SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 09, 2011, 10:45 PM
I fly lawn darts with wings.
United States, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
I find on all these forms a lot of people would rather argue about some stupid thing all day instead of getting out there and fly.
You find wrong. The problem with that statement is you're assuming people are choosing commenting over flying. With functioning equipment I'd bet money you can't find anyone who likes this hobby that would prefer to comment on the forums rather than fly. People comment from work, when the weather is bad, when their equipment isn't working, when their planes aren't completely built yet, when they're watching their young children (this one is mine), and any number of other reasons, none of which are because they choose the forums over flying.

I fly nearly every day, however, due to life getting in the way I am unable to fly all day every day, hence I have some time to comment, and "argue about some stupid thing".

Happy flying.

Edit: Here is a silly video a friend took today of me landing the fun cub in wind (and almost maiming the both of us ). I hope this is on topic since I'm using the DX8 and its great flap system!

bres plane 3 (0 min 38 sec)

This was the first of two times I went out flying today.
mbreslin is offline Find More Posts by mbreslin
Last edited by mbreslin; Jun 09, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:50 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
good comment. I find on all these forms a lot of people would rather argue about some stupid thing all day instead of getting out there and fly.
Everyone has different opinions about certain aspects of the DX8. They are expressing them when they are not flying.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:37 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,594 Posts
I post when I am at work so that 35 hours a week and post when in my RC room in my basement and now with new phone I can pretty much post when and where I want but like mentioned above would NEVER pick posting over my hobby.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:04 AM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
I post when I am at work so that 35 hours a week and post when in my RC room in my basement and now with new phone I can pretty much post when and where I want but like mentioned above would NEVER pick posting over my hobby.
"Posts: 11,195 " good job I am not your boss..!!
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:10 AM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,139 Posts
Thats a lot of verbal diarrhea. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
_OZ_ is online now Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:02 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,594 Posts
Quote:
"Posts: 11,195 " good job I am not your boss..!!
Not sure what your intent is by posting that but :
There are some people in the world that have good jobs and in addition to having a good job that of course provides me with a computer and free internet I can also multitask. Typing is not that hard for some members.

Post count don't define a member but at least my percent of good post out number yours because so far 50% of your post is garbage..

Actualy just check and I take it back, 100% of your posts is garbage.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7574

PS: your post made me reply and raise my post count.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Jun 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
There are some people in the world that have good jobs and in addition to having a good job that of course provides me with a computer and free internet I can also multitask. Typing is not that hard for some members.

Post count don't define a member but at least my percent of good post out number yours because so far 50% of your post is garbage..

+1

I'm also blessed with a good job and able to mutitask AND get my job done while reading rcgroups. Maybe I'll go fly at lunch time. After all, it is Friday.

P.S. Is this also "arguing about some stupid thing?"

P.P.S. I'm glad ror1 isn't my boss! Or are you?
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:06 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,522 Posts
Quote:

Where do these people come from? Are they jealous that some are able to post whenever they want? I for one appreciate and get considerable information from your posts!

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:31 PM
C17 Instructor
Yorkshire, England
Joined May 2004
238 Posts
DX 8 Upgrade

Hi All

My DX 8 just got collected by FEDEX here in UK a few minute ago to be taken to Horizon Hobby UK for DSMX TX operating in DSM2 mode and Gimbal issue upgrade.

Will post when it returns so we can see how long it takes and will post results of test flight with an AR6200 when it returns.

Paul
(AKA Veri-Gash)
Veri-Gash is offline Find More Posts by Veri-Gash
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:54 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:

I am self employed and have access to the internet throughout my workday. Part of my job is internet sales. I am not the best at multitasking, I once sent a Li Po battery instead of some guitar strings!
(just kidding)
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:00 PM
prop wash
North of Toronto in Ontario
Joined Dec 2002
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I am self employed and have access to the internet throughout my workday. Part of my job is internet sales. I am not the best at multitasking, I once sent a Li Po battery instead of some guitar strings!
(just kidding)
VP
I'll take an order of both the lipo battery and the guitar strings.
biggy boy is offline Find More Posts by biggy boy
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:31 PM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Just completed the paper work for the dx8 serivice bulletin yesterday afternoon and got received this email immediately:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your request to us. We have received it and will process it in the order in which it was received.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Horizon Hobby Product Services Staff
How long does it take to receive the shipping label?
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:38 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
withing 24 hours give or take a couple.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:39 PM
Registered American Veteran
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2010
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
Just completed the paper work for the dx8 serivice bulletin yesterday afternoon and got received this email immediately:

How long does it take to receive the shipping label?
Should be around 24 hours. Keep checking your email. You print the label off and attach by coving it with packing tape yourself.
natss is offline Find More Posts by natss
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natss View Post
Should be around 24 hours. Keep checking your email. You print the label off and attach by coving it with packing tape yourself.
You mean I can't just stick the label directly on my radio and send it off?
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz