HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Hi Speedy
That must have been a panic attack, Did you do a range check before you flew? I did one with mine and it seemed to have more range than my DX6i. I also noticed the improved response over the DX6i.
VP
VP, I did do a range check and all seemed well. I range checked to 60 paces, signal was good. Luckily I was up about 200' when it happened, so I had plenty of time to pull out of the dive. Makes me wonder though, I always fly at the same airfield, have flown that rotation many times with that plane on my DX6i, but never once had that happen.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:55 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
I am updated to V 1.01 and already it is outdated! I am looking forward to the next update! This is cool!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:12 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuhn1 View Post
The links to V1.01 and the registration site were posted just a bit prematurely. This version was setup earlier last week for internal testing of the site with the idea that we would announce the registration site today or tomorrow with the the latest update.

We've been testing v1.02 and expect to make it available shortly. This version does address the gyro switch select issue along with a couple others.

Thanks for you support and patience.

Chris Huhn
Spektrum
Hi Chris thanks for the clarification on this and it's good to hear these updates coming out to fix issues.

Do you know if this will be addressed in this next update?

When turning on the TX for the 1st time and plugging the lipo in, the wheels on my scale heli would from the down position retract, even tho the switch is in the down position resulting in the heli dropping on to it's belly then the wheels would come out again!!
However if you leave the TX on and unplug the lipo and then plug it back in the wheels stay put!! Which is what it should do!! This is easy to replicate as it happens every time.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,484 Posts
Re-bind with the gear switch in the position you want them to be when you power up the model. (With ALL switches/sticks in the position you want them to be).

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,089 Posts
Don't know if it's the problem with yours Topgear, but with the DX7, if you bind it with the gear switch up, thats what it will do, cycle down, then up. You might try binding it with the gear switch in the down position. Worth a try.

Gord
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:25 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
However if you leave the TX on and unplug the lipo and then plug it back in the wheels stay put!!
Probably because the quick reconnect feature finds the tx instantly (since it's on the same channels as before) so no need to go to failsafe while looking.
Dave H. is online now Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
140 Posts
y do u need 2 register w/radio# 2 c dx8 bug fix site??????????? buy 2 try?????
sabbysynco is offline Find More Posts by sabbysynco
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:56 AM
Medium Rare
Sweden
Joined Jun 2010
111 Posts
I think they should make a option in the menu to disable the sound when you are scrolling the menu.

Its hard to explain but sometimes when i scroll down it beeps and suddenly it has a different beep sound sometimes, this irritates me

I think they should have more languages available too.
Svensson is offline Find More Posts by Svensson
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
so..that connector fits every type of balance connector? I think not....
yes bro. v telem worx w/all 1-6 cells w/no soldering
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:03 PM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,002 Posts
chuhn1,

Thanks for the info. I just now registered my DX8, and I await update 1.02 with held breath

Note: The Spektrum update Web site states that the update you load into your DX8 is specific to your transmitter with its serial number. Interesting. Does that suggest that different batches of TXs will get different updates?

Jim R.
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:08 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbysynco View Post
y do u need 2 register w/radio# 2 c dx8 bug fix site??????????? buy 2 try?????
Please do not use text/shorthand typing. It is not received well in this forum. Type in full words apart from common lingual or technical abbreviasions like CCPM, DSM, LOL, etc.
Bowerz is online now Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
You need to think outside the box a little here.

Buy the DX8 as is, sell the telemetry items to other flyers...the separate items are not yet available from Spektrum and would likely be quickly snapped up. That reduces the cost of the radio by 50-75 bucks.

If you don't want DX8 telemetry and have other Spektrum RX units, sell the 8 channel RX that comes with the DX8, as well. that would reduce the cost of the system by another 100-120 bucks, as the new RX is not separately available, and it would be snapped up as well.

Thus, you could end up with the DX8 Tx, charger and Tx battery for something like 235 to 280...a bargain.
the rx is np. tm100 is telem mod. is tm1000 4 dx8 only?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:51 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Please do not use text/shorthand typing. It is not received well in this forum. Type in full words apart from common lingual or technical abbreviasions like CCPM, DSM, LOL, etc.
I agree, but since he's still doing it(and on the very next post after yours at that), and ignoring you I suggest we ignore him in return untill he starts typing in plain english and in full words.

Being ignored is the only thing worse than being flamed.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
Airspeed, altitude, and brains
Wolverine MI Northern Lower Peninsula
Joined Feb 2009
439 Posts
Ignore who?
flightphotog is offline Find More Posts by flightphotog
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:15 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
I am wondering about the inactivity warning. After 10 minutes of no inputs on the DX8, the alarms sounds. How long will the alarms sound? Will the TX turn itself off? It seems to me if I leave on my TX and then leave the location where the Tx is before 10 minutes, the battery willl surely go dead.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)