HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:42 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,057 Posts
Discussion
the week my bank account cried...

well its been a expensive week for me. Paid all the bills and then decided that I just had to have everything I wanted...all at once. The order from hobbyking.com hit me for $100 5meters of LED light strips, single action air brush, 2 7.5 gram servos, 3 packs of micro JST extensions and a hobbyking windsock. Just couldn't help myself from buying the last one on that list it was 2.99 and I think it would at least be kinda useful where I fly at. I decided it was time to upgrade from the LiPo charger that I have to a better one where I can actually change the charge rate. That set me back $60 at Hobbypartz.com, not bad considering the charger I ordered is a Thunder AC6 AC/DC, LiPo, NiMH, NiCD, LiFePO4 (A123), can charge up to 5 amps, has 4 modes of charging (charge, discharge, storage, and balance), has a balance lead and comes with a computer program to track the progress of the battery you are charging. Not bad for $60 shipped, even if it only does half of what it claims. Finally found out my super chipmunk is actually a Carl Goldberg Chipmunk 400 and got my hands on the manual to see what battery it actually needs. So I ordered 2 "Chinese specials" or "Ebay batteries" 1500mAh 25C 11.1v batteries. Most people don't trust them but I have been flying on a pair of them for my slow stick for the longest time without having any problems. Last but not least I ordered several Hyperion 240mAh batteries for my micro sukhoi because it really needs better batteries.
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts