HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:12 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,544 Posts
It's a horse of course...

Stop the presses. Stop the presses. There's a race horse named Victory Pete (#6) running in the San Antonio Stakes at Santa Anita today. VP lifetime performance is 3 wins for 23 starts. Finished third out of seven horses. Not bad...
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:44 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Stop the presses. Stop the presses. There's a race horse named Victory Pete (#6) running in the San Antonio Stakes at Santa Anita today. VP lifetime performance is 3 wins for 23 starts. Finished third out of seven horses. Not bad...
And I am really tired, I think I will rest before "The Big Game".

VP

PS Go "Pats"!
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Had a weird event at the field today. Turned on radio and no display, blank like it wasn't powered up but there was a little vibrate going on, you could feel and hear it but not as loud and potent as the activity alarm.

I checked all my switches like flaps etc. all in correct position. I turned it off and tried again. Same thing. I cycled power like 5-6 times and the display came up and no vibration, all was good from that point. Batt is fully charged.

Anybody seen this yet ?
PM me. I would like to talk to you about this. You have PM and E-mail disabled. Thanks.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:03 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
PS Go "Pats"!
The New Jersey team is going to win, Pete.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:35 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The New Jersey team is going to win, Pete.

Andy
We were both "Non-Victorious"!

VP
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:23 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,233 Posts
No, we were quite victorious, Pete. So much so that we couldn't even NOT make a touchdown when trying not to!

My wife came home last night and said that our home team won (lived 43 of my 48 years in NJ). Kind of fun, because a good friend lives about 5 minutes from the New England stadium.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
No, we were quite victorious, Pete. So much so that we couldn't even NOT make a touchdown when trying not to!

My wife came home last night and said that our home team won (lived 43 of my 48 years in NJ). Kind of fun, because a good friend lives about 5 minutes from the New England stadium.

Andy
What NJ team are you refering to?

VP

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Giants Well that doesnt make sense! Semantics again! Congratulations, they played well!

PS Was your wife at the game?
Last edited by Victory Pete; Feb 06, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,233 Posts
Yeah, too many people think the Jets and Giants are NY teams. That's just a name they put on them so we can suck money out of Manhattan

No, we live in IL. She was with friends from church watching the game. Football bores me; I was home surfing and watching Veggie Tales and old classic movies. I was down and out, finishing up the last of a allergic reaction to zip kicker Friday afternoon.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, too many people think the Jets and Giants are NY teams. That's just a name they put on them so we can suck money out of Manhattan

No, we live in IL. She was with friends from church watching the game. Football bores me; I was home surfing and watching Veggie Tales and old classic movies. I was down and out, finishing up the last of a allergic reaction to zip kicker Friday afternoon.

Andy
I only follow the Pats when there are important games, I am a Red Sox fan, while the games are on I go about my usual activities and try to pay attention. I watch TCM the same way. Dont sniff so much glue next time!

VP
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:12 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I only follow the Pats when there are important games, I am a Red Sox fan, while the games are on I go about my usual activities and try to pay attention. I watch TCM the same way. Dont sniff so much glue next time!

VP
Pete - You need to follow horse racing after your namesake...
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
989 Posts
I'm looking forward to the fallout from the DX-18 to our DX-8's!!!!!!!

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:09 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
I've done quite a bit of searching in this thread but i am still unclear of the advantage of going to 11ms on my plane that just got converted to all digital servos. its a 25% $1200 plane setup so i'm a little weary of changing even more at this point but wanted to know if i had anything additional to gain from my new servos other than precision and holding power. Also does this affect ESC operation at all, i've already learned that it does nothing for the rudder.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Feb 06, 2012, 08:06 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
if you are using the escs bec then extra power draw from servos result in more heat on the esc
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 06, 2012, 08:49 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
you will see very little of that I promise. The DX8 support and features will stagnate as all resources will go to the DX18 and future radios. Anything else you hear is just sales talk.

There is zero marketing advantage to adding any further to the DX8. It is what it is. At least it is safe to fly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer View Post
I'm looking forward to the fallout from the DX-18 to our DX-8's!!!!!!!

L.
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teryn1 View Post
you will see very little of that I promise. The DX8 support and features will stagnate as all resources will go to the DX18 and future radios. Anything else you hear is just sales talk.

There is zero marketing advantage to adding any further to the DX8. It is what it is. At least it is safe to fly now.
Looks like someone had to sleep on the couch last night.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal