looks great James.ar7000 thats a serious rx ya got on there
Ya I know it's over kill.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:45 PM
Joined Apr 2008
20 Posts
Finished

After putting it off for too long, I finally finished my X Trainer. It has a Heads Up RC 2830-09 motor, GWS EP1060 prop, Rihno 3s 1350 30C lipo battery pack, and a 30amp RC Smart ESC.

I have it balanced and ready to go, just waiting on a better day to make my first flight with it. Winds today were gusty about 25 to 30 mph today.

It is covered in transparent red Ultracote Light, and black and white 1/2 inch squares on the bottom for better visibility due to my bad eye.

Just thought I would add some photos to this thread. Thanks for the great wing kit and landing gear James.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
saito56 is offline Find More Posts by saito56
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:07 PM
East Coast Slacker
Berwick, Maine
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
Looks great!!!!
mbragdon is offline Find More Posts by mbragdon
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saito56 View Post
After putting it off for too long, I finally finished my X Trainer. It has a Heads Up RC 2830-09 motor, GWS EP1060 prop, Rihno 3s 1350 30C lipo battery pack, and a 30amp RC Smart ESC.

I have it balanced and ready to go, just waiting on a better day to make my first flight with it. Winds today were gusty about 25 to 30 mph today.

It is covered in transparent red Ultracote Light, and black and white 1/2 inch squares on the bottom for better visibility due to my bad eye.

Just thought I would add some photos to this thread. Thanks for the great wing kit and landing gear James.
Looks good, where is the CG? I am guessing it nose heavy based on the position of the wing. I am finding they fly better with the CG 3/4" back from the spar. I recommend moving the wing forward more so it will not be pitch sensitive.

Go back a few pages and look at the pictures of my plane I posted. Notice how far forward my wing is?

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:15 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
looks like there is plenty of room to move the lg worward to bring the wing up..covering looks fantastic.i am a checker lover too lolol
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
I am starting the build on Liquidity's new SSX tonight. I'll try and do a build thread on it...
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:00 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcproptester View Post
I am starting the build on Liquidity's new SSX tonight. I'll try and do a build thread on it...
Hell ya!! Make it AWESOME, so all the none cool people here will be jealous
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Sure!

here is the log if anyone is interested.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post14180296
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Jan 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
James,

Will you have some ARFs at SEFF? I need a new one and don't have time to build and cover one.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 26, 2010, 09:23 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
James,

Will you have some ARFs at SEFF? I need a new one and don't have time to build and cover one.

Diggs
Hi Diggs, How are you? It's not likely that we will have ARFs by SEFF but we are working on it.

Maybe you can get Jeff to build you one.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2010, 05:30 AM
Joined Apr 2008
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Looks good, where is the CG? I am guessing it nose heavy based on the position of the wing. I am finding they fly better with the CG 3/4" back from the spar. I recommend moving the wing forward more so it will not be pitch sensitive.

Go back a few pages and look at the pictures of my plane I posted. Notice how far forward my wing is?

James
I have it balanced on the main spar, and it is 5 1/2 inch from the front of the stick to the front of the wing.
saito56 is offline Find More Posts by saito56
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:53 AM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,763 Posts
I finally moved the C G back about 3/4' behind the spar and it does improve the flight characteristics significantly over on the spar C G.

It is like adding power steering and it doesnt have any negative affects at all. Inverted flight is identical to upright flight as far as the right stick is concerned.
jamesppp is online now Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:14 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saito56 View Post
I have it balanced on the main spar, and it is 5 1/2 inch from the front of the stick to the front of the wing.
that 5.5" distance assumes you will have the motor mounted on the inside of the motor mount. Fly it the way it is and if you need a lot of up trim, go back and move the wing forward. A longer tail makes for a more stable aircraft.

James
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread