SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:41 PM
Air, Ground & Water
freechip's Avatar
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,347 Posts
No problems, your video was very informational. I may not go threw all the steps you did but will certainly have a look at it tonight, I got all the right components lying around anyways, it will satisfy my curiousity. THANKS

DX8 - DX6i , AR6200, rx pack & plenty of servos.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:18 PM
Registered User
cayars's Avatar
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Listen clearly, My T-34 flies and trims the same as it did "Day One" as it does now, "Day 437". My inquiry here is not about "Thrust Angles" it is about "Mixing" which is new to me. I want to learn about "Mixing" not "Thrust Angles". Now can you please reread this 5 times and go "Fly A Kite"
VP
Yes your inquiry was about mixing which you got an answer for. But you are asking this specifically BECAUSE you are trying to solve a self induced problem the wrong way.

SARCAST REPLY: Yes, I'm sure it flies exactly the same with all the changes you have made it. Just like I'm sure your eyes are every bit as good as when you were 15. Just like it's "stock" as you previous said.

What's really funny about this is that if it flew exactly like when you got it you wouldn't be having this problem. Actually, I should give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it flys just as poorly today as it did the first day you flew it because it sounds like you have never set it up correctly from day one. When I say "setup correctly" I'm not talking about "your view" of setup but what the rest of us would consider setup. But I'm sure your setup is "fine" since it flys so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
You are not "Correcting" nor "Setting The Record Straight". You are "Trolling"!
VP
You need to figure out what trolling is Pete. Gee talk about the pot calling the kettle black. We'll I think I've corrected your half truths pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I was right because I am tired of you being a "Two-Face". I am currently being helped with my "Mix" inquiry by other reasonable members.
VP
He is not being two-faced. Just because you don't agree with him or other experts (like he quoted) doesn't make him two faced.

Carlo

PS. All of your responses I just posted to are the very definition of "trolling" and not my or freechips responses.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars View Post
Yes your inquiry was about mixing which you got an answer for. But you are asking this specifically BECAUSE you are trying to solve a self induced problem the wrong way.

SARCAST REPLY: Yes, I'm sure it flies exactly the same with all the changes you have made it. Just like I'm sure your eyes are every bit as good as when you were 15. Just like it's "stock" as you previous said.

What's really funny about this is that if it flew exactly like when you got it you wouldn't be having this problem. Actually, I should give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it flys just as poorly today as it did the first day you flew it because it sounds like you have never set it up correctly from day one. When I say "setup correctly" I'm not talking about "your view" of setup but what the rest of us would consider setup. But I'm sure your setup is "fine" since it flys so well.



You need to figure out what trolling is Pete. Gee talk about the pot calling the kettle black. We'll I think I've corrected your half truths pretty well.



He is not being two-faced. Just because you don't agree with him or other experts (like he quoted) doesn't make him two faced.

Carlo

PS. All of your responses I just posted to are the very definition of "trolling" and not my or freechips responses.
Once again, my T-34 flies just fine, even the closed minded old timer "Nitro-Nazi" liked it, after he trimmed out the Aileron a little bit. (He was my trainer briefly)

Me inquiring about Mixing on the DX8 is not Trolling. Me defending myself is not Trolling. You constantly stalking and replying to everyone of my posts is Trolling! Therefore you are the Troll. See I do know what Trolling is. Just do every one including yourself a favor, for the 20th time, just cease to respond to any of my posts so we can all get back on track. Again sorry to all the members who have to put up with this.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:36 PM
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b View Post
Full trim travel (in normal wing mix mode) is less on the DX8 than DX6i.
Elevon wing mix ( flap inh ) - the two sets are about the same.

Time taken to apply full trims
Trim step @ 1 = 10 seconds
Trim step @ 5 ( default ) = 4 seconds
Trim step @ 10 = 2 seconds

Incidentally, total servo travel ( stick ) is slightly higher on DX6 than DX8.

Not a critical thing, but maybe people upgrading from the DX6i may find it useful to know.

Its all on a short film - if you're interested click to play, if not then don't
http://youtu.be/PNLyGvgXbNU

I like it, in fact I think I'll do the same in the shop but use a DRY ERASE Board for conducting tests with little setup.
Good Job~!
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:00 PM
Registered User
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b View Post
...Its all on a short film - if you're interested click to play, if not then don't
First time I have heard a DX8 and DX6i side by side and maybe it's just me but I really like the audible trim indicator on the DX8 over that irritating beep of the DX6i and even over my DX7. Nice improvement Spektrum.
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:04 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2 View Post
First time I have heard a DX8 and DX6i side by side and maybe it's just me but I really like the audible trim indicator on the DX8 over that irritating beep of the DX6i and even over my DX7. Nice improvement Spektrum.
I am with Badger!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:15 PM
60 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I thought we recommended 2m all along. That's what I use for all my stuff since I got my first Spektrum module 4 years ago.

Andy
No, it's increased over the years. I remember because I've written numerous posts advising people to increase the distance. It used to be 3 feet (or 1m in some versions), then became 4 feet and now 2m.

