HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:12 PM
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
I just hope it is not too much heavier than the 6 as I liked the light weight of it over the 7. There is no need to have it feel like a brick in your hands just so it feels more expensive.
K5054 is offline Find More Posts by K5054
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5054 View Post
I just hope it is not too much heavier than the 6 as I liked the light weight of it over the 7. There is no need to have it feel like a brick in your hands just so it feels more expensive.
2nd that
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:25 PM
Joined Aug 2006
142 Posts
Quote:
Don't fret, you will be able to add or subtract weght via firmware updates.
Steel Butcher is offline Find More Posts by Steel Butcher
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:34 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Well, as long as the weight is justified by all of the improvements and bells and whistles, I think that is fine, but I hope there are no bricks in it!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:54 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Although some prefer a lighter Tx, and for long flights a lighter Tx is a significant ergonomic advantage, it is never the less absolutely true that the majority of consumers equate weight with quality. Identical products where one has a weight added will be judged by the majority as being of different perceived quality, the heavier one being preferred. This applies across many, many kinds of products, including our Tx.

If the Tx is light you will see it being described as "plastic feeling" and "toy-like". If it has a steel plate in the case to give it some heft it will be descibed as "solid" or "substantial".

I have no idea how the DX8 weight compares with other Tx but I would not be the least bit suprised to find ballast had been added to address consumer perceptions. Time will tell
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Sep 07, 2010, 03:33 AM
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It's not in the manual.

In System mode, go to the Telemetry setup screen. Select "Settings" then click on the Units to toggle between US and metric. Images are attached.

Andy
Hi Andy
That's great! Thanks a lot!!!
yclinf is offline Find More Posts by yclinf
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:06 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Is there a separate delay so that as you change flight modes, the throttle moves to the new mode more slowly than the controls? No.

Does that describe what you mean?

The throttle can be delayed using the servo speed adjustment, just like all the other channels.

Andy
OK, it is what I mean... It is only one function for change my TX from DX6i to DX8...
cthulhu is offline Find More Posts by cthulhu
Old Sep 07, 2010, 12:22 PM
Belgium (as long as it exists)
Joined Sep 2010
46 Posts
IF the following text would appear to be true:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99...tm.htm#9985626

Could a software upgrade on DX8 be sufficient to move to FHSS?
Or is the hardware not flexible enough?

thx.
RexRun is offline Find More Posts by RexRun
Old Sep 07, 2010, 12:44 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,515 Posts
All heresy and speculation. "This guy sent me an email" Anyone can say that. If I remember, there were few problems at Joe Nall. As far as the 80 channels being divided by two letting no more than 40 planes up. How about the video of, I think it was 75 T 28 Trojans with Spektrums installed flying all at once. Video is proof!
If it aint broke!!!

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Sep 07, 2010, 01:03 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
A As far as the 80 channels being divided by two letting no more than 40 planes up. How about the video of, I think it was 75 T 28 Trojans with Spektrums installed flying all at once. Video is proof!
If it aint broke!!!

Gord.
100 T28
100 R/C T28 flying Joe Nall (7 min 20 sec)
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Sep 07, 2010, 01:10 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
OMG! How'd they keep track of which one they were flying??
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Sep 07, 2010, 01:31 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
I have no idea how the DX8 weight compares with other Tx but I would not be the least bit suprised to find ballast had been added to address consumer perceptions.
Now there's an idea for a transmitter feature: build it light but include a ballast box to customize the feel.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Sep 07, 2010, 02:23 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
I love the feel of the 11X.. It is just tooo weird looking.. and I rather use the 9503 programming..

I hope I am not making a mistake by selling my 9503 waiting on the DX8!!! LOL. .I will sell the DX8 in a second.. get me another 9503..

I believe I would be happy with the DX7 IF.. it had throttle curve on AIR and a slider for the AUX (choke!!)
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Sep 07, 2010, 03:45 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
you gotta be kidding me..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 07, 2010, 04:23 PM
Deutschland, Bayern, München
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
@andy: can you copy all your models to the sd card with one order or does every single model has to be copied? Thanks
tachy kard is offline Find More Posts by tachy kard