SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:42 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,078 Posts
Discussion
the week my bank account cried...

well its been a expensive week for me. Paid all the bills and then decided that I just had to have everything I wanted...all at once. The order from hobbyking.com hit me for $100 5meters of LED light strips, single action air brush, 2 7.5 gram servos, 3 packs of micro JST extensions and a hobbyking windsock. Just couldn't help myself from buying the last one on that list it was 2.99 and I think it would at least be kinda useful where I fly at. I decided it was time to upgrade from the LiPo charger that I have to a better one where I can actually change the charge rate. That set me back $60 at Hobbypartz.com, not bad considering the charger I ordered is a Thunder AC6 AC/DC, LiPo, NiMH, NiCD, LiFePO4 (A123), can charge up to 5 amps, has 4 modes of charging (charge, discharge, storage, and balance), has a balance lead and comes with a computer program to track the progress of the battery you are charging. Not bad for $60 shipped, even if it only does half of what it claims. Finally found out my super chipmunk is actually a Carl Goldberg Chipmunk 400 and got my hands on the manual to see what battery it actually needs. So I ordered 2 "Chinese specials" or "Ebay batteries" 1500mAh 25C 11.1v batteries. Most people don't trust them but I have been flying on a pair of them for my slow stick for the longest time without having any problems. Last but not least I ordered several Hyperion 240mAh batteries for my micro sukhoi because it really needs better batteries.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Trinidad Scorpion
to remove ads between posts