HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:27 PM
Österreich, Bgld., Oberpullendorf
Joined Aug 2011
20 Posts
Hi,

no whining, just funny:
I'm just watching the DX10 workshop broadcast on rc-modellscout.de.
Guess whats happened with the tansmitter in the front of the camera, while the guys were talking about the hardware? Yes, the inactivity timer red-alerted, causing the camera-guy almost to panic

btw: interesting functions are in there, hope some of them find their way to the dx8, too.

bye,
Martin

Edit: they gave no Infos to the DX18 rumours. Just that we've to wait for the show in Nuernberg...
mfsmfs is offline Find More Posts by mfsmfs
Last edited by mfsmfs; Jan 25, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsmfs View Post
Hi,

no whining, just funny:
I'm just watching the DX10 workshop broadcast on rc-modellscout.de.
Guess whats happened with the tansmitter in the front of the camera, while the guys were talking about the hardware? Yes, the inactivity timer red-alerted, causing the camera-guy almost to panic

btw: interesting functions are in there, hope some of them find their way to the dx8, too.

bye,
Martin
Can you post a link?

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall_l View Post
I know RPL has a very small interpreter and is easy to learn.
Enjoy them on your PC!

http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:59 PM
Just here for the pie.
Canada, BC, Ashcroft
Joined Jun 2011
393 Posts
I've been using hpcalc since 1998--about the same time I tossed off the Microsoft shackles and started using Linux.

Thanks Andy.

Cheers!
Randall
randall_l is offline Find More Posts by randall_l
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,247 Posts
Linux - another favorite of the developer team here! We have systems running Ubuntu, Fedora, and Centos, and probably others.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2010
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall_l View Post
I had a HP48S that had 32K system ROM and 32K RAM--of which the RPL interpreter took up about 6K of ROM. On it's 4MHz Saturn CPU, I was able to write a complete graphic shell and several apps (spreadsheet, word processor, etc.). All in about 12K RAM (of 32K available).
Love those HP calcs, they're high quality devices. The 16C, 41CX and 48S are all fun. I had a long line of early Ti calcs too, but they're low quality. Their keyboards crap out right away. I must have went through three Ti-59s before I gave up and purchased an HP.
LizardMan is offline Find More Posts by LizardMan
Last edited by LizardMan; Jan 25, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Linux - another favorite of the developer team here! We have systems running Ubuntu, Fedora, and Centos, and probably others.
Same here, plus Scientific Linux, Slackware, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and at times Solaris. It was a sad day when Oracle purchased Sun and trashed everything. Solaris is unsupportable in anything other than an enterprise environment now. The only thing left that's unmolested is VirtualBox.
LizardMan is offline Find More Posts by LizardMan
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:16 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,691 Posts
@Andy: Just a question regarding the TM1000. In the specs the operational voltage is up to 9.6V, but the RX volts only up to 8V. Does that mean with a 2S HV setup the max. voltage displayed is 8V ? I know, the 8,4V will drop very fast, but....

I need a second voltage input. On my next T-Rex 700 I plan to use a second LiPo for RX/servos, with a BEC. I would need the voltage for flight pack, RX pack and RX. I planned to connect the RX, FBL and TM directly to the RX pack, the servos using the BEC. I tought i can monitor the second pack this way....
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:30 PM
Deutschland, Bayern, München
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
I have an additional 2s Lipo plugged into my RX as an backup in an HV system. Fully charged I get 8.4V in the display.
tachy kard is offline Find More Posts by tachy kard
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,691 Posts
Cool !
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:37 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Can you post a link?

VP
Can you note paste the partial url into a search engine?
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:44 AM
Österreich, Bgld., Oberpullendorf
Joined Aug 2011
20 Posts
Hi,

the workshop was a broadcasted livestream, it's not recorded anywhere afaik.

Just a small test article is available (in german):
http://www.rc-modellscout.de/test-pu...bby-26551.html

bye,
Martin
mfsmfs is offline Find More Posts by mfsmfs
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:08 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
233 Posts
Andy .... a couple of DX8 questions / suggestions:

1) You gave a guy some advice a while ago ... he was trying to put power and flap on the throttle stick. One of the limitations in the solution you gave was the limit of the throttle subtrim to 125H/L. I know this can be worked around using a (valuable) mix. Is there any intention to increase this rather arbitary limit?? Is it there to try to save us from ourselves and stop us overdriving servos?

2) Why do Spektrum use those binding buttons on the TM units? I find it rather fiddly trying to hold the button in whilst connecting a battery with the other hand ..... would a jumper plug or slide switch be more user friendly? The jumper plug would also probably be lighter, cheaper and more in line with what we do on the rx when binding.

Cheers ..... 744
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:06 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 744drv View Post
Andy .... a couple of DX8 questions / suggestions:

1) You gave a guy some advice a while ago ... he was trying to put power and flap on the throttle stick. One of the limitations in the solution you gave was the limit of the throttle subtrim to 125H/L. I know this can be worked around using a (valuable) mix. Is there any intention to increase this rather arbitary limit?? Is it there to try to save us from ourselves and stop us overdriving servos?

2) Why do Spektrum use those binding buttons on the TM units? I find it rather fiddly trying to hold the button in whilst connecting a battery with the other hand ..... would a jumper plug or slide switch be more user friendly? The jumper plug would also probably be lighter, cheaper and more in line with what we do on the rx when binding.

Cheers ..... 744
for No.2 .. in the box there is a small plastic "pen" that holds the tm bind button for you.. it's not difficult at all to bind. it's easier than the bind plug actually
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
for No.2 .. in the box there is a small plastic "pen" that holds the tm bind button for you.. it's not difficult at all to bind. it's easier than the bind plug actually
Yep, I've got the 'pen' .... but you still have to keep that held in position while trying to connect a battery. My solution was that I would make up an intermediate connector between my battery and esc with a switch on it .... trying to 'make do' with the poor design of the TM. A bind plug on the other hand is something that makes a good solid uninterrupted connection and stays that way until you remove it. No need to keep a hand there holding just the right amount of pressure to hold the contact .... whilst not pressing so hard as to damage this delicate switch.
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv