Old Nov 15, 2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vascoboy View Post
my aileron channel is off center by 30%+ after trims all set to -0-
my rudder channel is twitchy, especially when i up/down throttle...
things appear to have gotten worse after i downloaded air 2.1(?) update. I will report back when i get me Tx back...
recalibrate mate.. easy fix
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:05 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,589 Posts
No. Send it in. Bad contacts on the pots. Mechanical thing, has nothing to do with the software. You get the gimbals exchanged.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:30 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,594 Posts
looks too me like he already sent it in.
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:35 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2008
391 Posts
I swear my trims change all by themselves - several times now I have launched two of my most flown gliders, and the trim has been way off - model either diving or climbing or rolling etc and need loads of trim adjustment. Same flying conditions as previous flight,, no physical damage, no loose or floppy pushrods/ clevis.horns, and new servos too.
These are the exact same models that always flew perfectly - every time - with my previous DX7.
This radio spooks me Im afraid.
badger-b is offline Find More Posts by badger-b
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,746 Posts
That bug has been around for a long time.

Every now and then when power cycling the transmitter, all the trims shift by one. Trouble is it seems to be kind of a "lumpy" now and then, meaning you may go weeks without seeing it, and then it may do it 6 or 7 times in a row. I often don't notice until everything is off by 5 or 6 clicks, but I THINK it always happens just one click per power cycle.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:55 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b View Post
I swear my trims change all by themselves - several times now I have launched two of my most flown gliders, and the trim has been way off - model either diving or climbing or rolling etc and need loads of trim adjustment. Same flying conditions as previous flight,, no physical damage, no loose or floppy pushrods/ clevis.horns, and new servos too.
These are the exact same models that always flew perfectly - every time - with my previous DX7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
That bug has been around for a long time.

Every now and then when power cycling the transmitter, all the trims shift by one. Trouble is it seems to be kind of a "lumpy" now and then, meaning you may go weeks without seeing it, and then it may do it 6 or 7 times in a row.
No wonder I am always fiddling with my trims, I dont remember this bug, when was it first mentioned?

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:39 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
is it fixed with the 2.03 because now you say i experienced that too on my aileron and elevator.
I dont remember this happening after the 2.03b on mine though
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,746 Posts
It would be great if it was, but I don't see it mentioned in the release notes.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 07:27 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,999 Posts
Quote:
I had a high and low rate change on a plane tonite. I was doing a watt/amp run-up and moving surfaces I noticed I had alot of aileron throw and knew we had changed that at the field before maiden flight last week. FMS/Airfield1400 MM Zero. I go into dual rates/expo and there was a bunch of change going on in there. Mainly aielerons was set back to 100% and expo too. I had put 60 % throw and 40% expo last week. I ahd to go thru the whole setup again and check everything. Freaked me out too.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Nov 15, 2011, 07:39 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,984 Posts
Quote:
It would be great if it was, but I don't see it mentioned in the release notes.
It was fixed on March 31. Apparently we missed adding it to the release notes for 2.03.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:58 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,746 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:55 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2008
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It was fixed on March 31. Apparently we missed adding it to the release notes for 2.03.

Andy
Nope.... ITS STILL HAPPENING IN VER 2.03 ( on my elevon glider models )
I loaded 2.03 (beta) as soon as I bought my new dx8 in August this year - its the same ver: that nearly cost me two models due to reversed elevon trims !! ( which still doesnt seem to have been properly resolved either )
AFAIK version 2.03 is still the latest ( and beta ) version 4 month on
Yes I know the temporary " fix"
This drifting trim issue is in fact even more serious than the trim issue, as you just never know when its gonna strike - could there be a relationship between elevon models and this bug too?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:26 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Nope.... ITS STILL HAPPENING IN VER 2.03 ( on my elevon glider models )
I loaded 2.03 (beta) as soon as I bought my new dx8 in August this year - its the same ver: that nearly cost me two models due to reversed elevon trims !! ( which still doesnt seem to have been properly resolved either )
AFAIK version 2.03 is still the latest ( and beta ) version 4 month on
Yes I know the temporary " fix"
This drifting trim issue is in fact even more serious than the trim issue, as you just never know when its gonna strike - could there be a relationship between elevon models and this bug too?
Mine is V2.03 also and I seem to be adjusting my trims constantly.

VP

PS Hence the "Trims Visibility" issue. I by habit now, look at the trims display all the time for a reference point.
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:00 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2008
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post

VP

PS Hence the "Trims Visibility" issue. I by habit now, look at the trims display all the time for a reference point.

Pretty hard to see if they are out by only one or two clicks on that poor LCD - and if the trim steps are at 4 or more - one or two clicks is a big difference in flight character on some of mine.
Besides -its academic - they simply should NOT alter unless I tell 'em too.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:26 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
In flight or between flights?

Here's how you check it, Pete. Center all your trims. Adjust the linkages so that with the trims centered, the surfaces are in the same location as they used to be when trimmed.

Since your trims are now centered, you can easily (at least those who are old man enough to admit they need glasses can ) see that they are centered because the center dot is filled in. If you power cycle your radio, the dot will remain centered.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor