SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 07, 2007, 04:29 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound
LOL....I only kill Tiger Sticks!!!! I've got the oldest slo stick in SW Ga.!!! lol Looks like I'm gonna have to retire it and morph it into a SSX after SEFF though. jkarpy...hang onto one for me! Kit will be fine...have never actually built a wing before. The SSX looks like a good start!!! JStone...you ever seen me kill anybody elses plane????? Do I look like Jay Lee?????
I am taking plenty of flyable “Demo Planes” with me to SEFF. Make sure you stop by and try one. I will have kits and ARF planes with me as well.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Ok for me if he kills it! I can sell you a new one.
As long as you sell it for free.... I'm there dood
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Mar 07, 2007, 09:11 PM
....PieMaster....
United States, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Jeff,
Did you start that wing yet? You plan to put lights on it? I think I will wait until you get yours finished before I get one.

Kenny
kave_man is offline Find More Posts by kave_man
Old Mar 07, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
No, I have to finish my boy's new room so I can move my RC shop into their old one.... If you want to come help, I'll be happy to let you......
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Mar 07, 2007, 10:14 PM
EDF Addicted
United States, FL, High Springs
Joined Sep 2005
5,440 Posts
J,I'll be at SEFF just not sure with what yet. The last 4 nights were just sitting at the comp basically.
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Mar 07, 2007, 10:21 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
J,I'll be at SEFF just not sure with what yet. The last 4 nights were just sitting at the comp basically.
Move away from the computer and start building.

What are you doing here still?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2007, 10:26 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icrashedthecub
Jeff,
Did you start that wing yet? You plan to put lights on it? I think I will wait until you get yours finished before I get one.

Kenny
icrashedthecub, man that should be my screen name. I have a Sig 1/6 scale cub I built and crashed, repaired and crashed and repaired and crashed and now I am repairing again for conversion to electric. Love cubs anyway!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2007, 03:24 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
He almost had a chance to change it to icrashedthetigermoth a while back, but some high weeds saved it! LOL I told you not to fly to the East early in the morning, Kenny!!!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2007, 03:38 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Build Video

Is anyone building an SSX now? I am looking for feedback. Are the build videos helping? Does anyone want a covering video?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2007, 04:58 PM
Pasco County Florida
Joined Dec 2006
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Is anyone building an SSX now? I am looking for feedback. Are the build videos helping? Does anyone want a covering video?
Not right now, but in a day or two- time permitting. My kit just a few minutes ago showed up via Fedex from Graves. I have not opened the plastic wrap but everything looks good from what I can see through the plastic.

I have not watched the build videos. I have downloaded them though and will watch them and leave some feedback.

Bob
Bayward is offline Find More Posts by Bayward
Old Mar 08, 2007, 08:51 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayward
Not right now, but in a day or two- time permitting. My kit just a few minutes ago showed up via Fedex from Graves. I have not opened the plastic wrap but everything looks good from what I can see through the plastic.

I have not watched the build videos. I have downloaded them though and will watch them and leave some feedback.

Bob
Congratulations you are the first to buy a kit online from Graves. It has only been available online for a few weeks. Let me know how your build goes. I would like to see pictures if you don’t mind. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

James Karpy
CEO Millennium R/C
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:17 PM
Pasco County Florida
Joined Dec 2006
1,111 Posts
Quote:
I started another thread showing my build. My feedback is all positive at this point. The kit is very well done. The parts fit is superb. I watched your build videos, very good. You do need better lighting though. The vids were a little dark on my monitor. I would like to see a covering video.

How about the Slow Stick X logo you show on your wings ? Do you custom do each one, or did you have some made up ? I want to do something to the top of my wing for aesthetics and for visual orientation while flying.

Bob
Bayward is offline Find More Posts by Bayward
Old Mar 12, 2007, 08:29 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayward
I started another thread showing my build. My feedback is all positive at this point. The kit is very well done. The parts fit is superb. I watched your build videos, very good. You do need better lighting though. The vids were a little dark on my monitor. I would like to see a covering video.

How about the Slow Stick X logo you show on your wings ? Do you custom do each one, or did you have some made up ? I want to do something to the top of my wing for aesthetics and for visual orientation while flying.

Bob
Thanks for the positive feedback!

The covering video is in the works for this week. I need to build some samples to send to China for ARF production and plan to video tape the process. I will try and improve the lighting. I can give you a PDF or DXF of the logo. I am having more decals cut this week. They cost about $5.00 each for the large set. At least that is what he charged me last time. I can ship one to you. Let me know what color you need. If you are good at covering I have some laser cut Monokote logos cut already. They only work well when you use them on top of Monokote. You can e-mail me directly for details on shipping.

Saw your build thread, good job! How long did it take? Those are not mistakes you made, they are “variations”. E-mail me directly through Millenniumrc.com. We can talk about the decal.

For those interested in seeing Bayward’s build, here is the link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655514
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:59 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Jul 2005
264 Posts
Quote:
This is my night flyer.
Which E-flite Park outrunner is that?
LandCruiser is offline Find More Posts by LandCruiser
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
EDF Addicted
United States, FL, High Springs
Joined Sep 2005
5,440 Posts
if i remember right the motor on his night flier is a park 450,I had a blast flying it and could even barely hover
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Closed Thread