo posted?

Jeez, and I thought I could be a pessimist at times! Why not wait until you actually see a photo of the belly before you even go there.

I am sure their new retracts will slowly get integrated into their product line. It will take a little time because products like this EDF and the Habu may have been developed somewhat concurrently with the current set/size of electric retracts just recently released.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:26 AM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,047 Posts
Jon:
Good point.. I just hope that Horizon listens to their customers and knows we want retracts (or the option to put some in). They did it with the Bonanza 15E. For those in my situation, I have to land on pavement at my flying field, hand launching for T/Offs is one thing but the field is not belly lander friendly.. and I 'm sorry a jet just doesn't look right with gear hanging down. If HZ had a warbird EDF with gear, I'd be standing in line to get it.. Heck, I'd get the Habu if it had gear.
brati4 is offline Find More Posts by brati4
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:51 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Oh, I definitely agree on the "Just say NO to jets with fixed gear!!" I have yet to fly or own one with fixed gear. I take them off and find a place I can belly land them.

At AEF a week or so back, there was a Habu with the new E-flite electric retracts bashed in. I do no think it is very hard to add them, if the wing is thick enough. And I am sure E-flite will integrate them into future airframes they release.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:56 AM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,047 Posts
Jon,
I saw in the Habu thread, a guy who put the eflite units in and it doesn't seem difficult. I truly believe that HZ listens to their customers (if enough is said).. Heck look at RCLander.. I'll give it till the beginning of summer and then have to make a decision.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:17 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,462 Posts
That looks sweet! Sorry Jon but the nose does make a huge difference in an 86's appearance and this one looks great! Were not all here to be haters. I love "The Huff" scheme too! The span is 34 inches and the wing is thin. I hope there is room for retracts...
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:15 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Watcha doin' in NYC now Bret?? Probably more of that Dr. training, eh?

I know the nose and inlet are important on a F86...I just am more willing to overlook a non-scale look than some of you'all are. To each their own.

And if they do in fact have a cheater hole on this one, than I will be let down if the usual cheater hole haters do not erupt. But lets at least wait to see what it does and doesn't have before we start beating that drum. That is all I am saying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:36 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR View Post
Watcha doin' in NYC now Bret?? Probably more of that Dr. training, eh?

And if they do in fact have a cheater hole on this one, than I will be let down if the usual cheater hole haters do not erupt.

You got it! Unfortunately I've discovered NYC is a horrible place to maintain this hobby. As for the cheater hole haters....I'm sure they won't let you down if this model has them! Waiting with anticipation....
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:02 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,047 Posts
If it has a cheater hole, hopefully it is not a FOD hazard or it has a screen so it doesn't suck up any rocks.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:37 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,587 Posts
Hi,

I have a Habu with the fixed gear and it flys great. It makes a good everyday flyer without alot of emotional investment. That said, everything else for me (Jet wise) will have to be retract capable. Go E-Flight!

Mickydee
mickydee is online now Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:54 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,585 Posts
ive seen pics that show a full duct guys...its ok, you can take a deep breath now! ;p
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:56 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,585 Posts
looky looky

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1176
Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:10 PM
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Sep 2005
912 Posts
Another one to add to the list..........
edf nut is offline Find More Posts by edf nut
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:53 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Well then there you go folks! Are ya' happy Joe?

The only problem I see now is that to put the E-flite electric nose gear in will mess up the ducting a little?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:51 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,585 Posts
worse comes to worse...i bet you could hand launch it.