My experience is that most of the time it doesn't matter and the receiver will bind (or link as the case may be) even if the Tx is very close. But sometimes it does make a difference and moving 1m or so away does the trick. I don't think I've ever had to go to 2m.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:23 PM
Registered User
maddog7's Avatar
Joined Jan 2004
123 Posts
I tried my new DX8 and Ar8000 inc the TM1000 and it will bind with RX and TM virtually touching the TX.

For what that's actually worth.....???
D
maddog7 is offline Find More Posts by maddog7
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
Champagne Supernova
FlyHighSelllow's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,007 Posts
Are we there yet ? Are we there yet ? LOLOLOLOLOL. This is defintely worse than some of the guys at the field always complaining about something somebody else is doing LOL. Cant we all just get along ?


FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:36 PM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I am with Badger!
VP
With Badger on what? You quoted Turner2 regarding the quieter beeps on the DX8. So not sure what you are agreeing too. If it is the sound of the DX8 beeps then I agree as well, they aren't as harsh.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
Registered User
cayars's Avatar
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Once again, my T-34 flies just fine, even the closed minded old timer "Nitro-Nazi" liked it, after he trimmed out the Aileron a little bit. (He was my trainer briefly)

Me inquiring about Mixing on the DX8 is not Trolling. Me defending myself is not Trolling. You constantly stalking and replying to everyone of my posts is Trolling! Therefore you are the Troll. See I do know what Trolling is. Just do every one including yourself a favor, for the 20th time, just cease to respond to any of my posts so we can all get back on track. Again sorry to all the members who have to put up with this.
VP
Not really Pete. A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking an emotional response. The Internet slang term "troll" is often used to describe a person who tries to change the flow of online conversation by skewing facts or giving only partial factual information as if it's gospel to support their own cause and lead a conversation. A troll will often express a personal opinion as if it's fact. A troll will take every opportunity to say the same thing over and over again to push their cause. A troll will often times try to recruit members to their cause to try and prove a point by way of numbers. A troll will often times try to manipulate a conversation by asking or forcing other individuals to leave when they do not share the same point of view.

Trolls will often times not take advise or learn from others because to them the advise, procedure or instruction is not exactly what they are asking for. Instead of trying to learn the proper way to accomplish something the troll will insist the rest of the world conform to their way of doing things.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:40 PM
Registered User
GBRellic's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Mar 2009
249 Posts
Binding Question?

I have been advised since I first got into Spektrum 2.4 Radios three years ago that it is necessary to rebind my system after doing any program changes within the system. This is a procedure I adhere to and have no problems with. My question is now that I am using the TM1000 on some of my aircraft is it necessary or advisable to also rebind the TM1000 each time I re-bind my receivers?

Brian T.
GBRellic is offline Find More Posts by GBRellic
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:44 PM
Air, Ground & Water
freechip's Avatar
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,347 Posts
You rebind to ensure proper failsafe is set in the RX. No failsafe to set in the TM unit. But if its all connected then you rebind the entire system. Won't hurt anything doing it more often then not enough.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:47 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
With Badger on what? You quoted Turner2 regarding the quieter beeps on the DX8. So not sure what you are agreeing too. If it is the sound of the DX8 beeps then I agree as well, they aren't as harsh.

This


Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b View Post
I have already said that its not a deal breaker for me, but do re-iterate that I am not particularly impressed with them either. I just did another experiment for a different purpose over on the DX8 + DX10 thread testing the ampount of travel obtained by the trim levers compared to that obtained on the DX6i, and a by product of this testing was that I used the trim buttons a lot
Theres no denying that the DX8 was far harder to "follow" whilst not looking at the screen, as the tone is both softer, and less distinct than that of the DX6i.
Hearing those tones on a windy hillside is nigh on impossible.
I also noticed that whilst holding the trim lever constantly "on" for rapid and maximum trim travel, the tone "beeped" several times during the travel with an almost identical tone to that obtained when its centred.
Its definitely a poorer operation than that of the DX6i.
As a side note the total trim travel is less than the DX6i.
Again - no biggy - but something that people might like to be aware of if moving up from the 6 or 7
The Man makes a lot of sense!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:50 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRellic View Post
My question is now that I am using the TM1000 on some of my aircraft is it necessary or advisable to also rebind the TM1000 each time I re-bind my receivers?
No, not at all. It's only needed if you are changing model number, or changing receiver class (6 channel vs. 8 channel, 22ms or 11ms, DSM2 or DSMX).

If you use a standard servo Y cable between the rx and TM1000, you can use a bind plug to simplify going into bind mode.

Finally, you only need to re-bind if you are changing something "important" such as channel reversing (especially throttle), starting flap/gear position, etc. You don't need to re-bind after changing mixes and things like that.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Receivers that work with Spektrum Radios that are not made by Spektrum BD Flyer Radios 29 Sep 26, 2010 05:09 AM
Discussion Spektrum AR6100E or Spektrum AR6100? LaurenceGough Off-road Cars 23 Aug 06, 2009 06:33 AM
For Sale Parkzone 5ch DX10 w/Receiver ch54 CarlHill Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Jul 10, 2009 01:07 PM
Discussion Can I use a Spektrum Air RX with a Spektrum Surface TX? Bigmaxy Radios 1 Jan 19, 2008 08:57 PM
Sold GeForce 8400Gs PCIx DX10 video card GFBurke Non R/C Items (FS/W) 6 Sep 05, 2007 11:43 PM