Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Really? Thank you so much for your help. If you have an actual answer I would love to hear it, otherwise keep your comments to yourself.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
290 Posts
viper3two is offline Find More Posts by viper3two
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:45 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
Really? Thank you so much for your help. If you have an actual answer I would love to hear it, otherwise keep your comments to yourself.
That is pretty much the only way you'll know, so it was a serious reply.

I'd send it in anyway though as Andy pointed out, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the 'bulletin' that makes it pretty much essential to return it regardless of your experience with it so far.
Telrin is offline Find More Posts by Telrin
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:46 PM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
...sending in my Tx at the height of the season is very dissatisfying. Anything we can do to prevent that would be a big help.
Sounds like flying DSMX receivers exclusively is the only alternative to sending it in. At least it saves the season for you.
Vicarious is offline Find More Posts by Vicarious
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
290 Posts
Thought I would refrain, but I will post it. Yes, the dude is telling you the truth, I didn't know it until my plane just wouldn't respond and it met up with an rv. Sent it in......
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:30 PM
I fly lawn darts with wings.
United States, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3two View Post
Thought I would refrain, but I will post it. Yes, the dude is telling you the truth, I didn't know it until my plane just wouldn't respond and it met up with an rv. Sent it in......
That was my RV and you could have at least left a note.

Seriously though my choices seem to be wait until winter to send it in or buy another radio to use for the month the dx8 is gone. I know a lot of you will say having a backup radio is a good idea (and proves to be great in this case) but I specifically spent a fair amount of cash on one really good radio (way more than I needed as a beginner) so that 1) I could grow into it and 2) I wouldn't have to get something else later. It's a real bummer that this is happening right as flying season is getting going in the states.
mbreslin is offline Find More Posts by mbreslin
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Sorry If I misread as sarcasm.

In any case I under stand what the symptoms are, there are 100 pages of posts describing them. My question was is there any other indicator that can separate the "chosen few" vs. the supposed vast majority that have no problem. Such as, a serial number on the board (not just the PID) a bad solder joint on a particular chip, etc.

Also, if it matters, I did the gimbal test and they were spot on at zero the whole test.

I don't think the disclaimer really matters since they don't reimburse you due to their product's failures in the first place, and I wouldn't trust someone's safety to any Hobby-grade equipment and fly in safe areas.

Again, I have ZERO problems so far and according to the bulletin i'm most likely not effected, so I don't want to go without my Tx when I want to use it the most due to some legal CYA move.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:42 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,470 Posts
If you are not using the specific receivers then by all means wait until end of season but do send it in for everyone's safety.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:48 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
That was my RV and you could have at least left a note.

Seriously though my choices seem to be wait until winter to send it in or buy another radio to use for the month the dx8 is gone. I know a lot of you will say having a backup radio is a good idea (and proves to be great in this case) but I specifically spent a fair amount of cash on one really good radio (way more than I needed as a beginner) so that 1) I could grow into it and 2) I wouldn't have to get something else later. It's a real bummer that this is happening right as flying season is getting going in the states.
Winter!! Wherever do you find any winter in CA? I had the same thoughts about sending it in later since mine worked perfectly and I didn't use the RX's that were having problems. I sent mine last tuesday and HH has it already. From what others have said, they get it right back to you. Good thing is that I do have a back up DX7

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:50 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Winter time is great for me since it's never too bad in GA, but all the big soccer field parks are empty and I have lots more open sky there than at the club.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:53 PM
I fly lawn darts with wings.
United States, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry H View Post
Winter!! Wherever do you find any winter in CA? I had the same thoughts about sending it in later since mine worked perfectly and I didn't use the RX's that were having problems. I sent mine last tuesday and HH has it already. From what others have said, they get it right back to you. Good thing is that I do have a back up DX7

Harry
Generally there isn't much of a winter in the central valley where I am, but oddly it rained this year all the way up until the first week of June. Most unusual to have even sprinkles in June here let alone quite a bit that we had. Anyway seems clear skies from here on out and I'm flying every day, I don't want to send my radio in. My two favorite planes use an ar8000 and an ar6115. I don't have any spektrum dsm2 receivers but I have several orangerx clones, those planes are grounded.
mbreslin is offline Find More Posts by mbreslin
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:30 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry H View Post

Harry
Actually here the slow flying season is July-Aug when its 100+.We did have our share of rainy days this year though.I havent seen any signs of problems so Im flying mine for now.Maybe Ill send mine in and have it checked out next month.I can use the DX7 for a week or so while my 8 is gone.Im thinking they may get a bit bogged at first but Im pretty sure they will be back to basically same day turnaround pretty soon.Most of the time is spent in shipping.My past experience sending stuff from Calif is about a week and maybe a day or 2.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:03 AM
Joined Oct 2010
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
that was my rv and you could have at least left a note. :d.
lol!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:05 AM
Joined Oct 2010
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
If you are not using the specific receivers then by all means wait until end of season but do send it in for everyone's safety.
I couldn't have said it better. If you are having no issues, still send it in. Better be safe than sorry...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 05:19 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
We offer LiPo as an option - that's even better. The DX10t only comes with LiPo.

Andy
Have LiPos become less sensitive to failure and safer? I would feel better knowing I didnt have a LiPo in my Tx 24/7. I store all my LiPos in a metal box.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)