3,271 Posts
1st deliveries week ending 17th Sept!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2010, 02:32 PM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
I definitely pre-ordered and I get #2 out of the 4 he is getting in the first round. He told me today that he expects his first shipment to arrive the first week in October. I hope that he got some bad info and that you all are correct.
Sea Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Sea Monkey
Old Sep 05, 2010, 03:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
428 Posts
i placed my order and i didnt know it wouldnt take pp so on pre-order im like i want to pay now so i emailed then, a couple days later they told me there going to call me and ill be able to change my payment type then it sounded like there are a few extra's just in case. i tell you one thing the group that worked on the dx8 are very smart they eliminated some flight acc that you usually carry around there on top of the game.
anton831 is offline Find More Posts by anton831
Old Sep 05, 2010, 06:27 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Monkey View Post
I definitely pre-ordered and I get #2 out of the 4 he is getting in the first round. He told me today that he expects his first shipment to arrive the first week in October. I hope that he got some bad info and that you all are correct.
What this means is that your LHS doesn't have enough Spektrum sales to be eligible for the 1st shipment.

Mike
Fig Jam is online now Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Sep 05, 2010, 06:53 PM
Joined Aug 2006
142 Posts
Fig Jam,

Unfortunately my LHS closed up shop this summer so I ordered online, the day it was up on the website, 7/30 I think. How does Horizon manage this, do all of the units go to the hobby shops first or will they fill any on line orders? I am thinking I may have a long wait.
Steel Butcher is offline Find More Posts by Steel Butcher
Old Sep 05, 2010, 07:24 PM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam View Post
What this means is that your LHS doesn't have enough Spektrum sales to be eligible for the 1st shipment.

Mike
Maybe, I guess time will tell. The owner told me that they are getting 4 of the first shipment and that after the first shipment the online orders will be filled. Then again, he originaly told me I'd have it already. He's a good guy so I'm not really mad at him. I just want my radio soon.
Sea Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Sea Monkey
Old Sep 05, 2010, 09:09 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,338 Posts
I think it's a simple case of demand outstripping supply. I know they changed my original number of units that I ordered to a lower quantity. I guess so they could fulfill the web orders.

Mike
Fig Jam is online now Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:33 AM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
There are 7 linear inputs. What more do you need?

Andy
How about a non-crippled radio with FULL-FEATURED human interface devices for the price it's going for!?!?!?????

For +400 bucks I expect fully assignable switches, sliders and sailplane programming. C'mon man... is Spektrum even trying???
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:06 AM
South of Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
130 Posts
If this particular transmitter and the features it has to offer does not fit your needs, then its probably not for You Frogman!
No one will ever force You to buy it, or even like it!
So now You know, and now you can totally relax, fully confident that you are allowed to buy ANY other radio available on the market...

Just out of curiosity, what radio WILL live up to Your demands for 430$?

//Patrick
IMAC_Sweden is offline Find More Posts by IMAC_Sweden
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:38 AM
about:blank
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
Something as feature rich as Aurora 9 on DSM2,-touchscreen, +roller, +vibrate, +sdcard, now that's what I'd like to see for the same price ^^
mongo56 is online now Find More Posts by mongo56
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:57 AM
South of Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo56 View Post
Something as feature rich as Aurora 9 on DSM2,-touchscreen, +roller, +vibrate, +sdcard, now that's what I'd like to see for the same price ^^
Would be nice indeed, but im asking for which radio that is existing in reality that would fit his needs and costing 430$?

//Patrick
Last edited by IMAC_Sweden; Sep 06, 2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 07:07 AM
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
The Aurora 9 gets close, best bang/buck in my book but It's not an option for me because I have a bunch of DSM2 receivers.
I'm also quite sure we'll never see full glider support for the DX8.
Did I mention I hate marketing? ^^
Old Sep 06, 2010, 07:38 AM
South of Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo56 View Post
The Aurora 9 gets close, best bang/buck in my book but It's not an option for me because I have a bunch of DSM2 receivers.
I'm also quite sure we'll never see full glider support for the DX8.
Did I mention I hate marketing? ^^
As stated before in this thread; The DX10 will have full glider support and would be the choice then. Will cost more, but will also have much more features.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 08:11 AM
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAC_Sweden View Post
As stated before in this thread; The DX10 will have full glider support and would be the choice then. Will cost more, but will also have much more features.
Sure, let me just dish out a grand for a radio I don't really need and it has the features that would have been easily implemented in a "cheaper" radio. Great thinking.
I would understand if it there was a hardware limitation, but limiting the firmware just because you can (marketing) is a big no no for me.

Firmwares should be open. I'd love to see a huge community with a bunch of different firmwares for the same radio so you could choose witch one suites you best (like I do with my phone). I seriously doubt we're gonna see that in the near future though.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 08:28 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yclinf View Post
Thanks! But I can not find the temp configuration in the manual. Could you please give me a hint?
It's not in the manual.

In System mode, go to the Telemetry setup screen. Select "Settings" then click on the Units to toggle between US and metric. Images are attached.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor