to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2007, 01:31 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram

Guys like you make me sick!

I see all that green grass and open space you get to fly in and wow thats enough to make a guy move out of the city!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old May 01, 2007, 02:04 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
No, I only launched it one time and this is not it. I know someone from the media was video taping. But I have not seen the video.

This is me!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...70#post7322011
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2007, 02:24 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
It was nice meeting you as well. The Hodges gang is really a great bunch and I enjoyed hanging with you guys.
Canít wait too see the model finished? Take pics of the process and post them on the build thread if you want to. I will keep an eye on the Hodges calendar thanks!

Is this the event you were talking about?
Hodges Hobbies All-Electric Fly-In V2 9-29 Hodges Hobbies

That's the one!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
Old May 04, 2007, 05:29 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Hey, James!

Bob here- you know, the guy from Jacksonville that hovered around your booth at SEFF, broke down and bought the wing kit because you didn't have any built sets? Glad to see that you had such an intrest in the SSX, not surprising, though- the Slow Stick IS the most popular plane for beginners, AP, as well as the most seasoned flyer.

Looking forward to building the wings and I have a new fuselage for them as well as your landing gear. What about the Slow Stick X logo? Got some of them coming for purchase?

There was a guy at SEFF puting one together on the flight line that had his covered in transparent covering like my old faithfull below. Did you see it or did anyone get some pictures?

Speaking about pictures, have you thought of a photo page on your website with everyone's creations?

Just one of your newest fans!!!

B B
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Old May 04, 2007, 06:57 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrsn
Hey, James!

Bob here- you know, the guy from Jacksonville that hovered around your booth at SEFF, broke down and bought the wing kit because you didn't have any built sets? Glad to see that you had such an intrest in the SSX, not surprising, though- the Slow Stick IS the most popular plane for beginners, AP, as well as the most seasoned flyer.

Looking forward to building the wings and I have a new fuselage for them as well as your landing gear. What about the Slow Stick X logo? Got some of them coming for purchase?

There was a guy at SEFF puting one together on the flight line that had his covered in transparent covering like my old faithfull below. Did you see it or did anyone get some pictures?

Speaking about pictures, have you thought of a photo page on your website with everyone's creations?

Just one of your newest fans!!!

B B
I am getting decals cut next week. Do you have any idea what color you would like?
I saw the plane you were talking about, that was my friend Jerryís plane. Hate it when someone puts your design together better than you do. He is a true craftsman. Now I need to try and top him. Are you listening Jerry?
I will be selling decals in red blue and yellow. Special colors require 3 weeks notice; unless I happen to be ordering the same week. I will see if I can get a list of optional colors. Decals are $5.00 plus S&H. Special order colors are $7.00 plus S&H. I can also get them in a larger size thatís roughly Ĺ the wing. The larger decals are special order as well and are $12.00 plus S&H.

I have a link on my web page for customers to submit their pictures.

Thanks for your interest in the SSX

James J Karpy
CEO Millennium R/C
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2007, 03:36 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
James...I may have to settle for just a couple of lights inside the wing. Stringing a bunch of leds will get complicated and probably heavy. I was planning on around 30 or so leds but may have to settle for 10-15. I wish I knew someone that knew how to do them up right...I just rigged the last ones w/ telephone line wires and 2 AA batteries ans they worked fine but there was a lot of wire for just 10 leds. I'm still working on it because I want a wing full of light, lights! It is killing me to have this thing in a box waiting to be covered and can't because I had the bright idea to put lights inside the wing! Any suggestions, hints, tips??? How did you do you lights? They were pretty bright, could you do 4 instead of 2?
Old May 07, 2007, 04:06 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound
James...I may have to settle for just a couple of lights inside the wing. Stringing a bunch of leds will get complicated and probably heavy. I was planning on around 30 or so leds but may have to settle for 10-15. I wish I knew someone that knew how to do them up right...I just rigged the last ones w/ telephone line wires and 2 AA batteries ans they worked fine but there was a lot of wire for just 10 leds. I'm still working on it because I want a wing full of light, lights! It is killing me to have this thing in a box waiting to be covered and can't because I had the bright idea to put lights inside the wing! Any suggestions, hints, tips??? How did you do you lights? They were pretty bright, could you do 4 instead of 2?
Those planes at SEFF have me wanting to do the same thing. Post pics of what you have, please!

BB
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Old May 07, 2007, 04:11 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Bob, I have not even started the thing yet! Bummer! Me and my bright ideas! As soon as I get started I'll put some pics here or on my blog. It will be my first build/cover thread. I'm gonna have to get the little one too and make the covering identical...but first things first! LOL I gotta get busy! If it were not for the lights I'd already be done! Were you the one that had the twin AP slow stick? That was cool!
Old May 07, 2007, 08:27 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrsn
Those planes at SEFF have me wanting to do the same thing. Post pics of what you have, please!

BB
I use White LEDís in a parallel circuit. I also use very light magnet wire from Radio Shack.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2007, 02:58 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Any resistors or other gadgets? Or do ya run them straight to a battery source? Do leds come in different voltages?
Old May 08, 2007, 03:18 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Any resistors or other gadgets? Or do ya run them straight to a battery source? Do leds come in different voltages?
Yes, I would put a potentiometer in the circuit so you can adjust the brightness. You can also run it through a 1/2W 600 ohm resistor.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2007, 04:54 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Found some leds online..oznium.com i think. Will be here next week. I got 20 for a lil over $9 with resistors. Gotta get some of that "very light" wire, flux, and solder. Then I 'll be ready to get started...yes! a led between every rib in the wing may just wimp out and run 'em on a 9v batt! Really want to control from Tx though. Anyone know if I can just plug them into a spare RX channel???
Old May 14, 2007, 02:51 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Wow... nobody posted here since I did last??? Well I got my leds in the mail today. Now I just gotta get sone lightweight wire and I'm on my way. gonna have 20 in the wing...1 in every space. I'll take some pics as I go,showing my progress. jkarpy, would ya like me to post the SSX NiteStik lighting and covering pics in the SSX build thread? I'm definately gonna put it in my blog. But if you want them there I'll do that too. I hope I can cover it decently. I've only covered 1 plane and it turned out ok. This thing is gonna look awesome if it turns out like the pic in my head!
Old May 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Wow... nobody posted here since I did last??? Well I got my leds in the mail today. Now I just gotta get sone lightweight wire and I'm on my way. gonna have 20 in the wing...1 in every space. I'll take some pics as I go,showing my progress. jkarpy, would ya like me to post the SSX NiteStik lighting and covering pics in the SSX build thread? I'm definately gonna put it in my blog. But if you want them there I'll do that too. I hope I can cover it decently. I've only covered 1 plane and it turned out ok. This thing is gonna look awesome if it turns out like the pic in my head!
Sounds good, please feel free to post anything you want about your build. Did you look at Radio shack for the magnet wire? Just remember you got to burn off the shellac before you can solder to it.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread