SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:55 PM
Medium Rare
Sweden
Joined Jun 2010
115 Posts
Andy do you know if the batterypack that comes with the radio is the new kind of Nimh that has low selfdischarge?
Svensson is offline Find More Posts by Svensson
Last edited by Svensson; Sep 08, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:00 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
AGGHHH!! Tired of it.. Going back to 9503.. Just heard my DX8 won't be here till end of Sept..

Stinks 1000 times over!!

Also heard Spek and JR are Spliting and JR is getting thier own FReq hopper system!!
So what?? You sound like a spoilt little child... It gets here when it gets here. So it's a few more weeks, maybe an extra month big deal..!! I've been following this thread, and like the rest of you am looking forward to getting mine but some people get so impatient. Haven't people noticed yet... All good things in life are worth waiting for!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Sep 09, 2010, 03:56 AM
South of Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
AGGHHH!! Tired of it.. Going back to 9503.. Just heard my DX8 won't be here till end of Sept..

Stinks 1000 times over!!

Also heard Spek and JR are Spliting and JR is getting thier own FReq hopper system!!
You probably have no clue to what it takes to develop and test a new technical product. Or the amount of work that goes in to releasing it on a global marketplace.
Just writing a half desent manual is a great effort.
For products like RC radios there are countless hours of testing. Before its even released to test pilots. This is a product which you ask the consumers to put their complete trust in. You ask them to put this equipment in planes and helis costing loads of hard earned money.
It just has to work! If planes and helis start falling out of the sky because you made a sub-standard product, your brand is dead!

As i wrote earlier in this thread:
-Better late AND right!

//Patrick
IMAC_Sweden is offline Find More Posts by IMAC_Sweden
Old Sep 09, 2010, 05:34 AM
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
Hi Andy
I got another question about the SD card backup. Can I edit the Dx8 setting files which is stored in the SD card? Or is there any desktop software which I can build and edit the TX setting then upload to Dx8 through SD card?
I know the UI of Dx8 is good enough, but if I can edit the setting on my desktop, it is still much faster than on Dx8.
yclinf is offline Find More Posts by yclinf
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:31 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,372 Posts
Quote:
This is a product which you ask the consumers to put their complete trust in. You ask them to put this equipment in planes and helis costing loads of hard earned money.
It just has to work! If planes and helis start falling out of the sky because you made a sub-standard product, your brand is dead!
Man, you are scaring me !! I'll never buy another new radio again !!

carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Carguy FPV year
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:36 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,372 Posts
Quote:
I heard JR developed their own FHSS system for Japan but went with Spektrum DSM2 in the US. Spektrum is a brand owned by HH and they only are distributors for the JR brand in North America. JR would have it tough going to another 2,4 system in NA with all the DSM2 radios they already sold. It would also be a big step back to have advertised DSM2 is so good and then switching to FHSS.

Where is the truth HH guys ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yclinf View Post
I got another question about the SD card backup. Can I edit the Dx8 setting files which is stored in the SD card? Or is there any desktop software which I can build and edit the TX setting then upload to Dx8 through SD card?
The files are editable, yes. We have not announced any desktop software to build or edit the tx settings, but my standard "neither confirm nor deny" clause applies also.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:55 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,372 Posts
Quote:
We have not announced any desktop software to build or edit the tx settings, but my standard "neither confirm nor deny" clause applies also.
Wow, it is certainly good practice to become a politician !
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:47 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I heard JR developed their own FHSS system for Japan but went with Spektrum DSM2 in the US. Spektrum is a brand owned by HH and they only are distributors for the JR brand in North America. JR would have it tough going to another 2,4 system in NA with all the DSM2 radios they already sold. It would also be a big step back to have advertised DSM2 is so good and then switching to FHSS.

Where is the truth HH guys ?
The system that appears to be coming out from JR in Europe (DMSS) is not the system they sell in Japan (DSMJ). JR will apparently have 3 different systems for some time which seems like a strange thing to be doing. As for truth from HH guys - I think they only distribute JR so they may not know what JR is thinking.

Basically I think NIH won out at JR.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Sep 09, 2010, 01:30 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
The system that appears to be coming out from JR in Europe (DMSS) is not the system they sell in Japan (DSMJ). JR will apparently have 3 different systems for some time which seems like a strange thing to be doing. As for truth from HH guys - I think they only distribute JR so they may not know what JR is thinking.

Basically I think NIH won out at JR.
What is FHSS, DSMJ and DMSS? DiMiSS something?
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 09, 2010, 01:50 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,805 Posts
FHSS Freqency Hopping S???? System
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Last edited by Bowerz; Sep 09, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:13 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
FHSS Freqency hopping ???? System
Hi Bowerz,
Is that an answer or a question?
VP
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:14 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,805 Posts
An answer, i know it's something to do with frequency hopping but not 100% sure of the full version of the acronym.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
An answer, i know it's something to do with frequency hopping but not 100% sure of the full version of the acronym.
Lets ask Jim Booker this afternoon on Ustream!
VP
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:22 PM
Joined May 2007
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave h. View Post
the system that appears to be coming out from jr in europe (dmss) is not the system they sell in japan (dsmj). Jr will apparently have 3 different systems for some time which seems like a strange thing to be doing. As for truth from hh guys - i think they only distribute jr so they may not know what jr is thinking.

Basically i think nih won out at jr.
nih ???
frovello is offline Find More Posts by frovello
Last edited by frovello; Sep 09, 2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: nrr