HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2011, 08:54 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Please post pictures of your installation.
Thanks
VP

I just binded the telemetry..
it's easy to put the wires.. Just from the pictures it's rather obvious what you need to do.
now I will need to install the Tube which will get the readings.. I will install it in my Flyfly MB339.
will not try it though soon as I'm waiting for RClander retracts to arrive.
the stock struts won' thandle the 3.2 kg weigh tof the plane well.. they are bending all the time..
the weird thing is that the receiver now binded at 22ms :/ is that normal?

oh I will post pictures as soon as it's ready. most probably I will have it sticking out from the nose of the plane
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:14 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
I don't see a menu item for EPA (end point adjust). I'm assuming this is simply done in the TRAVEL setting under Servo Setup?

I'm trying to set end points for my castle ESC and the instructions say to initially set low and high EPA to 30% and then gradually increase it until you hear the beap.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:19 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The sensor would have to be modified to provide that information. The cells don't always discharge evenly.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Andy
Thanks andy, I should have been a bit more clear though. A simple divider of totalvoltage by number of cells is what I was asking for. I wasn't seeing an advantage to monitoring all cells to determine if unbalancing was found, those get checked by the watt meter or charger after flying.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
I don't see a menu item for EPA (end point adjust). I'm assuming this is simply done in the TRAVEL setting under Servo Setup?

I'm trying to set end points for my castle ESC and the instructions say to initially set low and high EPA to 30% and then gradually increase it until you hear the beap.
lol.. along with my Airspeed sensor.. in the same packages I got my CC field link portable programmer
set your throttle end points to autocalibration..
just leave the throttle stick in the middle.. connecte the power of your plane then throttle back .. it will set them automatically.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:33 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
ok, i can do that. But should the throttle travel be set to 100 and 100?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:14 AM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
Personally, I really would like a current sensor. This seems like on odd oversight.
I bought the DX8 because of the telemetry, I didn't look at the options for it until I bought it. I was surprised that there was no current sensor available.
Waiting patiently for one, with the hope that they will add the display of mAh along with current. Am I just wasting my time? Is Quanum the only other option?
CiprianGugu is online now Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Last edited by CiprianGugu; Nov 04, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:36 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,596 Posts
The Power Box menu has also mAh display, so I think it is just a matter of time. But when looking at the competition (like Graupner HOTT), the guys at Spek should do something....
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:50 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The sensor would have to be modified to provide that information. The cells don't always discharge evenly.

Thanks for the suggestions.
It can be done relatively easy. This one plugs into the balancing connector measures the voltage of each individual cell and sounds the alarm if any cell drops below a predetermined value. For telemetry we don't need LED and audible alarm - replace that with opto isolated serial output to the telemetry module.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2011, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
The Power Box menu has also mAh display, so I think it is just a matter of time. But when looking at the competition (like Graupner HOTT), the guys at Spek should do something....
actually the competition is Futaba. so Futaba is just adding telemetry now. ..
At my Field most of the pilots are futaba oriented. Till now I had nothing more than they had appart from that vibration now Igot telemetry .. now one does on his Tx display so far.

Telemetry with that data port has so many potential so I expect that it's a matter of time that we will see more sensors and more otpions . since this sesor I got (if you take a look at it) has Xbus so it can take more sensors in series. This is mentioned in the airspeed sensor manual too
Old Nov 04, 2011, 01:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post

EPA is different than Travel adjust. EPA sets limits on the amounts of travel, while Travel is a scaling factor. If you are using it for the throttle and do not fiddle with the sub trim, it will achieve what you want.

FWIW, all my Castle ESCs work with the default 100% settings and with the throttle trim pulled all the way down.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:44 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianGugu View Post
Is Quanum the only other option?
Hitec and Graupner both have current monitoring (Graupner even has individual cell monitoring). If you want a stand alone option, there is the EagleTree/Seagull stuff, but that costs almost as much as the DX8.

I also wish that TX based telemetry systems would support data logging. I suppose I can't fault the DX8 for not including data logging since none of the competitors seem to have that feature either (Hitec has the HTS-Navi, but that requires a laptop). It is strange since data logging seems like a natural extension of telemetry.
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:15 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
it is strange since data logging seems like a natural extension of telemetry.
^+1
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:18 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
actually the competition is Futaba. so Futaba is just adding telemetry now. ..
At my Field most of the pilots are futaba oriented. Till now I had nothing more than they had appart from that vibration now Igot telemetry .. now one does on his Tx display so far.

Telemetry with that data port has so many potential so I expect that it's a matter of time that we will see more sensors and more otpions . since this sesor I got (if you take a look at it) has Xbus so it can take more sensors in series. This is mentioned in the airspeed sensor manual too
I read all the E-mails I get from Futaba very eagerly, I am waiting for their masterpiece to arrive!

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2011, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
How many recalls on the famous Dx8 so far? Just curioous, wondering if the enthusiasm of the fanboys is now reduced by a few notches .
Gerula is offline Find More Posts by Gerula
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2011, 07:22 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerula View Post
How many recalls on the famous Dx8 so far? Just curioous, wondering if the enthusiasm of the fanboys is now reduced by a few notches .
ZERO, couple of service bulletins that could affect some people (gimbles and legacy receivers) is all.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars