HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Hi Andy. I was wondering if it will be possible in the future to get more options when assigning switches to cannels and mixes in the DX8? I often run into problems when trying to assign different mixes to different positions on the same three-way switch ( at the moment only possible on the flight mode switch and even on this I have to make a extra ”canceling mix” in order to assign anything to pos. ”0”). On ore toe virtual channels for using wit the trim buttons witch could then be used for input for the mixes, would also give a lot of programming possibilities.

Best regarts: Troels
Troels H is offline Find More Posts by Troels H
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:50 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
I've done quite a bit of searching in this thread but i am still unclear of the advantage of going to 11ms on my plane that just got converted to all digital servos. its a 25% $1200 plane setup so i'm a little weary of changing even more at this point but wanted to know if i had anything additional to gain from my new servos other than precision and holding power. Also does this affect ESC operation at all, i've already learned that it does nothing for the rudder.
Using digital servo's you would be far better switching to 11ms, it will give you more precise and faster response time.. However whether you do or don't use 11ms.. Don't not use the built-in bec from your ESC! (you may already know this), If you are flying a 25% scale use a completely different power supply and regulator for the servo's. (using 11ms will be slightly more power hungry because of the above reasons)
If the questions was using 11ms on the ESC it won't make much difference, slightly quicker response, always a good thing, Personnel if it was me with that set-up I would most definitely use 11ms
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Jun 2008
97 Posts
Isn't 11ms channels ailerons, elevator and pitch/2nd aileron only, the rest still normal mode.
krazy2 is online now Find More Posts by krazy2
Last edited by krazy2; Feb 07, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,650 Posts
Yes. Only on three channels (ail, ele, pitch). The Servos normally used for a swashplate. It's just for the paper, you won't notice the difference.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teryn1 View Post
you will see very little of that I promise. The DX8 support and features will stagnate as all resources will go to the DX18 and future radios. Anything else you hear is just sales talk.
Au contraire! I think you'll like what we have in store for the next release!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:42 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troels H View Post
Hi Andy. I was wondering if it will be possible in the future to get more options when assigning switches to cannels and mixes in the DX8? I often run into problems when trying to assign different mixes to different positions on the same three-way switch ( at the moment only possible on the flight mode switch and even on this I have to make a extra ”canceling mix” in order to assign anything to pos. ”0”). On ore toe virtual channels for using wit the trim buttons witch could then be used for input for the mixes, would also give a lot of programming possibilities.

Best regarts: Troels
Hello Troels!

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Do you mean, for example, that you want Mix 1 to be active with a switch (call it Switch A) in position 0, Mix 2 to be active in position 1, and Mix 3 to be active in position 2?

If yes, right now the screens do not allow access to the fields to make that possible. The DX10t and DX18 include that capability, so yes, it is potentially possible that we would some day enable access to the data in that manner on the screens in the DX7s and DX8.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Yes that was what I meant; the option is short of there already but only on the flight mode switch. you can assign a mix to fm-1, fm-2 and fm-1,2 but not fm-0
Troels H is offline Find More Posts by Troels H
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
... If yes, right now the screens do not allow access to the fields to make that possible. The DX10t and DX18 include that capability, so yes, it is potentially possible that we would some day enable access to the data in that manner on the screens in the DX7s and DX8. Andy
Nice. SPM maybe?
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Quote:

Andy
WOOHOO!!! Configurable Inactivity Timer!!!

(sorry, couldn't help myself )
Dodge DeBoulet is offline Find More Posts by Dodge DeBoulet
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,874 Posts
Quote:

Andy
Any word on when this release will get out in the wild, whatever it beholds?
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
WOOHOO!!! Configurable Inactivity Timer!!!

(sorry, couldn't help myself )
WooHoo! Legible Trims Display!

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:48 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Any word on when this release will get out in the wild, whatever it beholds?
As always, we don't publish our update schedule.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. i will try the 11ms setting and see how i like it. and no, i do not use the internal BEC. anything above 50" gets an external castle bec, usually the bec pro because i like to overdo things.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
.... anything above 50" gets an external castle bec, ...
That's good but SIZE shouldn't be the deciding factor.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,127 Posts
Quote:
As always, we don't publish our update schedule.

Andy
So your wife never knows when or if you will show up for dinner?
bad idea!
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson