mongo56 is online now Find More Posts by mongo56
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2010, 02:06 PM
Medium Rare
Sweden
Joined Jun 2010
115 Posts
Hey andy!

How is the weight on the dx8? i have a dx6 and its light is the dx8 heavier then the dx6?
Does the dx8 feel better in the hands then the dx6? I thught the dx6 had a bit "plastic" feel to it, is it the same with the dx8?

Jacob
Svensson is online now Find More Posts by Svensson
Old Sep 02, 2010, 02:18 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
The DX8 has a wonderful feel to it, nothing at all like the DX6i. It is heavier, properly balanced, and has the rubber grips that are just 'right' in my hands. Google for the comments from people who have held it at the Horizon Air Meet a few weeks ago, at IRCHA, and coming this weekend at DOGS. I haven't heard any negative feedback on the feel (we worked real hard on that).

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:04 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2007
1,332 Posts
After all these years of flying with my thumbs I'm not sure if the DX10 is for people like us. Is it possible to do that with the 10 ?
CaptAhab is offline Find More Posts by CaptAhab
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:39 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
If you have unhuman-sized hands, yes. I've been wanting to learn both Mode 1 and tray flying, so maybe I'll just break down and double-whammy myself.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:42 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
I fly mode 2 and use my thumb on my left hand and I use my thumb and pointer finger on my right. It just feels natural to me.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 02, 2010, 08:03 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,527 Posts
Well, no DX8 yet at the LHS. If they did arrive at HH on Aug 28, they did not ship them out Monday or Tuesday.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 02, 2010, 08:33 PM
Airspeed, altitude, and brains
Wolverine MI Northern Lower Peninsula
Joined Feb 2009
439 Posts
"Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?"

"Bring out your dead!....bring out your dead!..."

For anyone that is unfamiliar with the Python movies, you don't know how much you are missing! Especially Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Unfortunately they didn't have the DX8 back then (sorry, had to keep it on topic!)
flightphotog is offline Find More Posts by flightphotog
Old Sep 02, 2010, 08:35 PM
United States, CO, Evergreen
Joined Jul 2007
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
"African or European?"

Because it was decided to have it not included. The DX10t is the glider radio. There's nothing technical preventing a glider mode could being added to the radio, and if it were, it would only be a code update. But will it? That I can't answer.

Andy
Thanks for your answer. The DX10t? Are there plans of introducing that TX in the US?
I will be hoping for a DX8 firmware update. The tray transmitters would be a real bummer for DLG launches.
magee8578 is offline Find More Posts by magee8578
Old Sep 03, 2010, 05:10 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightphotog View Post
"Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?"

"Bring out your dead!....bring out your dead!..."

For anyone that is unfamiliar with the Python movies, you don't know how much you are missing! Especially Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Unfortunately they didn't have the DX8 back then (sorry, had to keep it on topic!)
Yes very funny, in a weird way!
VP
Old Sep 03, 2010, 07:55 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
I bet people have ask many times, but can we slow down the servos speed like my JR9303 on the DX8?

Thx
Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:54 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magee8578 View Post
Thanks for your answer. The DX10t? Are there plans of introducing that TX in the US?
According to my boss during his Podcast interview, yes. We don't expect to sell them here like they will in Germany, but they'll be available.

Quote:
I will be hoping for a DX8 firmware update. The tray transmitters would be a real bummer for DLG launches.
What mixes do you need in a DLG?

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:57 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
I bet people have ask many times, but can we slow down the servos speed like my JR9303 on the DX8?
I don't know how "like the 9303" it is (I don't use a 9303), but yes, it does have servo speed adjustment for all channels with speeds ranging from full-speed to about 30 seconds for full travel, PLUS for flaps there is a separate speed adjustment which controls flap and elevator compensation together.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:23 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I don't know how "like the 9303" it is (I don't use a 9303), but yes, it does have servo speed adjustment for all channels with speeds ranging from full-speed to about 30 seconds for full travel, PLUS for flaps there is a separate speed adjustment which controls flap and elevator compensation together.

Andy
Whoa, that alone could make me switch my DX7 to a DX8. I tought only the flaps could be slowed down. I want to hold one of these. Held the 11x at a funfly but wasn't impressed by the light, plastic feeling in the hands. It was a quick try though, would like to look at it longer. Hope the DX8 feels different.

Carguy
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2010, 10:03 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Whoa, that alone could make me switch my DX7 to a DX8. I tought only the flaps could be slowed down. I want to hold one of these. Held the 11x at a funfly but wasn't impressed by the light, plastic feeling in the hands. It was a quick try though, would like to look at it longer. Hope the DX8 feels different.

Carguy
It is funny, ergonomics. I havent ever had a 2 stick multichannel Tx before the DX6i I got last spring. I was thinking it had a somewhat "less than heavy duty" feel to it. It works just fine but it just feels a bit lacking. My old Futaba FP-2F car radio has a good feeling, it has an aluminum case. I think the DX8 has been improved in this area.
VP