HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2010, 04:25 AM
Milton Keynes UK
Joined Aug 2006
85 Posts
Well Heres my Radian Mount, simply epoxy it to the top of the Radian on the CG point. Build up with foam & epoxy underneath the mount. Hero HD definatly my favourite camera. Not as neat as the other mount tho.

Heres one of my many Hd aerial Videos

GoPro HD, Black Rock Sands, Beach Aerial Video, Wales (7 min 44 sec)

Name: Photo0219.jpg
Views: 849
Size: 120.3 KB
Description:

Name: Photo0221.jpg
Views: 814
Size: 127.3 KB
Description:

Name: Photo0222.jpg
Views: 946
Size: 112.6 KB
Description:
concord12 is offline Find More Posts by concord12
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 06:51 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,620 Posts
I love that HeroHD mount !
.....man, that HeroHD VidCam is more than the plane......

I love that Radian !

....great work!

P.s
where in the UK is that....great scene....amazing.
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:14 AM
World's fastest crashes
Estonia
Joined Feb 2010
295 Posts
Is your Radian will bear this load? My Radian have serious problems with climbing :-(
siim227 is offline Find More Posts by siim227
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:13 AM
Milton Keynes UK
Joined Aug 2006
85 Posts
Radian's don't have problems climbing, if anything they climb to fast. Do you have the elevator set level, with Neutral stick.
The radian, will easy carry the Gopro Camera & more. Here is a video I did the other day, without the camera on board. Climbs like mad & goes real fast. In fact I managed to make the wings flap in a dive, it was so quick.

Parkzone Radian Rc glider, Superfast today (2 min 35 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim227 View Post
Is your Radian will bear this load? My Radian have serious problems with climbing :-(
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:19 AM
World's fastest crashes
Estonia
Joined Feb 2010
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by concord12 View Post
Radian's don't have problems climbing, if anything they climb to fast. Do you have the elevator set level, with Neutral stick.
The radian, will easy carry the Gopro Camera & more. Here is a video I did the other day, without the camera on board. Climbs like mad & goes real fast. In fact I managed to make the wings flap in a dive, it was so quick.
Yes, without a camera, Radian started and take height as the Rocket. But with a camera, climbing is a very tedious.
siim227 is offline Find More Posts by siim227
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:40 PM
Milton Keynes UK
Joined Aug 2006
85 Posts
Black Rock Sands, Near Porthmadog, North Wales
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:44 PM
Milton Keynes UK
Joined Aug 2006
85 Posts
Are you using a GoPro
I tried a JVC GRC1 which is lot taller than the Gopro & that really slowed things down on a windy day.

I also Mount the Gopro under the wing.

And I use a 35C 3 cell lipo 2.2amp rather than the stock battery that I think is only 20C & 1.3amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim227 View Post
Yes, without a camera, Radian started and take height as the Rocket. But with a camera, climbing is a very tedious.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 07:02 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
Hi there, I'm about to mount a GoPro onto a home-built flying wing (a zagi scaled to 66 inch span) and am unsure how to mount it...

The approach you guys have used of using the original fittings + the waterproof case looks nice and simple, but looks like it would add a lot of drag? Does this slow the Radian down a lot?

My other thought, was to skip using the GoPro case and embed the camera into the leading edge (with plenty of polystyrene around it for protection. I think this would be more aerodynamic, but a bit more effort... How safe do you think this would be for the camera?

Thanks in advance!
W_A_S_A is offline Find More Posts by W_A_S_A
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
I mounted the gopro on a servo that I glued in just behind the cockpit. I flip it wants in a while when I make a curve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PprWVB9xlz8
wingymaster is offline Find More Posts by wingymaster
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:49 AM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingymaster View Post
I mounted the gopro on a servo that I glued in just behind the cockpit. I flip it wants in a while when I make a curve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PprWVB9xlz8
Beautiful! Where is that?

It would be nice to kill the motor for a bit - it gets distracting. Gorgeous place to film though!
paxfish is offline Find More Posts by paxfish