HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike_Then, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:33 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,525 Posts
Discussion
Gemini water maiden, Round II

The only thing that didn't survive the water maiden of my Gemini was the right aileron servo. Picked up another one the other day and installed it last night. I made a few more mods to the battery compartment so the battery fits better and now I'm satisfied with the way the hatch closes. The winds are supposed to me 5-10 MPH tomorrow so I'll try it again at City Lake. Brandon is going to meet me there with a little hovercraft that can hopefully get me back to shore should it flip over again. The big change was adding a 1/2 oz. of weight to the tail which now puts the balance at slightly tail heavy. It was pretty nose-heave before so this should prevent me from flipping over again... going to make sure the nose is as high as it can be for landing!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:12 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,525 Posts
Flew OK at the lake, still needs a lot of up-trim even though the balance is right. I wonder if I need to shim the motor? It doesn't dive under power so maybe that's not the problem. Landed OK on the water but it banged into the wooden barrier around the lake and broke the tip off one of the sponsons. Easy enough to fix but the sponson is slightly bent. Wonder if I can heat it up with a heat gun and bend it around a bit?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,525 Posts
Did the "Elapor Soup" trick with the piece that broke off and it bent back to the original shape just fine. Went out to the lake again today and flew it one more time. Had several water landings and didn't have a problem. The ducks, OTOH, weren't happy and I swear it looked like they were coming after it. I called it a day, happy with the performance.
RCG Plus Member