Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:14 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Discussion
Administration may abandon civilian 9/11 trial - Another Obama FAIL

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...3-b2b06841eb57

A stupid idea to begin with, Obama and his clowns are going to try to come up with a good excuse why his screw up was either not a screw up, but a "mis-calculation" (aka, "screw up"), or that it was someone else's fault in the first place.

The good thing is that America is becoming more optimistic about the next three years because we don't really have a president anymore, just an empty suit with no ideas that work.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
I guess it was a "poorly crafted" plan
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:24 AM
United States, MS, Amory
Joined Oct 2004
1,412 Posts
Just another , "I, the government know what is the best for everyone. I will make the decisions for you because you all are stupid."

Haven't we shown the country in Commyfornia what happens when the government is disconnected from the people?
mtnmnstr is offline Find More Posts by mtnmnstr
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:46 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
I see. 9-11 happend when? Kahlid was captured when? The current date is?

Ah, another of the Bush Legacy.
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:48 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
The screw up may just have more to do with the methods of obtaining "evidence" which could hinder its use in criminal or military proceedings.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:52 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
So it's 3rd down, with the ball on the home team's 4 yard line. When the the substitute quarterback blows the 3rd down, it is all his fault?
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:34 AM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
806 Posts
So far all you have is a "May" and you get all giddy thinking somehow this is a big fail for the admin ??
from the article
"President Barack Obama said in a CBS interview that he hasn't ruled out holding the trial in New York federal court but was taking into account the objections of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the city's police.:"

I know of one well known New Yorker that actually wants them to be tried as criminals and not soldiers to avoid honoring them as such and relishes the idea of them being brought back to where they committed their crimes

OP= Fail

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
So far all you have is a "May" and you get all giddy thinking somehow this is a big fail for the admin ??

imgumby
No, it's not just this one thing that makes this administration a big fail. It is the sum total of everything this ex-community organizer has tried. This article about says it like it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a4hIeftRVyvE

Man Up, Obama, or Make Way for President Palin: David Reilly

Commentary by David Reilly

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama is starting to look like the second coming of Jimmy Carter. If he’s going to avoid that fate, the president had better take radical action -- and fast.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:13 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...3-b2b06841eb57

A stupid idea to begin with, Obama and his clowns are going to try to come up with a good excuse why his screw up was either not a screw up, but a "mis-calculation" (aka, "screw up"), or that it was someone else's fault in the first place.

The good thing is that America is becoming more optimistic about the next three years because we don't really have a president anymore, just an empty suit with no ideas that work.

Of the approximately 150 terrorism related trials in the past ten years, all but seven have been done through the criminal courts.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:42 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog View Post
Of the approximately 150 terrorism related trials in the past ten years, all but seven have been done through the criminal courts.
And from what I recall of Bin Laden's driver amd the Australian, military sentencing was less severe than what could have been expected in a criminal court
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Feb 12, 2010, 01:20 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
I see. 9-11 happend when? Kahlid was captured when? The current date is?

Ah, another of the Bush Legacy.
Just curious... where in your head does any of that have to do with the subject matter of the thread?

On the other hand...

9-11 happened on 9-11, and Bush responded to it very well. So far, Obama has just let the Islamists walk all over him. So I don't mind making that comparison at all.

Kahlid was captured when?..
He was captured under Bush's watch. Your point is?

The current date is?... I don't know. Since up is down and down is up to a Liberal, I have no idea what date you think it is. Likely whatever date you declare it to be whether it's true or not.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
And from what I recall of Bin Laden's driver amd the Australian, military sentencing was less severe than what could have been expected in a criminal court
As cases may be...

My intended point being that criticism of civilian criminal courts being a choice that Obama or Holder has foolishly made seem spurious, given that their predecessors going back to Reagan's presidency have generally had the policy that terrorism jurisprudence was a criminal rather than military purview.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog