HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:31 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Something like this you mean.

When you have been here for quite some time you come to know that people just rather ask here then have to read manuals.

There is a thread here just on calibrating.
I know that therad.
I agree on the bad habit of not reading the manuals and ask on the forum.
But I am convinced that the manufacturer sholuld update the product manual, if the product is changed (even if no one will read the manual ).
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:11 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
just tried the telemetry.. working JUUUST fine... 128km/h on the test flight
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:25 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
or if you combine 2 of the existing receivers
Considering the way you add sensors to the tm1000 with the xbus im pretty convinced that spektrum has already achieved this but havent announced it yet.

Maybe andy can enlighten us leak it leak it leak it
It's called XPlus, it's already described in the DX10t stuff online. You get 8 additional fully-proportional channels. There is a serial connection between the base receiver (AR10000) and the XPlus module (basically it looks like an AR10000 without the antennas).

The XPlus channels have all the same controls as the normal channels - mixing, input assignments, speed controls, travel, balancing, etc. They're perfect for scale modelers for operating retracts, opening canopies, bomb drops, etc.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:28 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Something like this you mean.

When you have been here for quite some time you come to know that people just rather ask here then have to read manuals.

There is a thread here just on calibrating.
• Users are now able to calibrate the knob and both stick in both axes. This is done by selecting NEXT several times from the System Setup menu. Move the sticks in a “+” format, NOT in an X or O. It is important not to push the sticks to the corners.

Those aren't instructions. There a quick brief of the new feature and the thread on calibrating is lacking a complete how to. The info is there for the most part but its all hacked up.

I finally updated and calibrated mine last night. I had to wade thru a you tube video, a couple threads and then several posts before I got all the info I needed to be successful.

Well I thought was successfule anyways I went back to Andys thread this morning and saw the post about a stick not being centered and the guy had to push it left to get it to change to OK so he could roll over to Save. I had to do that too with my right stick. I pushed it over to the left, got OK and barely held pressure just enuf to keep save there, rolled to Save and saved it. I se Andys reply to that post and see I was supposed to get Save to appear, roll to Save then center the stick and click Save.

I recalibrated mine this am. Oh also this am is when I found out what knob they are talking about and what I was supposed to do with that.

I had no idea I was supposed to calibrate Aux 3 knob or how !!!!

Some step by step instructions, pdf. would be in order and then you could print them out and add them to your manual.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:30 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Some step by step instructions, pdf. would be in order and then you could print them out and add them to your manual.
We're working on that.

Did you watch the John Redman video? That's about as step-by-step as it comes.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,514 Posts
I understand what you are saying. BUT
Quote:
... Oh also this am is when I found out what knob they are talking about and what I was supposed to do with that.

I had no idea I was supposed to calibrate Aux 3 knob or how !!!!
I did not think there was more then one knob on the radio. AUX3 has nothing to do with the knob since this is only default channel assigned to it.

But I get what you are saying. Once they create this new memo/instructions we will be providing it to almost every body else who just want to ask here instead of reading anyways. RIGHT?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,920 Posts
Quote:
I understand what you are saying. BUT I did not think there was more then one knob on the radio. AUX3 has nothing to do with the knob since this is only default channel assigned to it.

But I get what you are saying. Once they create this new memo/instructions we will be providing it to almost every body else who just want to ask here instead of reading anyways. RIGHT?
Well my knob is labeled Aux 3 so thats the knob I calibrated. Maybe others knobs are labeled differently ?

I could probably do a written step by step instructions by memory but I need to get back to work .
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
We're working on that.

Did you watch the John Redman video? That's about as step-by-step as it comes.

Andy
Ya know that might have been the video I watched. It was a pretty good one but he has you go into mode 4 then shutdown, startup then switch back to Mode 2 and start up and it would go directly to calibrate . My radio wouldnt do that. I just went to system setings, next, next, next etc and calibrate.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,514 Posts
Thats the old way of accessing the calibration menu, now its down threw menu directly.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:01 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,883 Posts
Quote:
Ya know that might have been the video I watched. It was a pretty good one but he has you go into mode 4 then shutdown, startup then switch back to Mode 2 and start up and it would go directly to calibrate . My radio wouldnt do that. I just went to system setings, next, next, next etc and calibrate.
That was not it. The one I'm talking about is probably on Horizon's YouTube page, and it documents the 2.03 update.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:18 AM
Slipping the surly bonds...
Elizabethton, TN
Joined Jan 2003
192 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone have a similar problem with the Turnigy 4000 mah DX8 battery? I purchased two of them, and they both had a problem once fully charged. From the factory, they were displaying 7.7v, and both worked fine in the DX8. Then, I plugged in the charger and let them charge over night. In the morning, when I turned on the xmitter, the screen would just flash quickly and then go black. Both batteries did the exact same thing. I soldered on a pigtail to each so that I could check the voltage and charge/discharge thru my normal lipo charger. The voltage was 8.37 on both, so the wall charger and DX8 did shut off properly at 8.4 volts. However, I had to discharge both batteries down to 8.1 volts before they would work in the DX8. Haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the DX8 working with this lipo at full charge, but I have two batteries and at 8.4, neither work. Anyone seen this?

Bill
summitbill is offline Find More Posts by summitbill
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:19 AM
Slipping the surly bonds...
Elizabethton, TN
Joined Jan 2003
192 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone have a similar problem with the Turnigy 4000 mah DX8 battery? I purchased two of them, and they both had a problem once fully charged. From the factory, they were displaying 7.7v, and both worked fine in the DX8. Then, I plugged in the charger and let them charge over night. In the morning, when I turned on the xmitter, the screen would just flash quickly and then go black. Both batteries did the exact same thing.

I soldered on a pigtail to each so that I could check the voltage and charge/discharge thru my normal lipo charger. The voltage was 8.37 on both, so the wall charger and DX8 did shut off properly at 8.4 volts. However, I had to discharge both batteries down to 8.1 volts before they would work in the DX8. Haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the DX8 working with this lipo at full charge, but I have two batteries and at 8.4, neither work. Anyone seen this?

Bill
summitbill is offline Find More Posts by summitbill
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,514 Posts
I have the stock lipo and at 8.4 my DX8 does not display this issue. Would be interesting for you to try a stock lipo if you know where to barrow one and test. Could possibly something wrong with the TX.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:47 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,126 Posts
A lipo is a lipo is a lipo, 8.4 Volts is 8.4 Volts!!!

For what's its worth double check that voltage on two or more meters.

My 2 cents.

MIke R
mikeruth is online now Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:04 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitbill View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone have a similar problem with the Turnigy 4000 mah DX8 battery? I purchased two of them, and they both had a problem once fully charged. From the factory, they were displaying 7.7v, and both worked fine in the DX8. Then, I plugged in the charger and let them charge over night. In the morning, when I turned on the xmitter, the screen would just flash quickly and then go black. Both batteries did the exact same thing.

I soldered on a pigtail to each so that I could check the voltage and charge/discharge thru my normal lipo charger. The voltage was 8.37 on both, so the wall charger and DX8 did shut off properly at 8.4 volts. However, I had to discharge both batteries down to 8.1 volts before they would work in the DX8. Haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the DX8 working with this lipo at full charge, but I have two batteries and at 8.4, neither work. Anyone seen this?

Bill
That is indeed a weird problem Bill. I wonder.., you did set the DX8 up in it's battery type menu when changing from NiMH to LiPo I assume? Others have reported success with the Turnigy packs, and 8.37 VDC is well within the full charge specs. for 2S packs.

It will be a week or so yet before my LiPo packs arrive. Then I'll be able to report back, etc.
-Byron
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Last edited by 3DeltaFly; Nov 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typo correction