SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Mike_Then, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:07 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,063 Posts
Yippee!
I gots me a Micro Mustang

I sold my Ember 2 and Blade mSR to make room in my fleet for a Blade SR. The Blade mSR just didn't get flown and neither did the Ember 2. We had an indoor fly-in last year which is the reason why I got those aircraft in the first place. There hasn't been one since, so in the workshop they sat. Wouldn't you know it, we've got an indoor event coming up soon. As long as Horizon holds true to their word about the release date of the Blade SR, I should be good. However, I wanted something to fall back on just in case.

Not wanting to spend a lot of money, the search for a cheap micro began. Just when I thought all hope was lost, I happened upon a "trade-in" Micro Mustang at my LHS while buying parts. Slight chip in the wing, a little beat up but nothing major. BNF Mustang, charger, three 130 mAh batteries, and a spare prop/spinner to boot. $60 was too good to pass up (and he told me to bring it back if it didn't bind or fly) so I figured, what the heck? Now, if the winds outside would just settle down from the gusts of 50+ MPH I'll put the maiden on it.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:10 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,063 Posts
I flew it in the dark tonight for the first time like an idiot, and ended up crashing into the sidewalk when I lost sight of it. One wing is slightly creased and dented, and crunched the spinner. Thankfully the spinner took the brunt of the damage. I will have to see if I can repair it tomorrow. That sure was stupid!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans