HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:29 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Question
Fume extractor out there?

I build ALOT. I have been looking for a fume extractor for the hobby room and cant seem to find anything.

Any ideas?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
There was a guy at the Toledo show last year selling something called the "marriage saver". It was a sheet metal hood that was palced over your workspace with a fan and some sort of carbon filter that alomost looked like a furnace filter. He had it rigged up to vent out a basement window.

If one was industrious enough they could probably fabricate something like that themselves.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:10 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
That is about what I am looking for. Maybe out of blu core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
There was a guy at the Toledo show last year selling something called the "marriage saver". It was a sheet metal hood that was palced over your workspace with a fan and some sort of carbon filter that alomost looked like a furnace filter. He had it rigged up to vent out a basement window.

If one was industrious enough they could probably fabricate something like that themselves.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:21 PM
Joined Jul 2004
83 Posts
I put a dryer vent in my shop high on the wall. Then ran the 4"flex duct overhead and down to my bench. Mounted a muffen fan on the end and then set it on my bench where I need it. Sucks up dust and CA very well. Cheap too. Powered the ex-computer power supply fan with a wall wart power supply.
Tcat is online now Find More Posts by Tcat
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:42 PM
Joined Aug 2004
313 Posts
You can buy a cheap range hood for over your bench from H/D, a 3 x 10 to round adapter and pipe it out a window..............
poweredlawndart is offline Find More Posts by poweredlawndart
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:09 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
I have been thinking of upgrading the range hood in the kitchen and using the old one. I did not think of using pipe to a window

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredlawndart View Post
You can buy a cheap range hood for over your bench from H/D, a 3 x 10 to round adapter and pipe it out a window..............