HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:37 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Nope nothing yet. Was calling them this afternoon to see whats happening.

I email but never got even the automated response, when I call then said they had no record so must not have went threw but she put it threw over the phone with me and said I would can email with label just like when I sent it back last year.

No email yet so goin gto call them back.

I called and talk to HH on last Wednesday, so 3 business day so far for me but had emailed week before.

UPDATE:

Well I just got off the phone with Jane and she could not find my request so AGAIN I had to supply them with it and according to her they would make every attempt to email it out to me today. Atleast now I was smart enough to get a name for refference.

SO right now my request steps are Emailed ONCE, call TWICE. But I will add that I was able to talk to someone right away, NO HOLD and no CALL BACK. After pressing the option number I got someone on the phone right away from PRODUCT SUPPORT.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Jun 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: UPDATED
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:53 AM
prop wash
North of Toronto in Ontario
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Nope nothing yet. Was calling them this afternoon to see whats happening.

I email but never got even the automated response, when I call then said they had no record so must not have went threw but she put it threw over the phone with me and said I would can email with label just like when I sent it back last year.

No email yet so goin gto call them back.

I called and talk to HH on last Wednesday, so 3 business day so far for me but had emailed week before.

UPDATE:

Well I just got off the phone with Jane and she could not find my request so AGAIN I had to supply them with it and according to her they would make every attempt to email it out to me today. At Least now I was smart enough to get a name for reference.

SO right now my request steps are Emailed ONCE, call TWICE. But I will add that I was able to talk to someone right away, NO HOLD and no CALL BACK. After pressing the option number I got someone on the phone right away.
OK at leased I got the automatic Email response back from them last Wed.
Last time I was on the phone, Thursday it took well over an hour on hold.
biggy boy is offline Find More Posts by biggy boy
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:01 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
OK at leased I got the automatic Email response back from them last Wed.
Last time I was on the phone, Thursday it took well over an hour on hold.
I haven't received my label yet. I sent the info to them last Tuesday. Got the automated response but nothing else. I haven't called yet.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:04 PM
prop wash
North of Toronto in Ontario
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
I haven't received my label yet. I sent the info to them last Tuesday. Got the automated response but nothing else. I haven't called yet.
Are you in the States or Canada?
biggy boy is offline Find More Posts by biggy boy
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:19 PM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,659 Posts
The main reason if I remember correctly was based on the fact that this allow room for error if a newby set the low voltage alarm too low basicaly.

Yeah. That works for a .3V error... not a 1.2V error. On a 4 cell pack I can go about 15 mins before it goes into low battery mode.

Is there a pot adjustment on the voltage detect that is user accessable?
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:20 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
783 Posts
Guys,
Anybody knows how fast is turn around on DX8 fix?

I think, I just skip the waiting for label part, do a standard service form with the DX8 bulletin info and ship it myself.

Hope the weather is crappy until I get it back.

Rob
robusp is online now Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,689 Posts
Mine has been accepted by HH today. I will let you when they ship it back.
_Sergey_ is offline Find More Posts by _Sergey_
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hintze View Post
Highly doubt it and opening your radio for this reason would void the warranty.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:07 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
Quote:
Yeah. That works for a .3V error... not a 1.2V error. On a 4 cell pack I can go about 15 mins before it goes into low battery mode.

No, it's all done electronically. If you are seeing that much error, it needs to be serviced. And THAT is why it's not user-calibrated - too much risk to people adjusting calibration when there is a genuine problem.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:30 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
The main reason if I remember correctly was based on the fact that this allow room for error if a newby set the low voltage alarm too low basicaly.

if your tx was reading 4.0V and you went flying anyways well the battery was actualy higher.

If you are experience enough to find this error then you have enough experience to adjust the alarm in consideration.

If you want alarm to go off when your battery is at 4.3v then set the alarm for 4.0v.
I would be in trouble in my own Electrical Company if my tolerances were that bad.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:34 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
Are you in the States or Canada?
I'm in the US near Portland, Oregon.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
+1 mine always reads .3 volts low, wish there was a calibration feature.
Im sure there is

Quote:
its been discussed many times with Andy part of the discussion and its not considered a fault and according to him will remain the same.

Yes ability to calibrate ourselves would be nice.
Bad idea to have user calibration.

Quote:

if your tx was reading 4.0V and you went flying anyways well the battery was actualy higher.

If you are experience enough to find this error then you have enough experience to adjust the alarm in consideration.

If you want alarm to go off when your battery is at 4.3v then set the alarm for 4.0v.
There seem to be enough modelers out there that cant read or interpret voltage and/or set the appropriate alarm.Would it really be a good idea to have these same ppl be able to adjust the calibration as well?

Quote:

No user adjustment.For very good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
No, it's all done electronically. If you are seeing that much error, it needs to be serviced. And THAT is why it's not user-calibrated - too much risk to people adjusting calibration when there is a genuine problem.

Andy
Mine seems to be about .3 volts low.Can I send it in and demand they calibrate it closer to the correct value(s)? It still boggles my mind that it may be intentionally set .3 volts low to compensate for some users inability to use the true numbers correctly.The rest of us have another "fudge factor" to deal with in order to protect someone else from theirself.
Ill bet the legal dept had something to do with it.
Those guys really get on my nerves sometimes.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:38 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I would be in trouble in my own Electrical Company if my tolerances were that bad. VP
Unless thats the way they wanted it to work and so they would be right on the mark.

If I want my wife to not spend too much I tell her the account is low when in fact its not, it limits her spending. Then she gets home and check the account and gives me crap for lying BUT atleast she did not spend more money.

We can complain about the voltage difference but atleast were not killing the battery or crashing because the battery was too low, DSMX does that for us but have yet to hear a crash due to low battery in the TX.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:52 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I would be in trouble in my own Electrical Company if my tolerances were that bad.

VP
Thought you had a guitar/music store?
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:54 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Unless thats the way they wanted it to work and so they would be right on the mark.

If I want my wife to not spend too much I tell her the account is low when in fact its not, it limits her spending. Then she gets home and check the account and gives me crap for lying BUT atleast she did not spend more money.

We can complain about the voltage difference but atleast were not killing the battery or crashing because the battery was too low, DSMX does that for us but have yet to hear a crash due to low battery in the TX.
So your saying that intentionally falsifying information does protect us from ourselves? I guess we will just agree to disagree on that one.
I was taugh that if you cant tell the truth or comment on what you know its better to say nothing at all.It can make things difficult at times but nothing worthwhile is easy.

Anyway,sorry to get OT.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal