HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:41 AM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2005
452 Posts
Build Log
1/144 scale USS Little Rock (Cleveland class)

I have been persuaded into diving head first in to the world of RC warship Combat.

My first starting ship was based on advice that a cruiser would be a nice learning ship as far as combat goes. At this point I already have the keel, ribs, and some of the planking in place.

Joseph from Treaty Combat asked me how many hours I have put into the Little Rock so far. Really don't know how many hours I have spent so far. Maybe a week of lazy working. I guess that gives me an excuse to start another ship. This time keep track of time.

Next up on the blocks is an HMS Rodney!

As always all comments and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.
wartoy is offline Find More Posts by wartoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:13 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2005
452 Posts
Well I have had a couple of nights to work on it. I managed to finish planking the bow and stern areas.

Based on the Model Warship Rules for "fast gun" ships... http://www.mwci.org/rules.shtml ... the front 2 inches from the bow and the rear 2 inches from the stern is hardened area. All area from the from the 45 degree break in the bulge to the top of the hull is penetrable area so there is no need for me to continue planking much higher at all. Next I will get woo for the sub deck and main deck.
wartoy is offline Find More Posts by wartoy